The Schwan Food Company Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Found 1,376 reviews matching the search See all 1,421 reviews
Easy job
Schwan's Associate Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Marshall, MNAugust 16, 2018
Good first job but don't stay here long term because they don't do well with keeping pay fair for long term employees. I also got promised a 6 month raise and they decided to say at 6 months that they got rid of that so I just didn't get one.
Pros
Random give aways
Cons
Pay
Solid company
Route Sales (Current Employee) –  Maine, MEAugust 15, 2018
Solid company, takes care of employees, allows employees flexible hours to run routes, appreciates employee feedback on all facets of the job, gives you the opportunity to succeed
Not a good company to work for
Route Driver (Former Employee) –  killeen texasAugust 9, 2018
Not a fun job at all they use you and use you till the get what they want and then throw you out . would never work with this company again. Feel sorry for the people that do
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
Forklift Operator II (Current Employee) –  Salina, KSAugust 8, 2018
plenty of overtime. Upper management changes frequently. High turnover rate. Long hours. Climate controlled so must be willing to work in cold temperatures.
great environment from power huddles to team stretching always open door polices.
Senior Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Conroe, TXAugust 6, 2018
i loved my role as the Senior MH, great people and a great place to work, they are willing to help and listen. i was able to make my depot as my own and took great pride in doing so. upper management for the most part was incredible and very smart in the industry. they strive to make the customer absolutely #1
Pros
the best people to work with
Cons
had to work Saturdays if a holiday fell on a weekday to make up for it
A nice part time postion
Part-time Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 4, 2018
Have nothing to say, other than you have to decide for yourself is this work right for me. I found it was the right position for me and I have nothing good or bad to say but a nice part time job.
Pros
early morning's
Cons
weekend work
very physical job
Sanitation Worker (Former Employee) –  Florence, KYAugust 2, 2018
I liked my schedule. Management is horrible. No team work. Very cold working conditions. I worked 3rd shift sanitation and we had to work almost every holiday. Very short people so they expect you to do 2 and 3 jobs and one time with no help. Too many people acting like bosses who aren't.
Pros
laid back
Cons
over worked, no help
Great Company
National Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Bentonville, ARJuly 31, 2018
I was able to make a lot of advances with the business and my career at Schwan's. Great people and great products. I enjoyed the ability to drive the business with empowerment that was provided.
Good company with great people...vision gets muddled and lost by Management
SENIOR SYSTEMS ENGINEER (Former Employee) –  Marshall, MNJuly 29, 2018
I worked for Schawn's in the IT Ops realm. Great people but overworked. Management is totally dependent on off-shore development and that drives their "muddled" vision. The people in MN are fantastic to work with.
Pros
Small town and family feel
Cons
No true vision
Typical Work Day at Schwan Food Company
Maintainer Operator(Lead) (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 24, 2018
Typical work day was high pace and lots of different attitudes with underpaid staff. Does not value hard workers. Not a happy work environment. Need to remodel the entire building. Saw insects daily while working there.
Good job security
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJuly 24, 2018
This job was a permanent part-time, Saturday / Sunday job. I could start anytime in the morning hours and get done in a timely manner. Basically I did an honest day's work for an honest day's wage. It was good job security. I got along very well with my supervisor and the owner. I left on excellent terms and can go back anytime I want. As long as I'm physically able to do the work.
Pros
Good job security and nice supervisor.
Cons
Usually had sore muscles at the end of my shift.
Night Shift
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Salina, KSJuly 23, 2018
Do not plan to move up with this company. Their benefits where very nice but the hours and pay was not. If you plan to make any money while having insurance you must work 70 hours a week
Working For Schwans
Employee (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, TXJuly 22, 2018
Slow pace place plagued by poor management and culture. The job was fairly easy and you find great and dedicated employees for the most part. Sometimes fun to work when you look away from some of the things that happened behind the scene.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Poor management and culture
Not a good job if you have a family
RSR Driver (Former Employee) –  Pekin, ILJuly 20, 2018
The hours are long. Not enough pay. The management likes to talk really bad about you and make up lies. Not to mention the manager at that depot sexually harasses you
Benefits
Cons
Hours, management
Working for Schwan's
Route Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Johns Island, SCJuly 20, 2018
Schwan's was a great company to work for. As a then, 21-year old, the pay was great and the atmosphere was fast-paced and competitive. I would have stayed at Schwan's for a long time but unfortunately I went back to school and moved out of the area.
Driver
Route Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Conrad, MTJuly 18, 2018
their was no time to play ping pong. I spent more time running the route then i spent at home not a job for a family man. i have said all that i need to say at this time.
Pros
long days
Cons
not a lot of money
I had a great manager
Customer Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  uvalde txJuly 18, 2018
just like most jobs.... your raise becomes effective when you do!! If you apply yourself you can get great results and customers are awesome............
N/a
Route Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Destrehan, LAJuly 17, 2018
It was a decent job or not recommend it to anybody that cannot handle the stress Environment. And it is not for everybody especially people that cannot handle freezing temperatures
did not like working there
Sanitation Technician (Former Employee) –  Salina, KSJuly 11, 2018
did not like working there Had to work seven nights a week will never work there again the worst job i have ever had would not tell any one to work there
Territory Manager (Former Employee) –  Murrieta, CAJuly 9, 2018
Decent money if your lucky enough to get a good territory. Long hours, work from around 11am to 11-12 pm Monday thur Friday and sometimes Sat work. Good people.
Pros
good people
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Schwan Food Company. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.3InHerSight Score

2.1Personal Development

2.5Career Opportunities

2.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight