The Sliding Door Company - Space Plus Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Allows me to use my skills and help people achieve their goals
Administration Officer (Current Employee) –  Chatsworth, CAJuly 23, 2018
Constant opportunity to grow, develop and help others do the same. The Sliding Door Company has been a great place to work over the past 12 years and we are continually growing and building improvements into our protocols, systems, products and client experiences.
Pros
Benefits, Amazing product line, People who listen
Do Not Quit Your Current Job for this B.S.
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 13, 2018
The offered salary (base+commissions) is an over exaggeration. Do not leave your current job. We all felt deceived 4-6 months in. Certain urban cities do fairly well in sales at peak times.

After training, you will find there is no showroom support from Corporate. They pass the buck on client issues, The warehouse routinely fails to ship product and/or parts for installs. Ruins your reputation as a design trade professional acting on this company's behalf.

Plus side, clean trendy showrooms with great displays of product varieties. You will work in some pretty cool cities. Maybe get lucky to have a nice team to work with.
Pros
Product, training, showroom
Cons
Cameras, Locations, Salary, Commission, Benefits, Warehous
Awesome Company - great benefits and work life balance!
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  The Sliding Door Co. Inc.July 5, 2018
The Sliding Door Company is a family which values its employees. Highly motivated team culture with exceptional professionals at every level! The management team cares and allows you to grow both professionally and personally while expecting your best. Continuous training and always looking to do things better. Your input is valuable and always welcomed.

I enjoy coming to work every day. The people are exceptional. It's a challenging, collaborative, and fun environment. The work-life balance is as good as it gets.

The company's 13 year history and outlook is incredible.
Company is failing on ALL levels
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Chatsworth, CAJune 28, 2018
In the past year this company has gone thru a massive make over. Long term employees are either looking to leave or left like director of operations-gone (the people in place are NOT equipped to tackle this), sales reps are fired seems every week (not sure if I have job security since I'm "older"), BIG egos, and incompetent HR dept is ruining this place. No money for raises because the company isn't do well financially told to me from upper management. I'm looking to leave and my advice is heed my warning and look elsewhere. Not sure if this company will be around much longer and that is really sad since this place used to have life running through this building.
Benefits
Cons
Everything but benefits
Great place
Account Executive- Residential and Small Business (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 18, 2018
What an amazing place to work for, I've loved every moment from day one helping people. Love the environment. Management is amazing all the wonderful offerings and support.
Pros
lunch
Cons
days off
Lead Installer (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CAFebruary 25, 2018
Working at the Sliding Door Company has shown me a serious lack of organization and management. We are one warehouse out of 5 and are severely understaffed and over worked. Currently our supervisor and lead technician where let go as well as a handful of people throughout the company. This has been due to constant lack of organization on a scale I don't think was precedent by my employer.
Slow
ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMay 23, 2017
A typical day was so slow that I spent a lot of time reading. I have always been someone that can find something to do, but not here. The benefits are amazing, but I needed more to do in a day.
Productive workplace with supportive staff.
Operations (Former Employee) –  Chatsworth, CADecember 6, 2016
The environment is productive and competitive due to the company being driven by sales. The employees are friendly and supportive. Management individually mentors staff through transparency and provides feedback to be able to foster a cohesion with the varying strong individuals within the organization.
Pros
Discount on products, benefits, bonuses, yearly raises
Cons
Fast pase and awesome enviroment to work in
Operations Scheduling (Current Employee) –  Chatsworth, CAOctober 3, 2015
Fun place to work. I absolutely love my job. Having a team located about 400 miles a way is like having them next to me. Scheduling them in their area of Northern California was a challenge that I have overcome real quick. It's like being their. We have a great team goal mentality "Get It Done Right". The minute I clock in it's non stop. Every day is a different one. Some challenges that always make me improve and grow. Having the support internally is a plus. Being with this company 3 years and I have seen it grow. This company is only 10 years and will be around for many more. Has over 10 satellite showrooms and I handled the busiest. I truly enjoy it daily.
Pros
monthly birthday celebrations with this company was a first for me.
Cons
driving 60 miles to and from work is becoming a concern!
Nice
Warehouse Coordinator/ Inventory Controller (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 20, 2015
nice working place with great people, learned a lot of information while working here, co workers are good people,hardest thing is to keep the higher up people happy, family work type of environment
Unprofessional management
Account Exective (Former Employee) –  S. CaliforniaDecember 9, 2014
"I only like to hire divorced women because they have something to work for."- direct quote from my manager.

Horrible and unprofessional management, very high turnover. Poor pay and work life balance.

Product is very expensive, but poorly manufactured. Glass would often arrive defective or stained.
Productive fun work environment
IT Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chatsworth, CANovember 10, 2013
Troubleshooting and repairing computer systems at any company is my passion. Everyday was a new day filled with new issues that had to be resolved. I give it all I got at any given time when it comes to work.
Pros
Short paid breaks.
Cons
Healthcare was expensive.
Good company & professional co-workers
Administrative/ Accounting/ Sales Support (Former Employee) –  Van Nuys, CAJune 5, 2013
Process invoices/ sales orders and requisitions for goods/ services accurately and effectively. Verify that transactions comply with financial policies and procedures. Prepare, verify, and process invoices and sales orders; data enter invoices for payment.
Organized, prepared all paperwork, and coordinate all shipment and packages.
Manage the weekly checks run. Record all checks. Maintain vendor and customers files. Deposit cash to the bank account.
Process all major credit cards, checks, and letter of credit, COD, and wire transfer payments. Generate, print, and distribute weekly/ monthly financial reports.
Monitor incoming disputes between cardholder and merchants. Identify current dispute and possible fraud trends through research analysis.
Facilitate responses to associations and member banks for managing high-risk merchants. Assist representatives with accounts that require further investigation. Maintain catalog of communications, correspondence, and letters.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Sliding Door Company - Space Plus. Our community is ready to answer.

The Sliding Door Company - Space Plus Reviews by Location