The Scooter Store, Inc. Employee Reviews

Terrible company
Mobility Specialist 1 (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCMay 14, 2018
Company was shut down for violating Medicare and insurance laws. At the end, the owner/founder bailed on the company to avoid being arrested and/or sued.
Pros
travel
Cons
comapny was not ethical
loved them
PHYSICAL THERAPY COORDIANTOR (Former Employee) –  New Braunfels, TXMay 3, 2018
this was a wonderful place to work it paid well and had a wonderful group of people and was also a fun place to work with great benefits and even had a dr office and gym on site.
Customer Service Rep
Call Center (Former Employee) –  New Braunfels, TXApril 4, 2018
I loved my job at the Scooter Store. I helped customers that needed medical durable equipment. The job was demanding and quotas to meet. They treated their employers very well.
However I left to move to Ohio.
The Scooter Store shut down a couple years after I left.
Pros
We received bonuses.
Cons
Short Breaks
Great place to work!
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  New Braunfels, TXMarch 28, 2018
This company is no longer in business, Great culture! I learned sales techniques, dealing with Dr office staff. Worked with nurses in house,. Learned team building and having fun while working
N/a
Field Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Clinton Township, MIMarch 27, 2018
Was great while i was there, but Company went out of business; not much more to say Great job but it didn’t last. Typical day was making appts for customers for Scooter arrivals or repairs.
Pros
Friendlyatmosphere
N/a
Mobile Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 28, 2018
Had a great experience in this job. they treat me with respect and value my opinion and learn a great deal when it comes to wheelchair and how it help people with disability.
Fun company
Field Technician (Former Employee) –  New Braunfels, TXJanuary 29, 2018
If looking for a company that was their for the employees this would be it. Unfortunately the company no longer is in business. Parties ere provided for teams and confetti was a must here.
good place to work
Manufacturing Technician (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 6, 2018
Typical day was spent either building electric mobility scooters for people with disabilities or delivering them to people all around the state of arizona
Fun place to work
Appeals Administrator II (Former Employee) –  New Braunfels, TX 78130December 8, 2017
Maintained accounts to ensure proficient filing of appeals to ensure customer satisfaction. I demonstrated compassion and integrity through words and actions when filling each appeal for customers that are in need.
Pros
great people to work with
work day
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  New Braunfels, TXNovember 28, 2017
make sure all systems are used to make sure customers needs are met. make sure to ask all the correct questions so that the customers issue is solved.
Dishonest company
Nurse Reviewer (Former Employee) –  New Braunfels, TXNovember 9, 2017
There is a reason this company was fined and punished for Medicare Fraud - it was rampant. My job was to insure that the documentation was correct and everything complied with Medicare rules/regulations, and that the patient got the correct equipment for their condition. I was told I wasn't a "good fit" for them because they felt I turned down too many units as not Medicare compliant (This company has since been shut down permanently for this very thing).
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
Dishonest, fraudulent management
Great company
Director of Finance (Former Employee) –  New Braunfels, TXOctober 23, 2017
The Scooter Store was a great company to work for while they were in business....however they declared bankruptcy and are unfortunately no longer in business
Warehouse Specialist
Warehouse Specialist (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKOctober 9, 2017
Everyday one would collect the routes paperwork for the next day for delivery or repair of power wheelchairs. All of the parts or chairs were collected from the warehouse that corrsponded with the equipment that was listed to be repaired or delivered. Managment was there for back up.
Pros
Team work
Cons
no air conditioning in the warehouse
Business shut down
LVN/Medical Review Nurse (Former Employee) –  New Braunfels, TXAugust 26, 2017
Shut down by FBI for Medicare and Medicaid fraud.
Managers played favorites with staff, no room for adavancement. Owner should be ashamed of himself!! We got lied to all the time and other coworkers would always gossip
Closed
Corporate Sales - Sales Manger (Former Employee) –  New Braunfels, TXJuly 25, 2017
Unfortunately the scooter store was shut down my local and state agencies. We helped provide frredom and indepence to people with limited mobility, and I fear they now have nobody fighting for them anymore.
Facility no longer opened
LVN (Former Employee) –  New Braunfels, TXJune 21, 2017
Facility no longer opened. Hiring was completed by a outside source and paid at a lower rate. Work days and schedule very convenient and staff was excellent.
It was a great job
Mobility Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LAMay 27, 2017
This job was fun and i learned a lot about the power mobility industry. Management was always willing to step in to help an employee grow. Overall a good company to work for.
Pros
great work environment
Cons
Went out of business
Out of Business
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 24, 2017
Had a good time when I worked there.
The job was extremely hard with not much compensation.
Lots of interaction between employees and not all positive.
A great work environment
Medical Billing and Review Specialist (Former Employee) –  New Braunfels, TXMarch 9, 2017
Everyday our first priority was to the customer.Customer satisfaction was our main goal. The most enjoyable part for me was to see my customers happy.
Scooter University
Mediare Payment processing (Former Employee) –  New Braunfels, TXMarch 7, 2017
Yes we had Scooter University as part of new hire employee. I cant remember how long it was but it was mandatory of new hire package. There you were feed, given snacks, played games that were work related. Learn how it all started and became nationwide. How he share with us about wellness, taking care of your health and eating right. He was over weight and how he lost it and how he now lives a healthy. He made a must that during our morning and afternoon break, that we were given health snacks free. He was very considerate towards his employee by having a lounge room consisting of papasan chairs. Incase an employee having stressful day, didn't get enough rest or just wasn't feeling 100% , that was there for our benefit. After you complete Scooter University, we would even have graduation with cap/gown and it was done first thing in morning and everyone attends and throws confetti. I loved working there and I sad to see it go.
Pros
bonuses, department contest, inhouse doctor, wellness fair, casino nite
Cons
hold on raises. audits from medicare