The Scotts Miracle-Gro Company logo

Work-Life Balance

Great Company

Featured review

The Scotts Miracle-Gro Company selected this as a representative review
Working for Scott’s was such an awesome experience. Very laid back management and they wouldn’t pester you like some jobs. If I could’ve work full time I would’ve. Typical day is you showing up to your assigned store with a task list and squaring away the Scott’s section of said store, making sure that the sections look clean and presentable to customers.

fast paced production work, u get part of the summer off, hot place to work, if u get full time great pay n benefits, 410k, good retirement

I worked there 6 yr,s as under a temp agency the pay could be better. hard to get on as full time as company employer, but their pay is good. good benefits. coworkers are good to work with. this company will give u all the work u can handle. over the Scott's co. is a good company to work for. Provide shoe vouchers to help u buy steel-toed boots required for the job.

Results oriented culture

Scotts is a fast paced, results oriented culture. They treat their employees well with little turnover at the top. however, this lack of turnover can lead to lack of opportunities.

Lots of cleaning up dirt.

There is not a whole lot of communication between bosses and employees. They really don't tell you anything along the lines of training. They just put you in a spot and let you go.

Productive and satisfying work environment

Flexible hours and enjoyable. Knowledge of the lawn & Garden Industry. Take pride in your work. Knowledge of computer to create reports and pricing. Provide customer service.

Would you rate your company five stars?

Rate your employer to help people make better career decisions.

I do not recommend this company

I would not recommend this place at all Management is awful and rude. And disrespectful to there employees. They be little and discourage there employees. The company it’s self is amazing, but this facility needs to clean house and get new management in there.

Toxic hateful work environment

Toxic and hateful work environment created by the company and its management. Due to a divided work force between full time employees (green hats) and much needed and overworked and underappreciated contractors (Orange hats)

Hard work, differernt work areas, pay could be better

Pay is not related with experience, you will work hard during the season. You must be able to lift 45 lbs or more, you will get dirty, you will build relationships with store associates.

Part time temporary / Full time expansions

ScottsMG is more focused on advertising and stockholders than it will ever be in employee productivity , employee benefits or employee retention with a great number of their retail partners are in extremely seasonal locations so the window of sales is very short so all they want is cheep part time short time labor

Great Place to Work.

Outstanding place to work. Good communication. Positive culture. Flexible with scheduling and getting time off if needed. Pay could be a little better, However, the 401k match is top notch and the medical benefits are good.

Jobs at The Scotts Miracle-Gro Company

See more jobs

Good

I woke up and went to work I enjoyed and was proud of the work that I did for Scotts miracle gro. I miss the people and I miss the accomplishments that we had made together

Enjoyed my time there

I worked there for 6 months before being offered a position elsewhere. I enjoyed working there. There was something different going on constantly and the people I worked with were pretty cool. They would take the time to teach you things instead of just talk at you and expect you to do it. I would recommend this place

Lots to accomplish in the first half of the year.

I have a great supervisor who appreciates a job well done.Lots of physical activity.Attention to detail and being able to work on your own are key attributes of this job.Working in home Depot and Lowes can be fun.

Enjoyable experience

Great atmosphere, can be light to heavy activity, big moves of product & detail work too. Great supplement income job. If you smoke, don't bother applying. No benefits given.

Political

They play favorites, cater to employees who steal, lie on there time and mileage reports, break cardinal rules over and over. Hostile, discrimination.

nothing to say

again this is something I should not have to do to apply for jobs. who ever thought of this as being a good idea should rethink things. I am just trying to find a job.

Wonderful working place

Amazing environment! Everyone there are good people they work hard! The help you if they know you need it! Everyone gets along there. It’s such a comfortable amazing place to work

Production with SCOTT Miracle-Gro

Production is fast and good for exercise. Me and the rest of the team box up 6 rows and 10 to 20 pallets a day. Then we ship them out to stores like Walmart.

Challenging Place to work

Stay away if you value time with your family. You are ask to sacrifice too much of your time at the plant. The busy season is long. The money paid don't match the time spent at the plant especially if you are regular exempt employee.

Pros

10 hrs / 4-work days (not on season)

Cons

12 hrs /6-work days (on season). The company can't warranty how long the season last.

Tipical day at work.

Friendly enviorment Every morning we go over job details and a safetybrief details. And we start the day with the equipment safety check. Making sure that the equipment is safe and ready to use.then we go to our normal duties.

lot of high school style drama

dont recommend it.. childish behaviors. unprofessional even this review is not enough...need to add more what else can i say..it was not a good environment

Official response from The Scotts Miracle-Gro Company

October 18, 2019
We appreciate your remarks, as we welcome insights from associates. We receive plenty of positive marks from our associates and recognize people have differing opinions and we respect that. If you would like to provide details of your experience with us, please contact the HR department.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Scotts Miracle-Gro Company. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
3.1Personal Development
2.7Career Opportunities
3.3Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight

Compare The Scotts Miracle-Gro Company with

• The Scotts Miracle-Gro Company
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?