The Scotts Miracle-Gro Company Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Nice place to work
Intake Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Orrville, OHJuly 16, 2018
They are family oriented . In summer you work 4 days a week. From October to June you work 10-12 hours a day 6 days a weeks. Sometimes you will work on Sunday.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Time off for death in family
Fast paced environment
Key Account Manager/Regional Broker Manager (Former Employee) –  Marysville, OHJuly 11, 2018
A fast paced weather driven environment. Weather is not an excuse to not deliver results. Must be familiar with internal workings of the company to get things done.
Pros
work remotely
Cons
primary focus on box stores
Good company to work for
Retail Merchandising Representative (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 10, 2018
Scotts is a very laid back company to work for. They need more full time positions however. Most outside jobs are seasonal. There is little job ssecurity.
Pros
I got free lunches from my manager on a frequent basis.You also get free products.
Cons
Seasonal employment
Learned A lot
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Maricopa County, AZJuly 10, 2018
For the few months I was there I learned a lot about merchandising. The hours were pretty nice and the work, though hard was very rewarding . The management was very nice and helpful. Although the competitiveness of the management did put unnecessary on me. Overall a wonderful experience .
Pros
Free Lunch sometimes
Cons
Picky Management
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Pearl, MSJuly 7, 2018
Working at the Scotts Company was both beneficial for me and my family. They offer good pay and benefits. I applaud the management team for engaging the workforce with potential growth.
Great place to work and never a dull moment!
Sr. Project Analyst (Current Employee) –  Marysville, OHJuly 5, 2018
No day is the same as I collaborate with many departments and levels of our management teams on a daily basis to resolve a variety of issues along with the creation and implementation of new projects.

Our relaxed workplace culture, ability to work remote and hands on management teams are a key component to our continued drive for success.
Great company with amazing benefits and strong brand focus
Plant Manager - Growing Media (Former Employee) –  Lakeville, MNJune 27, 2018
Lots of production site autonomy. Excellent focus on product quality. Empowering employees and caring about their ability to support their families. Focused on Operational Excellence, but not at the expense of people.
Not even considered
Safety manager applicant (Former Employee) –  Washington StateJune 16, 2018
I’m sure this is a good company to work for, but be advised that they are a tobacco-free company, and any use of any kind of tobacco is an automatically disqualifying event, no matter any qualifications. So if you use tobacco in any form, don’t bother applying. They don’t tell you this until you are all the way through the online application process and then it is spelled out clearly that you are automatically removed from consideration. Just an FYI. I’m guessing this strategy works for them in the ever-shrinking talent pool.
A good company to work for.
Warehouse Lead (Former Employee) –  Pearl, MSJune 14, 2018
Giving preshift meeting.Assigning crew their task for shift and walking the area for hazards and checking inventory.Getting all the tasks completed during the shift.I love having a crew that works well together.
irregular
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJune 14, 2018
Never knew day to day if you were working or not. Never knew how many hours you would be able to work depending on product change or placement. Often only 2-3 members of the 5 man crew were actually working.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
no benefits, hours and mileage are logged online, seasonal
great place to work
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Marysville, OHJune 6, 2018
I enjoyed working for Scotts Miracle Gro. I wish there was full time available. My manager is very fair and trustworthy. It was a temporary job. I was happy with it.
Industrial Maintenance Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Pearl MSJune 6, 2018
Over all Scotts is a very great place to work . Wages were very competitive , if not the best around . The work load was heavy at times but manageable . A normal day consist of catching calls and projects . The people are the best to be around . One of the best teams to work on .
Pros
Great pay and benefits
Cons
No promotions
It was fun educating customers.
Merchandiser (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Brownwood, TXJune 6, 2018
It was a great place to work. The downfall was it was seasonal. I worked alone and sent pictures to my Boss as of what I did that day. I did do a lot of traveling.
Pros
Free lunches, sometimes.
Cons
Seasonal
Material Handler/ Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Avondale, PAJune 5, 2018
Machine Operator duties was to operate the bagging machine and keeping an eye on the machine making sure it was in operating condition so the product would be properly bagged
Productive and fun place to work
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Pearl, MSMay 27, 2018
Great job and employees. Paid breaks with chance for advancement. Good benefits, family oriented, excellent communication amongst staff. Great 401k package
Pros
Pay
Cons
No cons
Hard, dirty work
Industrial Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Lindon, UTMay 26, 2018
Lack of personal protective equipment caused me to become ill several times due to breathing heavy dust particles. New equipment was not properly designed for product production and this created numerous maintenance issues. I did enjoy working for my supervisor, who understood the equipment issues.
Work as Merchandiser
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Central VirginiaMay 26, 2018
I've been with Scotts for a few months, and although it's great for a parent in flexibility, the work is too inconsistent. I am not sure why after the planting season you only get about 10-15 hours a week when reps with Pennington get 30-40 and Pennington makes 15 an hour compared to 12 for Scotts. If I had advice, I'd say, hire more reliable people, as the person I got hired with is barely able to work, so the entire job falls on me, when it is a two person job sometimes.
Pros
Very flexibile, boss is great.
Cons
no benefits, some store managers can be difficult to deal with, the employees of stores act like you are taking something away from them.
Productive and fun place
Merchandiser (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VAMay 20, 2018
i stocked and clean bags of dirt as well as packing out product. I also worked to restock shelves and help customers with any help they needed. It wasn't too bad.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
not enough hours and long travel
Excellent place to work
Material Planner / Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Pearl, MSMay 18, 2018
I truly enjoy my current position, but unfortunately, the decision was made to close this facility. It's a great place to work. I've been working at this plant for almost 36 years, but under different owners.
Good Company. no advancement
Lead Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, TNMay 14, 2018
This company is a large company, I found management was good , but there is no where to go in this part of the county with this company. If you live near Cleveland it is a good job.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Scotts Miracle-Gro Company. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.9InHerSight Score

3.2Personal Development

2.6Career Opportunities

2.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight