The Roomplace Employee Reviews

Very competitive
CUSTOMER CARE LEAD (Former Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILMay 27, 2018
Sales is based entirely on commission, and is very competitive/cutthroat. Office employees do not get raises and very poor pay with occasionally flexible hours.
Pros
benefits, occasionally flexible shifts
Cons
long hours, cutthroat competition, politics
Great work atomesphere
Manager (Former Employee) –  Woodridge, ILMarch 1, 2018
Handle high call volume, assist with returns. order process and assist with truck drivers return codes. Assist with on line purchases and assist with warranty claims
Pros
work atomesphere
Cons
hours
bad company with no raises and no carrer growth, dead end job for high school students
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Lombard, ILDecember 22, 2017
the managers only care for themselves & their money. they sit around & talk all day and give all the hard work to the employees. racist to blacks. weg
Pros
nothing
Cons
no reason to be there, waste of time. they use you as an employee unless your hispanic
many pros and cons
Office Associate II (Current Employee) –  Aurora, ILDecember 16, 2017
Typical days differ by day of the month / week.
Mostly busy , great employees.
Customers are friendly and patient and easy to talk to .
the challenges of solving various different problems to help customers is fun.
Pros
relaxed
Cons
many responsibilities per low pay grade
Temporary job only
Stock Associate (Current Employee) –  McHenry, ILOctober 10, 2017
Not a good place to work if you want to advance, only cares about the sales staff, everyone else is expendable. They have plenty of incentives for the sales staff, but none of that goes anywhere else for the other people that work in the store.
Pros
Discounts on furnature
Cons
Lack of pay increase if you aren't on the sales team
Sitting around waiting on customes
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Glenwood, ILMarch 27, 2017
The hardest part of my job is working 12 hrs a day and didn't sell no furniture. I need a pay by the hours job and the day will go better my job is base off commission not hourly pay.
Great place to work with fun people
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Woodridge, ILApril 15, 2016
The Roomplace is one of a kind place to work we have great people employed there. I come in log in my desk and start helping customer with delivery of their new furniture. I always look forward into going to work with my co-workers because I know were going to have a exciting day everyday is a different one.
Pros
Free Lunch Day, Nice Lunch Hours, Benefits
Cons
Pay could be better
Productive day
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Bloomingdale, ILMarch 18, 2016
Focus and determined on satisfying customer needs.
I learned to be more attentive.
Good time managment.
The hardest part of the job meeting company's month budget
The most enjoyable part of the job helping people
Pros
breaks
Good position for Sales
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 13, 2016
This is a fast paced retail sales experience. Very micro-managed at every step of the selling process. A dedicated employee can manage to excel at the position. Advancement comes with ability to excel.
Pros
Steady traffic with opportunities. Company continues to grow.
Cons
Long hours, mandatory weekends.
Job Status
Stock Associate (Current Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILSeptember 10, 2015
Ok job, wish they paid more for the amount of work that a stock guy does on the weekly basis, day in, and day out. Overall, cool job you learn something new each day and its a grind to get better.
Pros
Cool job
Cons
Better resources
A good place for college students.
Office Associate (Former Employee) –  Orland ParkJuly 17, 2015
The office is a good job for college students to put on application as it teaches you a lot about how a business works. Must be able to deal with all sorts of good and bad customers. A lot of job stratification come from whether you have good and competent general manager.
Pros
Flexible, Good Co-workers
Cons
Some sales associates are not the easiest to work with
Great co-workers, not customer driven
Customer Care Lead (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, INMay 15, 2015
When I first started, I loved my job. I loved the people I worked with, I loved the environment.. but then once I was "in," I realized how terrible of a company I was working for. They do not care about their customers or their employees. They don't care about anything other than their money. They make it nearly impossible to satisfy customers and they fired their best employees for the smallest mistakes.
I would never ever ever recommend working for this company to anybody.

I would also recommend never going here if you are interested in buying furniture, it's all really cheap and they will charge you more than 50% more.
Family atmosphere. I love my coworkers.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 6, 2015
I absolutely love working here, but the hours are difficult for me, being a single mom. No compensation for working holidays. Holidays are mandatory. Long weekends. Long days. Our floor is too croweded to reach the bonus structure each month. For this reason, I am behind on bills for the first time in my life. I expected a bigger paycheck, for sure...
Shady management selling faulty furniture
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mishawaka, INJanuary 31, 2015
As a commissioned salesman a typical day was to clean the display furniture, and to sell $40,000 of furniture per month. At the end of the day I was to send e-mails to my management and corporate showing what I have sold.
I have learned different sales techniques for multiple different things, as well as the construction and quality furniture. The management has conducted very shifty deals with the guests who were looking to purchase furniture. We as salesmen were asked to up-sell different plans that the guests never needed. The furniture was of terrible quality and were sold as the best money could buy. Management would also conduct special deals and orders that were completely against company policy for their own personal gain.
The hardest part of the job was to sell product that I very well did not believe in. The most enjoyable part of the job was some of the co-workers I've met. They've taught me more about the business than management has ever done.
Pros
50% commissioned pay + hourly, Great co-workers, 15% discount on furniture
Cons
Terrible management, Poor quality furniture, Poor balance of work & personal life
Assistant Buyer (Former Employee) –  Lombard, ILJuly 11, 2014
Great place to work for. Great discount.
Management cares.
Love this job
Pros
Fun place to work.
Cons
Always on the go making things happen.
Delivery Driver, Safety Coordinator, Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Mishawaka, INDecember 11, 2013
Delivering to all residential or commercial customers securing the final part of the sales process. Doing all deliveries in timely manner making sure customers were satisfied with everything.
Customer Loyalty Representative (Current Employee) –  Lombard, ILJanuary 31, 2013
A typical work day is to pick up phone calls, asstist cutomers with any questions about their product, financing, and other question they have. I have learned how to deal with everything like customer service. Management is always there to help us improve working in the office
Fun, fun, fun and always a lot on our plates
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILDecember 10, 2012
Very family like situation. There is a lot who's top and who's not. Furnniture sales is an event where everyone feels the need to know how you close the sale or why didn't you close the sale. The best part is that you were able to meet people from sometimes 80 miles away that knew someone you or your co-worker knew
Pros
there's always something to keep you going
Cons
went out of business
Constant steady work with emphasis on thinking ahead, and handling stressfull situations
Stock associate (Former Employee) –  Algonquin, ILOctober 23, 2012
The day begins with unlocking all doors,turning on lights, straightening or replacing signage and price tags.Check floor for burnt out lights,and damaged furniture. check dailey work schedule for repricing, sales, discontinued items.Wrap all items sold the previous evening, for pickup.Unload merchandise from truck when it comes in.Wrap items as sold thru the day. Continuely up date and file all damaged items for loss control.
Pros
never a dull moment
Cons
not much room for advancment
Sold iconic American furniture, frequently custom, to customers
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 13, 2012
A typical day at work includes opening the store, preparing the showroom, inviting customers to the store, show them their what they want to see, offer other choices, upgrade the sale, apply for financing, call several financial institutions to gain credit for customers, order entry, follow up, search for prospective customers, be responsible for cash, credit, checks, and loan applications, study and learn new products and technologies, review features and benefits of product line up, closing the store properly to make ready for the next days business.

I have learned an immense amount of knowledge concerning, production, distribution, marketing, management, design, how to work with a diverse clientele, and the interaction of the business, client, and banks. What I have learned and value the most is how to work with different people, respect for my surroundings, and I learned to build my character and work ethic to benefit myself, the business and the customer.

I have so much respect for the management of La-Z-Boy. Management there provides support, continuous training, setting goals, distribution information, and a clear delegation of job responsibilities,

I have worked with top notch coworkers. There was a mutual respect in the sales business. Ranging from experienced associates to new hires, the culture of the sales force provides for a diverse community where sales associates work with each other.

The hardest part of my job is to get the customer to commit to the sale. My job requires me to earn the customers trust, perceive me as an ally rather than just a sales person.
  more... Furthermore, I must build a relationship with the customer, this is not a easy task. I must be willing and able to work with all people, at all times.

The most enjoyable part of the job is closing the sale. In addition to that is having a customer return to me for more and because of their experience customers refer me to their friends, family, colleagues.