The Spine Institute Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Good doctors
Surgical Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Destin, FLJuly 29, 2017
The doctors that work there are wonderful providers and the staff has a great team player attitude. Meeting new patients all the time and dealing and learning new ordeals everyday.
Cons
poor management
tt
Administrative Assistant/Records Custodian (Former Employee) –  Miramar Beach, FLJuly 13, 2017
A typical day started at 7:00 am and ended at 4:00 pm. Received request for medical records from various Attorney's offices. Sent out bills requesting payment before the records could be sent. Interacted with Worker Compensation companies for either records or they requested appointments. Did deposits for all checks that had been received from various companies that had requested records.
Pros
Lunch provided at least once a week
Cons
No healthcare to really speak of.
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Destin, FLJune 21, 2016
The Spine Institute is a made up of a team of employees who strive to work together to satisfy our patients needs. My co-workers are motivated and will lend a hand when asked. The hardest part of the job is working in such a fast paced environment where some days there is not time to stop and take a breath. The most enjoyable part is when the patients improve and their daily lives are improved by the treatment we have provided.
Pros
great team, lots of patient interaction
Cons
some long hours and unhappy patients
Great organization and a wonderful team of coworkers.
Billing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Destin, FLMay 16, 2016
Resolve outstanding AR accounts by either calling insurance companies or via the internet in the insurance portals.

Answer call from insurance companies, referring providers and patients.
Discuss delinquent balances including setting up patient payment plans with patient.

Appeal denials or underpaid claims.

Preform detailed follow-up activities on assigned accounts according to insurance companies.

Validates accuracy of payments and/or adjustments on accounts.
Pros
Great coworkers
Cons
Lack of Benefits and lengthy drive from FWB, Fl.
Where I self taught myself to Credential and work Disability cases
Disability & Credentialing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYAugust 13, 2012
My days were very full between Credentialing for 2 practices and about 15 physicians and fellows
I learned how to credential and do disability cases on my own and am very proud of myself for that because it was the hardest job I've ever done in my life.
The mgmt was ok, they just kept as much to themselves as possible.
I enjoyed working with all of my coworkers, they were dependable and we were all there to help each other.
The hardest part was teaching myself Credentialing as I'd never heard of it before and working hard for the patients on disability, which was more than half of our patients. The practice was for spine problems.
The best part was patients I became very close to with their disabilities and the extent of my work for them.
Pros
working with wonderful patients and all the free (elaborate) lunches and all the docs i worked for
Cons
pay was not very good even after becoming good at what i was doing.