The Shiseido Group Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
best company i ever work
Shipping and Receiving (Former Employee) –  New JerseyJuly 25, 2018
It a good company the best company I work to bad I had to move to Florida and somebody tell me they move from Paterson NJ but if you see that company apply for it.
Same as stated below
Inventory Control Specialist (Former Employee) –  Groveport, OHJuly 23, 2018
I want something better.A job that I am looking forward to getting up in the morning. To be able to tell people how much I enjoy my job.that's what I would to happen
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
No air conditioning
Very Busy
Regulatory Affairs Specialist (Current Employee) –  East Windsor, NJJuly 16, 2018
Managing different brands with different groups , brings a lot of potential to learn new tools and techniques.
Great team work environment
Ability to learn FDA cosmetic regulation
SIS Training Executive (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 16, 2018
One of largest company with longest history in cosmetic brands. Provide a great opportunity to experience in different events and trainings to learn from others.
Growing company with a bright future
Accountant (Current Employee) –  New JerseyMay 14, 2018
Wonderful benefits package! Great people! Growing company is expanding and has a bright future. It feels great when we finish a project or filing!
Cut throat
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  East Windsor, NJMay 10, 2018
Very paranoid atmosphere, cut throat management. They talk about ethiics and professionalism but do not follow whet they preach. Will gang up and lie just to prove a point
Pros
salary
Cons
liars
nice company to work for
Account Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 7, 2018
The skincare is beautiful, and education is really great. Company as a whole needs to focus on advertising the brand. New skincare each year which is always exciting.
Was once a great culture in a great place to work.
Supervisor of Operations (Current Employee) –  Groveport, OHApril 6, 2018
This has been a great company to work for in the past but just recently is having struggles with defining their culture especially on the off shifts meaning second and third shifts. Management has lost Focus on what's important and that is to maintain a great working environment and culture so people are more likely to stay. Is that a lot of training and retaliation from off shift management.
Cons
Off shift management is horrible
Great company
Regional Makeup Artist and Skincare Specialist (Current Employee) –  Washington City, DCMarch 28, 2018
Employees are loyal for a reason. I do freelance work for years and they have always treated me well. Great company with wonderful products. They treat their employees well.
Introduction to supply chain management and operations
Licensed Fork Lift Operator/Dock employee (Former Employee) –  East Windsor, NJMarch 23, 2018
Environment made for one to excel or perform greater than average. Good insight on expectations from international managers. Culture is created to just get the job done. Management was fair and just. Employees mainly from an Agency.
Great employees
Temp. Contract (Former Employee) –  Rutherford, NJMarch 22, 2018
Most of the employees are great, however, management lack of people skills. A culture of top management only, employees opinions do not exist, very sad.
Pros
Close to my house
Cons
Lack of support from managements
NIce atmosphere. Room to Grow. Good Work/Life balance
Consultant - Retailer.com/Marketing (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 7, 2018
i liked working at Shiseido and would work there again. good work/life balance. offices were dated with flourescent lighting which gave me a headache - but people were decent, and work was interesting. there should be more of an onboarding process so that you feel more a part of a team.
benefits
Cons
no real gratis program, shoddy offices for a beauty company
Skills
Temp (Former Employee) –  East Windsor, NJFebruary 9, 2018
I was taught many skills while working at shiseido. From working on the floor, to taking calls, to trying to imporve productivity. It showed me how lots of small things can come together to make something big.
Great opportunity for the right person
Consulting Brand Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 30, 2018
Work began from 9PM-8PM for most of us in marketing. Short staffed team with a lot of work to do, but some of it was really enjoyable. A few too many meetings overall, but a great place to advance within the beauty world.
Pros
Dinner and uber home if staying past 8PM
Cons
No time for lunch, late hours, short staffed
The Shiseido Group gave me a chance to learned the payroll skills that I did not have at my previously companies. Thanks very much.
Payroll Coordinator (Temporary) (Former Employee) –  Rutherford, NJJanuary 25, 2018
I learned ADP and TALEO onboarding system within short training period and processed payroll job for multi-state and high volume of employees in a timely and an accurate manner at the Shiseido Group.
Working at Shiseido was great.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Oakland, NJJanuary 22, 2018
I enjoyed working for Shiseido. Most days were very busy so the days went by pretty quick.. There were a lot of perks working for Shiseido. They did give out a lot of free product and let you place orders up to $500.00 twice a year for free. We had around 12 paid holidays. Shiseido had very nice holiday parties every December for all their employees. The company also involved the employees in volunteering in and around the community.
Pros
Lots of free products
Cons
Nothing that I can think of at the moment
A fast paced work envierment
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Groveport, OHJanuary 13, 2018
Working the was a great experience. To be able to learn more about everything involved with warehouse maintaince peaked my interest in the work field.
Sheseido Cosmetics is actually one of the best makeup and skin care lines I've worked for in being a part of the Beauty Industry.
Cashier/ Beauty consultant (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJanuary 10, 2018
The work day at Sheseido Cosmetics was stocking products, setting up the counter for presentation to the customers, selling of products nd promotions.
Pros
Pros being responsible to a leading and rare Cosmetic Brand.
Cons
Trying to build on the site relationships with customers, the demand of requests and often experiencing the hardness of being the lead.
Great Company - but high turn over
Buyer / Planner (Former Employee) –  New JerseyJanuary 10, 2018
Great company to work for but they are becoming larger. As they purchase other companies to expand their brand, the attention to detail is becoming harder to manage.
Pros
Samples of products and discounts
Cons
high turn over
Very good company to work except my last manager
Area Sales Manager North and South America (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 5, 2018
I was feeling perfect in this company and managed to including get a manager training at the headquarter in Japan but a new manager came and replace most of the employees for his friends... so disappointed, but I took this opportunity to stop travelling so much and spend more time with my daughters and begin a new activity of Real estate at the best time to do so...
Pros
good benefits
Cons
awful manager