The Scotts Miracle-Gro Company Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Productive and fun place
Merchandiser (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VAMay 20, 2018
i stocked and clean bags of dirt as well as packing out product. I also worked to restock shelves and help customers with any help they needed. It wasn't too bad.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
not enough hours and long travel
Excellent place to work
Material Planner / Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Pearl, MSMay 18, 2018
I truly enjoy my current position, but unfortunately, the decision was made to close this facility. It's a great place to work. I've been working at this plant for almost 36 years, but under different owners.
Good Company. no advancement
Lead Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, TNMay 14, 2018
This company is a large company, I found management was good , but there is no where to go in this part of the county with this company. If you live near Cleveland it is a good job.
Lead Formulations Operator (Current Employee) –  Pearl, MSMay 11, 2018
Job security risks but great place to work with great benefits. The most enjoyable part of the job was the constant workload that came along with it, never bored always something to do.
Great Products- Management is going downhill
District Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Marysville, OHMay 11, 2018
The career was a very good choice for someone with out a degree. The positions for advancements were always good. After the CEO made some crazy changes that all dissipated and expectations were raised to extreme levels that could not be met.
Pros
Flexibility
decent job for students
Sales Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VAApril 30, 2018
Decent job to help students make ends meet. Boss was extremely understanding. Pay increases with tenure. Hard work, and you will get dirty but I would recommend to anyone who is capable.
Dead end
Line operator (Current Employee) –  Carrollton, KYApril 20, 2018
Long hours, bad balance between work and home. Always promised full time to new employees but hardly any openings that get filled. Always shorthanded.
Pros
Cons
Sweat shop
Solid environment
Territory Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Gahanna, OHApril 20, 2018
Scotts is a great place to work, good environment, and room to advance, friendly staff. The benefits package is adequate and the on site health center is a plus.
Great culture
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Lindon, UTApril 12, 2018
The Scotts organization has a major emphasis on safety, so much so that safety was the biggest part of the culture among all employees.
It's a very busy and very fast paced work environment where pallets of product are continually coming off the line, and semi trucks come into the yard all hours of the day to be loaded or unloaded with product.
Management is very willing to work with your personal schedule, such as school, they are very focused on getting work complete on time as any manager would be, but safety is always their top priority.
I was a temporary contract employee and worked 10 hours per day, and alternated between 5 and 6 day work weeks. Even so, I loved working here so much that I would've tried pursuing a long term career with Scotts if I wasn't attending school full-time, but 50 and 60 hour work weeks are too much for 15 credit hours of upper division courses.
Pros
Major safety culture, good pay
Cons
Long weeks
N/a
In Store Vender (Season Employment) (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 4, 2018
Morning would start with getting items pulled down. Afterwards, all shelves & bins were restocked & cleaned. After that, we would assist any customers in looking for the appropriate products they needed.
Labor Intensive Merchandising Job
Merchandising Lead/Sales Counselor (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 30, 2018
Overall pay and hours are decent.
The job is very physical; especially if you like to lift weights, exercise, get dirty, and work indoors and outdoors.
customer service
Merchandiser / Counselor (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TN 37923March 25, 2018
Great company to work for even if it was only a temp job. manager was great, the work was outside in the spring and summer time. this is only a seasonal job.
Great Company
Field Manager/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Annapolis, MDFebruary 22, 2018
If they could have hired me full time, I would have stayed. Company is too tight to hire full time. Benefits are amazing for full timers, list is long waiting for full time employment.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Too cheap to hire full time
Merchandiser and Counselor
Merchandiser and Counselor (Former Employee) –  Valley Stream, NYFebruary 21, 2018
 Work hand in hand with our retail partners to ensure that Scotts brand name products are properly stocked.
 Merchandised and promoted.
 Interact with customers to ensure they understand which of our products best meet their needs.
work week
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  FLFebruary 20, 2018
to many expected hours for the pay.
Culture was very open to feedback until recent years. Company does seem to care about its employees. many perks to the sales job
Very productive
Production Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Fort Madison, IAFebruary 18, 2018
Scott's was my very first job it was okay in the beginning then I started to realize this some of the people work there acted like it was still in high school overall it was a very fun experience working there
Not a bad place to work
Production Lead (Former Employee) –  Fort Madison, IAFebruary 16, 2018
Scott's wasn't bad to work for except if you worked 1st shift you had to work swing shift every two weeks between 1st and 2nd shift. You never had time to adjust. I opted to work 3rd so at least I was on one shift. When they opened a new plant they wanted to make us take a significant pay cut to stay on or move to Mississippi without any notice. It was a lose lose situation.
Great place... Horrible Management
DISPATCH SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Vance, ALFebruary 9, 2018
There can be long hours during the spring.But the pay is worth it. The management is out for themselves and do not believe in helping employees. Would be a great job except for that.
Benefits
Great company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Marysville, OHJanuary 30, 2018
A great place to begin a career or further a career. Lots of training provided on relevant topics. Management were positive. Great vibes. Good jobs for senior citizens as well as new grads.
used to be good now not so much
Merchandiser (part-time) (Former Employee) –  MichiganJanuary 26, 2018
worked here 9 years the first 4 years were good lots of hours fair pay lots of team work the last 5 sucked no raises and the budget shrunk every year which meant not as many hours manager sucked horrible communication i was one of the best merchandisers around yet was never compensated for the work i did. last 3 years i worked alone no help pulling heavy pallets that are supposed to be at least two people on a heavy pallet. job got old tired of the bs went to work for the competition better pay way less bs to deal with
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
too many to list

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Scotts Miracle-Gro Company. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.9InHerSight Score

3.2Personal Development

2.6Career Opportunities

2.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight