The Simple Greek Employee Reviews

Terrible place horrible management
Prep/greeter (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLJuly 28, 2019
The general manager is a terrible person loves to gossip and talk about everyone including the ower and his parents they say you get a raise after 30 days which is a lie 9 an hour is not enough for what they expect you to do
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Norwalk, CTJune 24, 2019
I am very fond of working at the simple Greek however my only concern is my hours i dont often get that many but thats probably just started not even a month ago
Busy, friendly coworkers, decent pay, awful hours.
Prep Cook/Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Hermitage, PAJune 17, 2019
The management could be pretty poor at times. There was always either a lack of employees which would cause a hard time during rushes and closing, or too many making it hard to work more than twice a week.
Pros
Free food, half decent hours, lenient break system
Cons
terrible management
It’s a great place to work at
Shift Leader (Current Employee) –  Boardman, OHJune 6, 2019
I love working at the Simple Greek. However, there isn’t a lot of room to grow or advance in the company. They don’t offer any benefits or compensation. I have loved working here for the past two years and I would definitely recommend working here to anyone. The owners treat everyone like family and they really care about their employees.
Pros
You get 50% off on whatever food you buy there
Cons
No healthcare or any benefits
Working with the public
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Cranston, RIMay 2, 2019
Got to deal with the public and handle each different situations as they come.It a fast pace work environment with a nice crew and manager.I deal with mostly night and do alot of closing and will fill in on my days off
Pros
Awsome crew
Cons
Not steady hours
great place to work
shift leader (Current Employee) –  Munster, INJanuary 11, 2019
I would work early mornings, go in to prep. Then the rest of the day I would help on the line and attend to guests. Fun place to work. I would also count drawers, do inventory, and put orders away. we stock, clean, and set the next shift up for success. Management is great, helps us when we need it, and very motivational. We are a big family there, everyone gets along. I learned how to prep, using tools, and knives.
Pros
discounts on meals
Cons
sometimes not given a break
Insufficient Hours
Floater/Dishwasher/Fryer (Current Employee) –  Chesapeake, VADecember 29, 2018
At first the job was fun. After awhile the managers had to do major hour cuts to the point I would go WEEKS, almost a month without working despite asking for more hours.
Pros
Discount on food, nice co-workers
Cons
hour cuts, inexperienced managers
The workplace was amazing
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Hermitage, PANovember 6, 2018
The people there are great and you can become friends very fast. They are very loving and understanding. The managers are very friendly and helpful towards you for anything.
poor management
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 3, 2018
a new company and no one knows what they are doing at the top .
with in 2 years that business wont exist.this is the worst ran company I ever worked for
Pros
good food
Cons
no help, no life
Was a good job
Manager (Current Employee) –  Oviedo, FLAugust 26, 2018
It was fun but had some difficulties with other employees being lazy, other than that, everything else was fine. The pay was good for a college student.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Upper management, employees
Working here is reccommended
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CTAugust 16, 2018
The simple Greek was a great environment to work on a daily basis the management took care of their employees like family. we would serve food out of a buffet style i loved it!
Pros
fast paced
Cons
can be stressful at times
Fast-Paced & Fun
TEAM MEMBER (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLAugust 11, 2018
Besides the management that was constantly changing, it was a fun job with fun people and I enjoyed my time there. There was only 1 or 2 managers there out of the countless number of managers that we went through there who actually knew what they were doing.
Pros
Free lunch on double, cool people
Cons
cut hours for entire staff
Fun working environment, needs better management
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Highland Park, ILAugust 8, 2018
Working for The Simple Greek was a lot of fun. I had a lot of room to do my own thing. Originally, I was hired on to be a shift supervisor/key holder, but then about 2 or 3 months into the position, they told me that there was no need for this position for anyone that wasn't a cook. They demoted me and took $2 from my hourly pay, but I still had to come in at the same time every morning, and do the same job with the same responsibilities as before; I just didn't have a key to open the store. This is my only complaint. The food is fantastic. The people that work there are very upbeat and friendly. The space itself is clean and fresh looking.
Pros
Discounted food, nice staff, great work environment
Cons
no benefits, little communication between staff and bosses, constant drastic work changes
Wouldn't recommend
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Munster, INJuly 14, 2018
This company is not organized at all, and if you are let go, you don't receive a voicemail or email. Will be surprised if they last a year because of how slow they are.
Poor Executive Management
Manager (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZApril 20, 2018
Don’t do it! Don’t get sucked in. They are barely making it and I wouldn’t be surprised if they closed this location again for only doing $4k a week. No support from corporate. This brand won’t last if they keep the people in position that they have now. Unsuccessful at branding their name. Poor company culture! Training team is a joke!
Pros
Good food
Cons
Poor Execution of company standards
productive and competitive
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Dresher, PAApril 13, 2018
Wasnt the best job ive had, they could do so much better with salary and benefits. They need to observe how productive employees are through the shift
Pros
50% off on meals
Cons
Bad Pay
It sucked
Associate (Former Employee) –  East Providence, RIJanuary 24, 2018
managers don't know what they are doing, and the owners don't know what the managers are doing. I did not like my time there and everyone talks behind your back.
Poor Leadership
Corporate Manager/Regional Manager (Active) (Current Employee) –  Dresher, PADecember 21, 2017
The main issues with The Simple Greek starts with the leadership and lack of communication. The leaders in position of the company do not take accountability and take action when needed. It is this reason that I believe the success of the company will be short lived.
Pros
Great Tasting food and good staff
Cons
Poor Management
nice relaxing place to work
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZSeptember 12, 2017
I like my boss and coworkers. I learned a lot of new things and leaned new food that I have never eat before so I love greek food now but I will always remember what I learned.
I thought it was... meh.
Cook/ Cashier (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PA 15222March 7, 2017
The environment was inviting, but the hours were not available, the scheduling was too short notice (the Sunday before each week, most of the time over text.) Pay was standard for restaurant work in the area, but I didn't feel fulfilled.