The Select Group Employee Reviews

Engineer start point
Engineering Contractor (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GAFebruary 6, 2018
It is a placement agency with good contacts. The contacts treat you well and are there to help. I had no problems with them. It is the best company if you are just getting into the Engineering field.
Pros
Quick placement
Cons
Placement is just Entry Level
Becoming a good company
Desktop Support (6month contract) (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJanuary 15, 2018
It was my first time working with this company. They are in other states but new to mine. It was a good employment position that I landed with this company. I can see the company growing and becoming a player in the area of recruiting.
Associate Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCDecember 10, 2017
A typical day is coming in in the morning, having a group meeting where you are given updates and assignments, and then completing the assignments throughout the day.
Manager (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 17, 2017
The Select Group is a great company to work for. Strong leadership team that promotes a positive culture. Fast-paced environment that has career growth opportunities.
Young and energetic group who want you to succeed
Mid-Level Web Developer (Current Employee) –  Sterling, VAOctober 3, 2017
I've loved my time with TSG. My main contact, Chris Issa, has been nothing short of amazing. Everyone I've met within the company are looking forward to helping you succeed.

My major knock/complaint is the benefits package. It is pretty lacking in PTO and no 401k match. But I must say they paid for my certification and pay pretty well(but 5 days of PTO cancels that out imo).
Cons
Benefits package
Typical recruiting agency
CAD Tech (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PASeptember 9, 2017
It was an okay first job. The select group themselves are shady, selfish recruiters. Entry pay is very low. The company I was recruited to is okay, I like the location, management isn't terrible. But as long as you're on a select group contract it's pretty frustrating to deal with.
Great Organization to Work For!
Technical Recruiter (Current Employee) –  San JoseSeptember 9, 2017
I loved my time at The Select Group. They are very transparent and supportive which is what you want from a growing organization. The San Jose team is the fastest growing team in the company and the management has been more than ideal. In an industry that has the highest turnover, The Select Group keeps their high performance, work-hard/play-hard culture intact. The career growth is definitely there if you are sure you want sales or recruiting. Connect with a recruiter if you can.
Pros
Culture, Management, and PTO
Cons
work-life balance due to the industry and nature of the buisness
Very busy and stressful place to work without much management support.
Maintenance Training Manager Assigned to TBB (Former Employee) –  High Point, NCJune 7, 2017
Worked on my own researching my project assignments, attending meeting, and observing equipment operations and talking with operators and maintenance personnel.

Attended weekly update meetings with the assembly plant manager over my area.
Pros
Break time was as needed. I managed my own schedule.
Cons
Management not open to new ways of doing things.
Good people helping great talent
Contractor (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJune 1, 2017
I have worked with TSG for almost a year, and I have learned a lot from where I have worked at. All I would like to say is I like working there. Love it.
Pros
Decent placement
Cons
None.
Great 1st company
Technical Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 5, 2017
Loved working here. TSG will always be in my heart. Great company to work for when you get out of college. WIll challenge you and push you hard, but that's what jobs are supposed to do.
Great agency to work for!!
Clien Service Center Agent (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHDecember 21, 2015
They do their utmost to help you find another job once your contract is complete. My recruiter is outstanding!! I feel that she is looking out for my best interests!! If the contract is over a certain amount of time, you have the opportunity to accept paid holidays.
Gave me a great opportunity
Project Manager Consultant (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 25, 2015
They provided a great opportunity, and were always available. I have no complaints. I will now add additional words to satisfy the writing requirement to proceed to the next page.
The Ultimate Dream Job
Mechanical Engineering Intern (Current Employee) –  Clemmons, NCJune 22, 2015
At Hayward everyday I come into work everyone is nice and speaks to you. The company is laid back, but everyone still gets their work done. Everyone is willing to help one another even if that means for them to go out of there way to help you. A typical day is like any other job, except at this job you will have fun because of the people you work with. At Hayward I have learned a lot about the company, myself, and all the other employees along with learning a lot more about pool products. Everyday you learn something new and there is always something going on so it never gets boring. The management at Hayward is by far the best management I have ever met. Everyone is caring and hardworking and wants to make sure you are enjoying yourself while at work. The co-workers have been very friendly and welcoming. They make you feel like you are a part of their "family". Everyone has great personalities. The workers at Hayward are hard to come by. You can tell that Hayward takes great employees based on work ethic and their personality. Coming into work every day is something I look forward to because I have fun and I get to work with people I call my friends. The hardest part of this job is applying my school knowledge to industry knowledge and understanding and applying the design portion to manufacturing. The most enjoyable part of the job so far has been working with some of the engineers on projects and getting to see different types of products being made and how they test them. Hayward is the way to go! They are the type of people that will treat you right and it  more... is just overall a great company to work for. After my internship is over I want to work for this company if it is possible. I can't imagine working for a better company.  less
Productive and exciting workplace environment
Information Services (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 5, 2015
I was employed under a temporary agency called The Select Group. I worked with Information Services at the switchboard for Carolinas Medical Center. I really enjoyed my time there, working with my coworkers and helping the public find the locations they were looking for. Working as an operator we were the main resource, in many cases, to help people find their doctor offices and doctors by the doctors name, office name, or even by location. The hardest part of the job was not being able to find certain locations for the people who called. Sometimes our system was not updated with the new locations or addresses for the doctors but I was able to search for these places in google search which provided a solution for the problem sometimes.
Great chance to make a difference
Medical Equipment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 27, 2013
I got to do tech support on equipment that is instrumental to saving people's lives.