The Rockefeller University Employee Reviews

Mechanic II (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 7, 2018
Great place to work especially if you're looking towards the long term benefits. They have great vacation time, we get 10 days off for Christmas and almost every other major holiday
Great culture
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 5, 2018
The Rockefeller University fosters a culture of learning and collaboration. Everyone is nice and helpful. Everyone is happy to be there and work toward the greater good.
Easy work
Technician (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 13, 2018
The job environment is welcoming. As long as you communicate with you boss you will have no problems. The work load osnt too much because you always have a partner
Pros
Unlimited sick days and weekends off
Ok place to work
Laboratory Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 27, 2018
The benefits are good, salary doesn't match living cost in area. Co-workers are generally nice. Facilities should be improved and parking to employees is not available.
Senior Analyst for Treasury & Accounts Payable (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 13, 2018
Good place to work but there's not much career advancement opportunities. The benefits are excellent and the work environment or culture is laid back.
Pros
laid back culture
Cons
arear is far from the subway
Not a good place
Grants Accountant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 12, 2018
Poor training and outdated systems. Limited management support. Job processes and procedures not written everything learned from current supervisor who is a poor communiator.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
see above
Great University
Administrator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 3, 2018
A great research institute,great culture. Anyone interested in the cutting edge of science and research would have a great experience here. The scientists are agreeable and willing to train and mentor.
Awesome place to work
Research Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 21, 2017
I had a wonderful boss. she really cares about her workers and makes an effort to make everyone feel included. we taught high school student the ins and outs of working in a science lab and challenged them to participate in the world of science. there were many activities pioneered to give these students the authentic experience of being a scientist, and many students benefitted from this experience.
The best research university in US for life sciences
Senior Research Associate (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 31, 2017
The quality of research, and scientists at The Rockefeller University are unmatched. The work-life balance is attainable, depending on the lab, but encouraged by HR.
The best place I've ever worked at.
A special Place to work
Program Coordinator, PMP Research Support (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 27, 2017
I have been very fortunate to work here, many perks and a warm, inviting atmosphere filled with knowledge and creativity. Have to be determined to make your own way through the organization and advance your professional career.
Pros
Lectures, concerts, health programs, employee recognition event
Cons
salary not competitive
Great place for benefits
Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 26, 2017
The workplace culture can be improved. Not too much room for advancement. Great place to learn about medical advancement. Management is ok with dealing with family issues.
Fun but competitive internship
Research intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 20, 2017
My internships at Rockefeller University (LAB-ASP, SSRP) were of the best experiences I have ever had. The spots were very limited, but once you get in, you can choose what kind of research you want to do. The mentors are amazing scientists and people. Everybody works hard, and when we got a break, we'd play hard! Amazing opportunity for high school students.
Ok
Lab Technician (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 29, 2017
The work itself is very basic and easy to comprehend and perform. Limited space for growth.
Nice working environment and nice fellow employers.
Great benefits.
Fun and Knowledgeable.
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 4, 2017
At Rockefeller University, I volunteered for Rockedu where we invite underserved schools in New York to bring in their students and let them experience an advanced Science Lab scenario. We help them carry out different experiment depending on their grade level in their respective school. As a volunteer, my responsibility is to help the students perform the experiment and to answer any of their questions.
Pros
Free Lunch, Fun with Kids
Cons
It was a volunteer opportunity, so no cons.
Good work/life balance
Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 8, 2017
Obviously, it's up to you. Nice and pleasant people to work with. Heavily research driven, less by process and procedure. Very academically inclined.
Pros
Excellent Work/Life Balance
Cons
Political nature of some roles
Good place to do research.
Research Assistant in Heintz (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 15, 2017
The Rockefeller University is a wonderful place to do research. The working environment is very friendly and professional. I learned some new techniques while I worked there, for example, the NGS.
Pros
Smart PI and Co workers, Advanced equipments and best lab supplies.
Cons
Commuter takes to long to get there.
An intellectually stimulating place to work
Assistant Director (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 10, 2017
Premiere academic research setting with award winning scientists. The faculty are leaders in their field and intellectually stimulating to interact with.
It's a very nice place to work
Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  1230 York ave Manhattanin New YorkMarch 29, 2017
I realy like work for Rockefeller University I've been there for 25 years and unfortunately the lamp that I was working for at no more funds so therefore I am unemployed
Pros
Healthcare and vacation
Cutting edge research
Grants & Finance Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 9, 2017
The Rockefeller University is a wonderful and exiting place to work. The university sits on a beautiful campus on the east side of New York City, and it is home to some of the best biomedical researchers worldwide.
Productive and room for advancements
Animal Care Technician (Former Employee) –  1230 york ave new york nyFebruary 11, 2017
Professional environment. Training programs available. Experience working at R.U. was life changing. Very positive. Earning certificates while working.
Pros
Has a great health benifits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Rockefeller University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4