The Shelter for Abused Women & Children Employee Reviews

3.8Job Security & Advancement
Productive Workplace
Advocate (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLJune 1, 2017
The Shelter For Abused Women and Children is a wonderful place to gain experience in crisis management and the empowerment model. There is always something to learn.
Cons
Self care
Great organization but bad managment
Advocate (Former Employee) –  Naples, FLFebruary 6, 2017
Can't really express yourself without having consequences. The organization helps people with domestic violence. It has a lot of prevention programs that reach out to various part of the community. One being GADV which helps boys understand how to be a better man or grow up to be a real man.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Always have to watch what you say, management doesn't really care for the employees
great work place
Youth Development Advocate (Current Employee) –  Naples, FLDecember 19, 2016
Absolutely love my job and helping the children and families that the shelter serves every day. Co worker are friendly and we all get along.
making positive changes
Violence Prevention Specialist (Former Employee) –  Naples, FLDecember 1, 2015
I was over joyed with the postion I held with The Shelter for Abused Women and Children. Being able to teach violence prevention in my community was an honor. Although I wasn't teaching academics to the children, I was teaching something just as important and that was life skills.
Pros
everyday was a new adventure
Cons
Positive work environment with great staff
Volunteer and Resource Manager (Former Employee) –  Naples, FLAugust 31, 2015
Positive work place with hard working employees who truly care about the work they do. Management cares about the employees.
Great working environment
Prevention (GADV) Advocate/Counselor (Current Employee) –  Naples, FLDecember 11, 2013
I facilitate numerous support groups with children of all ages while their mother’s are attending support group meetings. I conduct one-on-one sessions with male participants living in the shelter and assist them with coping skills after being directly or indirectly exposed to domestic violence