The Saxton Group

The Saxton Group Pay & Benefits reviews

United States12 reviews
I enjoyed working here. The environment was fun and it was a joy to put smiles on the faces of my customers, especially our regulars. I'd say the only thing I didn't like about my job is there isn't any sort of program that regularly assesses how you're doing in order to get raises and the like. I had to ask for a raise even after being there for almost 2 years.
Typical days include taking care of guests (good customer service, prepare orders, etc.), cleaning up afterwards. I learned how to provide quality customer service, but primarily on my own. Quality of work is very uneven due to lack of proper training, so it's not uncommon for some employees to have to compensate for others, despite being paid about the same (not competitive wages with other restaurants). The hardest part of the job is having concerns not addressed from management along with the selective enforcement of certain policies. The best part of the job is meeting many guests and getting to know them.
Pros
30% off orders, Good Team Members
Cons
Noncompetitive compensation and benefits, Poor management
Working for the Saxton Group has been a lot of fun and I still enjoy working for them. Its a great first job working at the deli. But the benefits and pay don't work out long term for most people.
I traveled from store to store working from town to town. I enjoyed the concept of the restaurant and learning the industry. Human resources are wonderful and willing to help you with anything.
Pros
Excellent food and competitive pay
Cons
Good steady work. Inventory every Sunday a pain but necessary. high employee turnover due to lower wages. Friendly people. Fast growing. Involved in community activities.
Pros
Steady job
Share your experience
Let job seekers know what it's like to work at your company.