The St. James

The St. James Employee Reviews

You’re seeing reviews close to Ashburn, VA based on your current location
Not your desired location?
Choose a different one
Ashburn, VA11 reviews
In the beginning this institution was more organized then as of now Feb 2020. The management is unstable, environment unfriendly and can become toxic. The employees are what make the bond to stay. This place needs work, for loyalty and dedication is not enough to see advancement here. Can be very unprofessional.
The St. James is one of the most unique companies I have worked for, with one of the highest growth opportunities. This is place with a friendly environment and positive development from all of the leadership team.
To say that I've grown professionally, in the short time I've been working here, is a vast understatement. It's rewarding to be a part of the building/growth stage of a company. I've been offered opportunities, that I've only dreamed of in the past, within the short six months I've been here. For individuals who are driven and hungry for success, you will thrive in the culture The St James has to offer. I look forward to the promising future the company has in store!
Courted at the St.James is a beautiful facility but aside from the beauty it leaves much to be desired for the price of massage $175 per hour you'd think they would take better care of their Therapist but no such luck so on top of a slow to non existent work schedule you get and astonishing 8.50 per hour an amount not even an high schooler could survive on, but that's just the tip of the iceberg.
The St. James does have some Growing to do because it is a start and communication is one of those areas. But other than that everybody there is usually in good spirits and friendly. The work atmosphere is relaxing and great to be around. Those that are willing to work hard enjoy it and those that just want a job will not. Simple as that
Share your experience
Let job seekers know what it's like to work at your company.
the worst job I've ever had a bunch of idiots running a HealthPlex for the first time no common sense poor management skills no HR department don't expect paid days off stay away from here
Poorly-run
Pros
Cons
no paid time off
It could be such a great place to work honestly. It reminds me of being in high school with gossip and management is all over the place. It is a new operation so I give it the benefit of the doubt. I would not depend on The St James for job security. Even the HR department has its problems.
Facility is beautiful. Nothing but great things to say about that location. It grows day by day. Facility is massive, and it is sight to see everyday for all employees.
The worst sport complex to work at. Staff doesn’t inform employees about the big events that are happening throughout the complex. The Co- workers will sell each other out to advance higher. Most employees are terrible to talk too, and the management is terrible. The free gym membership is not worth the stress and unpreparedness this complex offers.
A typical day working at the St. James (Vim & Victor in particular) means running around doing half thought out requests on behalf of the management, and then getting yelled at for doing the job "wrong". I would rate management a zero if i could. The most consistent aspects of working at this location are: 1) the oppressive work environment, and 2) the revolving door of managers. Pay-rate is 100% not worth the stress you have to endure.
The St. James is a very new, yet profitable company that is going to have a huge impact in the Greater Washington Area. The founders are from the area and have big plans for the complex. Being that it is new, it is a hustle and things don't always go as planned but interacting with clients is rewarding.
Pros
Good Compensation
Cons
Not for everyone, possible long hours, not open yet