The Stepping Stones Group

The Stepping Stones Group Employee Reviews

United States176 reviews

Featured review

The Stepping Stones Group selected this as a representative review
The Stepping Stones Group is a great company to work for. My clinical manager is very supportive and helpful. The company also provides free CEUs for therapists.

February 21, 2020
Thank you for your kind words. We value your feedback and are glad to hear that you feel supported and are utilizing our Professional Development Platform for free CEUs. Thank you for choosing The Stepping Stones Group, we are glad you are part of our team!

Very team oriented.All about helping children prosper in, school, and life period.

There really isn't a bad part to it, Everyone is a family and team player. We want the best for ALL of our students. Children are essential, and so is their mental and physical wellbeing, including their individuality.

Pros

You get off early enough to take care of other business or appointments, Summers off, most importantly, making the students feel important and loved, Room for advancement.

Cons

Pay is descant, but can be a little higher, insurance benefits for family kin of high, It's hard to get anyone on the phone when needed.

The Stepping Stones Group insights

What people like
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Clear sense of purpose

The decent company, with no maternity benefits

It's a good company to work for, but overall it's not a great place to be long-term or advance. If you are planning on starting a family, look elsewhere since there is NO paid maternity leave. You can spread your pay so you are not left without a paycheck over the summer or breaks, they leave it up to you.

Good work, low pay

Even though you're describing tough situations, be sure to emphasize that even the most difficult circumstances can be overcome with hard work. Point out how other employees have succeeded, despite potential setbacks.

No room to grow, and stagnate rates.

Essentially just a middleman who gets a cut of my pay. They are nice in the interview and act like they will do what they can for you, but ultimately you work for the district and don't get much in the way of assistance from stepping stones. The pay is incredibly low, the benefits are average, and getting assistance with them is beyond impossible. Things have also gone downhill since acquiring EBS.

Don’t expect much

This company is disorganized in management. There is really no guidance, no formal trainings or opportunity to grow. There is also no point of contact. Emails and point of contacts always changing. Calls to HR or payroll are almost never returned. No check ins with employees unless the agency needs something. Pay is better than the school district; however, we do no get paid for holidays or days off in the school calendar. No pay during school breaks, winter, spring or summer. Sometimes this can be up to two to three weeks with no pay. Timecards are a pain, we need to turn in a digital and paper time card. If you miss entering your time card online, then you don’t get paid until the next pay period. This role (para) also has a caregiving aspect, with toileting, that I’m not too much of a fan of. Also making sure students with severe physical diagnosis are safe from falling or other types of harm. I believe these responsibilities should entitle paraprofessionals to a higher pay rate.

Pros

Flexibility, off same time as students, connections

Cons

Pay, responsibilities, disorganization

Excellent Company!

I have been working as an SLPA with Stepping Stones for 4 years now and I LOVE it! My supervisor and manager are amazing! There is not one bad thing I can say about this company. The pay is good and the flexibility is awesome!

May 13, 2022
Thank you for your amazing feedback! We’re thrilled to know that you feel supported by your supervisor and manager. We strive to provide a positive work environment where all our employees can thrive and we’re happy to have you on our team!

Open Communication

This company has very good communication between staff and employees. I loved working for the company and would go back if the opportunity presented.

May 13, 2022
Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience working with us! We’re glad to hear about our efficient company communication with staff and employees and that you enjoyed working with us! Keep an eye on our job openings page on the SSG website - thesteppingstonesgroup.com and we hope we can work together again.

Good company

Good company to work for. Supportive staff, independent work, and they would always check on their employees. Pay was reasonable and benefited were good.

May 13, 2022
Thank you for taking the time to share such an encouraging review! We’re happy to hear that you feel supported by the staff members, and appreciate your positive feedback on our compensation package, company benefits, and flexible work schedules. We aim to provide a work environment where all our employees feel supported. We are thrilled to have you as part of our team!

It’s a great process being able to put in your work hours on a computer. The process was fast and easy.

SSG is a great company to work for with opportunities for training for advancement. The recruiter’s walk you through step by step to get you started with your employment.

April 7, 2022
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and valuable feedback with us. We are thankful you are part of our team and feel supported in your role!

Great work place

I enjoy working with ssg hopefully they’ll be room for growth I believe if hr communicate more it will be better also some type of appreciation reward dinner something of the sort for employees would be nice events for all ssg employees to meet one another more togetherness is my only complaint or lack thereof

April 7, 2022
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We are always looking for ways to improve company communication and show our appreciation for our employees. Thank you for being part of our team!

Not Bad At All

My review is simple. I have been with this company a year now after leaving a different company that I was with for 9 years. I am satisfied with the level of support and pay that I receive. I even get to accrue sick leave despite having contractor status and I appreciate that when I had an issue on my contract, they went so far as to HIRE an additional person to fulfill a role to provide a solution for me and that was awesome.

April 7, 2022
Thank you for taking the time to leave your review. We strive to offer a total compensation package tailored to fit the individual needs of our employees and are happy to hear you felt supported. Thank you for being part of our team!

Good company to work for over all career manager was nice.

The bad was HR not getting back in contact with me when I had a question. Management sometimes not following up with me nobody to help me with work online a cliche in computer system.

Pros

Pay well.

Cons

Never had a opportunity to meet anyone from stepping Stones company is in anaheim

April 7, 2022
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We are always looking for ways to improve company communication and value your feedback. If you have additional feedback or any questions or concerns, please call Human Resources at 866-600-7598.

HR department is helpful, but compensation is low

They do not give raises to CFs once you get your CCCs as an SLP. Yes, you get a wellness stipend and CE reimbursement, but even with that the wages are low.

April 7, 2022
Thank you for taking the time to leave your review. We strive to offer a total compensation package tailored to fit the individual needs of our employees. If you’d like to discuss your concerns further, please call Human Resources at 866-600-7598.

You will always have a job

The recruiters at The Stepping Stones Group will work hard to land you a job. Easy and quick interview process. Once you land the job (and you will land a job) you likely won't hear much from your recruiter again, and will have to advocate for support.

Pros

Heath insurance, reimbursement for dues, professional development, and health services

Cons

no company matching in 401k, limited PTO, poor mentorship outside of CF year

April 7, 2022
Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. We are always looking for ways to improve and strive to offer a robust support system to our employees. We are sorry to hear you did not feel supported outside of your CF year. We would like to learn more about your experience, please reach out to Human Resources at 866-600-7598 to discuss further.

There is a lot of autonomy, which can be good. The structure of the company needs work.

The BCBA is overworked as she supervises close to 50 employees. Supervision is virtual and there is no direct information about your caseload. You have to look to the school site. Management wants you to go through them for every little thing.

April 7, 2022
Thank you for taking the time to leave your review. We strive to create an environment where all of our employees feel supported and offer transparency within our placements. If you have additional feedback or any questions or concerns, please call Human Resources at 866-600-7598.

The management is supportive but your experience really depends on where you are placed

Through SSG I was placed at a great elementary school. I don’t have too much contact with the management but the staff I work with on a daily basis are supportive. I wish the pay was higher as I have a high caseload and lots of paperwork to complete. Not getting paid for breaks and holidays is starting to negatively affect me now that I have 2 little ones to support but it was not a big deal beforehand.

February 25, 2022
Thank you for providing us with your valuable feedback. We aim to offer a total compensation package tailored to fit the needs of our employees. We are glad to hear you felt supported by management and are happy to discuss any additional feedback or concerns at 866-600-7598.

Good pay, lacking in support and training

Good pay at the company. They can be disorganized and I did feel a lack of support. I enjoy working with the coworkers that I have and with the client population.

February 25, 2022
Thank you for taking the time to leave your review. We strive to create an environment where all of our employees feel supported. If you have additional feedback or any questions or concerns, please call Human Resources at 866-600-7598.

They have you always in chrck

It’s a really great company, I just wish it pays more because of the job we encounter. We encounter many hard clients and sometimes we feel underpaid.

February 25, 2022
Thank you for taking the time to leave us your review. We aim to offer a total compensation package tailored to fit the needs of our employees. We understand specific roles may be more challenging and we strive to provide top-notch support to our employees. Please contact us with any additional feedback or concerns at 866-600-7598.

Run away

This place stated WOULd get a raise after 1 month and a sign on bonus . did not receive neither one. You constantly get screamed at by patients. They change the rules and policies had to sign handbook 3x in a 6 month period..the dont pay you for lunch breaks and you have no breaks..you have to eat while working or you will never get finished working..phones ring off the hook

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

No real lunch breaks ..no sign on bonus no raises..dysfunctional high turnover

February 25, 2022
Thank you for taking the time to leave your review. We strive to create an environment where all of our employees feel supported and we are sorry to hear that has not been your experience with us. We are always looking for ways to improve so appreciate your feedback. If you have additional feedback or any questions or concerns, please call Human Resources at 866-600-7598.

Great company to work, very fair and approachable.

I have worked for SSG for 3 years, in both virtual and face to face. I have always enjoyed the flexibility, I also feel that this company really cares about us as employees.

February 25, 2022
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and valuable feedback with us. We are thankful you are part of our team!

Common questions about The Stepping Stones Group

Answered by current and former employees at The Stepping Stones Group

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Stepping Stones Group. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.8 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

4.4
InHerSight Score
4.1Personal Development
5.0Career Opportunities
3.9Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight