The Situs Companies Employee Reviews

I love it here.
NAV (Current Employee) –  Robbins, NCDecember 21, 2017
I think it's a great company to work for, and I wouldn't want to work anywhere else. There is a great work/life balance...and although we work hard, we are also rewarded! The culture is amazing.
Pros
Monthly breakfast, Monthly Birthday Cake, Social Events, Great Management Team!
Good
Payroll Specialist (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 17, 2017
It's busy here, things change relatively often. The work, life balance for me is good. Payroll weeks are long, but the other week is lighter - that's the way payroll goes!
Company and Management needs to be trained
Asset Administrator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 1, 2017
I worked there for 22 months and every day was so stressful. You never knew when you will be walked out of the office. Come back from lunch and you do not have a job. No increment, no appreciation, no bonus.
Pros
No pros
Cons
So many to list
Stay Away
Temporary Employee (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 27, 2016
Demanding work atmosphere. Creative thinkers..stay away, you will not be understood or appreciated at Situs.
Mostly unfriendly environment with poor management. If you read a good review on glassdoor it's fake.
High turnover for good reason.
Pros
Free snacks in office. Not cheap with hardware for employees. Good IT department.
Cons
Management, and stifling unfriendly environment
Good place to learn if you are willing to do so at low pay, lack of advancement opportunities, and being micromanaged
Analyst II (Current Employee) –  Robbins, NCAugust 8, 2016
I learned a lot about the commercial real estate business while working here. Some managers trust their employees to do what they were hired to do with little supervision while others feel they need to constantly hover over your shoulder. There are managers who are allowed to bully their team members and talk to them as if they are not competent enough to perform their daily tasks. Workload is not evenly distributed and people are often asked to complete tasks without the proper training and are subsequently punished for not being able to do so. This is not a pleasant work environment and I would not recommend the company to anyone looking for a long term career with room for growth into management positions.
Pros
Excellent benefit package with 20 days of PTO in the first year
Cons
Limited vision and dental coverage that is not accepted by all doctors, health insurance is not as good since changing to BCBS of Texas, PTO approval is sometimes hard to get, expected to work overtime on a regular basis with minimal pay
Great Workspace
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 21, 2016
Everyday everyone came to work and everyone worked together. Everyone had their own clients and worked together. Some took long hours and but was quite enjoyable.
Growing company with opportunities for advancement
Director (Current Employee) –  IowaJanuary 19, 2016
I work for Situs RERC, and it has been a great experience for advancing my career and having a challenging work environment on a daily basis. The culture at the company is one of the best parts about my job, it feels like a small company but is part of a larger organization which provides better benefits.
Gained Tremendous Experience at the Expense of My Personal Life
Vice President (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 8, 2014
In my many years at Situs, I learned a great amount regarding the real estate industry and its various products, environments, and financing. You had to continually ask for what you deserved with respect to compensation, almost threatening to quit sometimes. Management is lack luster at best.
Low pay
Analyst (Current Employee) –  HoustonMay 3, 2014
They will start you off well below market. Nice co workers but expect long hours and a unrealistic expectations from management. Hard work is not rewarded resulting in high turnover.
N/a
Associate (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 26, 2014
Good people, improving corporate culture, and deals with leading financial institutions as a contractor; however, you will not get front line exposure to those firms as you are behind a 3rd party provider of those services.
Strong Environment to Gain CRE Knowledge and Experience
- (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 22, 2014
Situs is a consulting firm that provides a variety of commercial real estate services including staffing the underwriting platforms for CMBS lenders.
Pros
Volume and Exposure to CRE
Benefits
HIgh turnover and constant departmental changes
Former Analyst (Former Employee) –  Robbins, NCDecember 18, 2013
The only thing for sure at this place of business is that tomorrow you may or may not have a job. They would transfer you around on a whim. Their bar was raised weekly. Constant layoffs. I was told regularly that the reason for the location in Robbins was so they could pay really low wages. That was a real incentive booster. Lots of favoritism. As long as you are a company cheerleader, you can sit in your cubicle and play Candy Crush all day without getting any real work done.
The company sponsored lots of "fun" office activities during work hours which were great, but employees were pressured to participate even if you had a heavy workload. It was stressful. Most employees were surprisingly unfriendly for such a small town, especially management. I guess they know people won't be there long enough to get to know.....
Pros
Decent benefits
Cons
All the rest
Fun environment
Associate, Real Estate Consulting (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 16, 2013
Great place to learn all there is to know about real estate. There is significant autonomy as well as support to help form a strong base of real estate knowledge.
Needs improvement
Client Relations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 22, 2013
A typical day was handling issue of commericial real estate clients. Situs had a serious complaint from their clients. The clients were not getting their problems handled. My responsibility was to contact client and get the problems handled. At first the clients were very upset about not receiving resolution to their accounts. So being insulted/cursed out was a daily part of the job for a little while. Once I handle their account most of the time I received an apology and thank you. Working with my co-workers was a joy. We worked as a team to help each other with the handling of the accounts when we had no idea how to begin to handle. My whole team was new including my manager who was employed after me. The hardest part of the job was waiting on other departments to do their part in resolving the problem such as escrow issues. The enjoyable part of the job was being productive and alleviating the many problems, getting a smooth flow of business.
Pros
Enjoyed the environment and having a nice size cubicle to do the work.
Cons
The attitudes of some of the departments.
Poor business culture with focus on profitability and high productivity
MULTIMEDIA DESIGN MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 19, 2013
Company sets unrealistic goals and expectations combine with poor compensation for performance. High turnover rate yields to poor culture environment.
Pros
Having a Job
Cons
high stress, low reward