The Saxton Group Employee Reviews

Good Short-Term option
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Burleson, TXJune 30, 2019
Typical days include taking care of guests (good customer service, prepare orders, etc.), cleaning up afterwards. I learned how to provide quality customer service, but primarily on my own. Quality of work is very uneven due to lack of proper training, so it's not uncommon for some employees to have to compensate for others, despite being paid about the same (not competitive wages with other restaurants). The hardest part of the job is having concerns not addressed from management along with the selective enforcement of certain policies. The best part of the job is meeting many guests and getting to know them.
Pros
30% off orders, Good Team Members
Cons
Noncompetitive compensation and benefits, Poor management
Good, not Great
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Shawnee, KSMarch 26, 2019
Working for the Saxton Group has been a lot of fun and I still enjoy working for them. Its a great first job working at the deli. But the benefits and pay don't work out long term for most people.
Seems to be a decent company to work for
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 10, 2018
Saxon Group was a good company to work for. I worked at Mcallister's in Plano and enjoyed the people I was working with for the most part. It was a company that I would recommend
Pros
Stable pay
Cons
short term
Yuck
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NESeptember 11, 2018
The management was very poor and they would hardly work. They would hardly schedule anyone enough hours to get by and would often deny your request to pick up shifts.
Dislike
McAlister's Deli (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAAugust 15, 2018
Didn't like this company at all. I had multiple problems with employees yelling at me and snatching things from me cause I was being slow or accidentally messed up. I was told that I wasn't fit for the job and that I should quit and work somewhere my pace since they knew I had some mental health problems.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Disrespected
Short staffed a lot of times
Cashier / Server (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 30, 2018
There’s not really enough workers to give the customer service and hospitality we are supposed to represent . So people get mad when they want all these things and you and another person are the only ones running around the dining room to get food out , refills , take call in orders , bag call in orders , bus tables and everything else that needs to get done .
Fun work environment with superiors who care about employees growth more than the business. (Which is how it should be)
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 9, 2018
I worked for a great mentor who taught me how to be a better leader. Not having a structured schedule was my least favorite thing about the job. I enjoyed watching kids grow up under my leadership and watching the wonderful people/employees they became.
Cons
Long shifts, random schedule, no notice for future schedule until day before.
It is a good place to work if you enjoy the food industry
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 28, 2017
I traveled from store to store working from town to town. I enjoyed the concept of the restaurant and learning the industry. Human resources are wonderful and willing to help you with anything.
Pros
Excellent food and competitive pay
Asst. General Manager (Former Employee) –  Wichita Falls, TXAugust 22, 2017
Good steady work. Inventory every Sunday a pain but necessary. high employee turnover due to lower wages. Friendly people. Fast growing. Involved in community activities.
Pros
Steady job
Don't work here
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSApril 21, 2017
This place will suck your soul out, stomp on it thoroughly, eat it, then barf it out and then dance on it. This is literally the worst place you could ever work.
Always playing catch up
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXJuly 31, 2013
The Saxton Group is a really good company but unfortunately with the increased expansion and purchasing of a sister company, the company is in desperate need of many things. We have been desperately short handed for the last year, we lack training standards and the managers are run ragged trying to meet numbers. I have appreciated their core values because they have expanded my own beliefs further. The downfall of this opportunity has been a very weak management team due to minimal tenure and a lack of training as newly hired trainees. This has strained even the strongest management teams in the company. Also the retention of great talent has been lower than the company expected in the last year.

The best part of my job is developing relationships with customers and staff that breed trust and compassion for me individually as well as our brand. Whether it is a catering client, a regular in store customer or a new customer to the McAlister's name, I have always enjoyed interacting and building those relationships with my guests.
Pros
Great PR from an industry perspective about the company
Cons
Self described as a B paying company

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Saxton Group. Our community is ready to answer.