The Shiseido Group Employee Reviews

great product
Business Manager (Former Employee) –  Aventura, FLApril 20, 2019
The Shiseido products are the driving force of the company.
Because you are so proud of the company you can easily stand behind them and feel good about selling to your clients.
Pros
perks
Cons
very high goals
A great place to work
Senior Manager Production (Former Employee) –  Monroe, NJApril 16, 2019
This was a great place to work. Just like any cosmetic industry, there are ups and down depending on the time of the week. However, benefits, people and manager were very helpful in every aspect.
Customer Rep/Factory Worker/Assembler (Current Employee) –  East Windsor, NJMarch 5, 2019
I think too much discrimination between the blacks and Spanish. It’s also a very neat environment. I just need to get a better job because of the distant.
Pros
Cosmetics
Cons
Long breaks
stressfull enviroment
Associate Manager Forecasting and Planning (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 22, 2019
No team structure->responsibilities were overlapped by different people causing confusion on tasks. Lack of clear direction.
No work/life balance-> stayed working extra -EXTRA- hours after business hours. There was no recognition whatsoever when putting your heart and soul into the project.
Very Conservative Business Culture
JDE and AS/400 Consultant (Former Employee) –  Oakland, NJFebruary 19, 2019
Traditional management and executive leadership leaves this giant beauty company behind the times, and outpaced by new innovative companies. Change and adaptability is lacking.
Productive, good enviroment and great team to work with.
Inbound Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Groveport, OHNovember 19, 2018
Very structured, very busy and yet fun.
Advanced my skills in supervising and managing others.
I enjoyed working with the management team!
A very diverse culture, it was great!
Terminating individuals with potentials that they don't see in themselves, there own lack of confidence.
Great people to work with!
Pros
Benefits, environment
Cons
Na
Average Place
Sales (Former Employee) –  Darien, CTNovember 7, 2018
Working for the professional skincare division of Shiseido was pretty average. The managers in charge didn't dedicate much time to the improvement of their field team. They spent most of their time in their office and often cancelled trips with reps.
Pros
Free skincare
Cons
Poor to average Manager
shiseido experience
Full Time Voice Picker (Former Employee) –  Groveport, OHOctober 20, 2018
friendly environment, continuous work, fast paced, appreciative management, overall i would recommend this place of work for a person in need of employment.
Quality Assurance
QA Lead (Former Employee) –  Groveport, OHOctober 1, 2018
Shiseido was a great company to work for. A lot of different cultures. They treated associates fairly. They had n 80/20 ratio of employees. Always has monthly meetings so all associates were aware of where the company stands in each department.
Pros
Good benefits
Was quite a while ago
Trainer and called a Account Cordinator (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MISeptember 26, 2018
Was almost 3 6 yrs ago. Love the company and learned so much which I have carried on into vending. I got married and turned to vending when I had a child for the hours to be able to be home and fel in love with it. I also owned 2 salons during vending and did both for quite a while. Love my job and in good health for my age and still keep my self together. I pull numbers. With lots of love for what I do.
best company i ever work
Shipping and Receiving (Former Employee) –  New JerseyJuly 25, 2018
It a good company the best company I work to bad I had to move to Florida and somebody tell me they move from Paterson NJ but if you see that company apply for it.
Same as stated below
Inventory Control Specialist (Former Employee) –  Groveport, OHJuly 23, 2018
I want something better.A job that I am looking forward to getting up in the morning. To be able to tell people how much I enjoy my job.that's what I would to happen
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
No air conditioning
Very Busy
Regulatory Affairs Specialist (Current Employee) –  East Windsor, NJJuly 16, 2018
Managing different brands with different groups , brings a lot of potential to learn new tools and techniques.
Great team work environment
Ability to learn FDA cosmetic regulation
SIS Training Executive (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 16, 2018
One of largest company with longest history in cosmetic brands. Provide a great opportunity to experience in different events and trainings to learn from others.
Growing company with a bright future
Accountant (Current Employee) –  New JerseyMay 14, 2018
Wonderful benefits package! Great people! Growing company is expanding and has a bright future. It feels great when we finish a project or filing!
Cut throat
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  East Windsor, NJMay 10, 2018
Very paranoid atmosphere, cut throat management. They talk about ethiics and professionalism but do not follow whet they preach. Will gang up and lie just to prove a point
Pros
salary
Cons
liars
nice company to work for
Account Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 7, 2018
The skincare is beautiful, and education is really great. Company as a whole needs to focus on advertising the brand. New skincare each year which is always exciting.
Was once a great culture in a great place to work.
Supervisor of Operations (Current Employee) –  Groveport, OHApril 6, 2018
This has been a great company to work for in the past but just recently is having struggles with defining their culture especially on the off shifts meaning second and third shifts. Management has lost Focus on what's important and that is to maintain a great working environment and culture so people are more likely to stay. Is that a lot of training and retaliation from off shift management.
Cons
Off shift management is horrible
Great company
Regional Makeup Artist and Skincare Specialist (Current Employee) –  Washington City, DCMarch 28, 2018
Employees are loyal for a reason. I do freelance work for years and they have always treated me well. Great company with wonderful products. They treat their employees well.
Introduction to supply chain management and operations
Licensed Fork Lift Operator/Dock employee (Former Employee) –  East Windsor, NJMarch 23, 2018
Environment made for one to excel or perform greater than average. Good insight on expectations from international managers. Culture is created to just get the job done. Management was fair and just. Employees mainly from an Agency.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Shiseido Group. Our community is ready to answer.