The Sagamore Resort Employee Reviews

Horrible and not a fun place to work
Banquet Server (Former Employee) –  Bolton Landing, NYAugust 13, 2018
At the sagamore the staff is the least important, and the communication skills of the managers are very poor, and at the sagamore they treat persons from different cultures and race very awful, like they are not people as well.
all the managers at the sagamore care about is the amount of money they make and about getting the job done, and they don't care how it got done
Pros
free lunch, which is not the best
Cons
housing, not up to living standard the ones that they sub lease
fun
Security guard (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 2, 2018
great environment, great boss, great food, awesome people. great accommodations. with alot of great and collective people with awesome contact for future employment opportunity.
Favorite place of employment
Waitress/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Bolton Landing, NY 12814April 12, 2018
Very great environment! Hard working team. Fair management. Money to be made. Different options of restaurants to work in. Also offer many other employment options.
Pros
Staff meals
Cons
Parking
Hard work and good benefits
Laundry Worker (Former Employee) –  BOLTON LANDING, NYMarch 19, 2018
Work as laundry attendant was not difficult but boring sometimes. The atmosphere at work was good. Maganer helped new people to adapt to work. People have worked as a team. Employer have provided a meal during the work shift.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Long working hours
High end resort, with lots of responsibility.
Guest Services Agent (Former Employee) –  Bolton Landing, NYFebruary 20, 2018
At the front desk i would be responsible to check guest in and out and follow all the procedures necessary to make sure that the process was professional. Here I was held extremely acceptable for every single action. Was necessary that your work was thorough due to the high end clientele who expect the best hospitality. The best part of the job was when a situation arrived and you were able to effectively diffuse the situation and help the guest with what they needed it was very rewarding and they were always extremely thankful.
Pros
rewarding, good experience for future
Cons
high stress
The Sagamore Resort is a fun workplace.
Kitchen Staff, 3rd Line Cook/ Intern (Former Employee) –  Bolton Landing, NYFebruary 11, 2018
I was a line cook intern in Sagamore for half a year. At first, I thought that I would not be able to cope up with my colleagues however as time pass by I was able to witness that they don't just treat you as an employee but a family. I've met and encountered many people and things specially in cooking staffs. I would say that they will really train everyone to be at their best. I worked even under pressure and that made me realize that I can do all possibles things may it be in kitchen staff or not. I will surely miss everything in Sagamore. I am thankful and proud to be one of Sagamore's product.
Pros
Free meal
Best placce to work
Lead Cook (Former Employee) –  Bolton Landing, NYJanuary 29, 2018
Loved working there if i didnt go back to school would have stayed there, had to leave to finish school but best summers of my life/ career . would go back in a heart beat
great place to work
Pavilion Restaurant, Server and Banquet Server (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 24, 2018
l love to work at otesage resort because of the managers they are really well educated,and they are kind.

the most enjoyable parts of the job is diversity and you can see people from all over the world.
Pros
nice food, good money
Cons
nothing
First Job
Front of the house (Former Employee) –  Bolton Landing, NYJanuary 4, 2018
The Sagamore is my first job experience and this property has exposed me to the different departments in the resort. I am blessed to be able to experience a fun and learning workplace in Lake George
hostess
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Bolton Landing, NY 12814December 8, 2017
i would greet customers and seat them, I wworked on an off season, so it was a little slow, and i ended up moving to georgia, but the manager was very nice, and said if i ever came back i should reapply
Pros
great opportunities
Productive fast paced
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Bolton Landing, NYNovember 17, 2017
You worked long days until the jobs on the board were done and you had to be quick about it but you were always fed by the Company and picked up by shuttles when needed
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Very long days sometimes 16 hours
good job
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Resort, NYOctober 26, 2017
Greet Guest.
Operate Point of sale System.
Informs the guests of specials and menu changes.
Answering guest question regarding menu.
i have learnt a lot of things including
i have learnt how to interact with customers
its a fairly laid back relaxing athmosphere
when it gets busy is the hardest part
interacting with customers id the best part
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short break periods
Great location, poor management.
Director of Restaurant Operations (Current Employee) –  Bolton Landing, NYSeptember 1, 2017
Unfortunately the Resort is only making money 3 months out of the year. This means cost control is very important. It is driven to a level where the guest do not receive the level of service it deserves for the high prices they pay for a room.
Pros
Free lunches for staff, rooms available for staff against low weekly rent
Cons
Working hours
Workplace
Camp Counselor and Camp Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Bolton Landing, NYAugust 14, 2017
I learn new skills everyday as I work and converse with children and their families! I work hands-on doing crafts, sports, nature walks and much more!
Pros
Meeting great families that I still keep in contact with
Cons
short breaks, longer work days, not paid enough, not enough recognition
Sagamore Experience
3rd Cook (Former Employee) –  Sagamore Bolton Landing NYApril 8, 2017
It was a nice experience in Sagamore Resort because I've learned a lot in the kitchen especially with the chefs there. They were all supportive and helping us to improved our work.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
no cons
Great Starter Job
Recreation Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Bolton Landing, NYMarch 29, 2017
I loved working at the resort. There is alot of room for movement and management opportunities in the company. The hours are great and the pay is nice. Its a great first summer job for many!
Productive and Fun Workplace With an Extremely High Volume of Guests
Front Desk Agent/Intern (Former Employee) –  Bolton Landing, NYFebruary 2, 2017
The hours fly by working at the Sagamore because of it's high volume of guests. During the summer it is opened full time bringing in over two hundred check-ins each day. During the year it's only open on weekends but still brings in over one hundred guests per day. It is a fast paced environment that makes you think on your feet and multitask.

Sometimes it does feel overwhelming and the guests do have a lot of requests, it really helps round you as a front desk agent and prepare you for just about anything.
Pros
Learning how to work in fast paced environment
Cons
Too many guest complaints/requests
It was ok
Duty Engineer (Former Employee) –  Bolton, NYJanuary 25, 2017
The position there was not what i expected. It was a good work environment. Very friendly people.My mangier and supervises were very nice. It was different working with so many foreign people. The benefits where not what i was promised.
I have done lots of fun while working in kitchen department all the staff are nice too u and very helpful.
Internship Trainee (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 8, 2017
The sagamore is a beautiful old hotel on a fantastic property that just out into the middle of Lake George. Hard not to like this peaceful hotel, great place to sit outside for a drink and light bite . Service and staff are incredible.
Great people and Great atmosphere
Intern Food and Beverage Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Bolton Landing, NYJanuary 3, 2017
I really enjoyed my 4 months working for the Sagamore Resort as an intern. I learned more in my short time there then I had at any other job I've held. The people were great and very helpful with getting me adjusted to living in Up-State New York and adjusting to the company in general
Pros
Staff
Cons
Location and timing