The Stow Company

Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Overall satisfaction

growing company with good compensation

Growing company with lots of room for advancement. Flexible shifts and good benefits. the only concern seems to be a higher than normmal turnover in production.

Pros

weekend lunches

Cons

too few holidays

4 10s or 3 12s, bad managment and high turnover

Great work-life balance, plenty of time off. The ultipro app they use to pay and schedule time off is a mess, and it doesn't show when hours are changed in the system, so be sure to snap a photo of your clock times, because if they find out you stay over even a little they will change your time card to reflect a cookie cutter schedule. Then you have to argue over whether or not they have to pay you for hours worked. Requesting days off is a joke, the company doesn't update your time off until the following pay schedule so it virtually impossible to have an adequate count of how many hrs you have to use. The work is dirty and the ventilation and airflow is poor, they pay workers coming off the street on average of $8,000 to $10,000 more than a worker who's been there for years. They never advance you to a position its always someone off the street, they'd prefer to aquire a new body to fill a position rather than promote internally. The management is confrontational and often out of the loop, not knowing what the tasks of the people they're paid to supervise. Production is emphasized over quality, and the amount of rework they do is often more than the daily workload the have scheduled. Aside from how screwed up production is upper management seems to compromise with the production crew, as long as everyone speaks their mind.

Pros

Work Culture, free drinks, schedule

Cons

Pay, advancement opportunity, management, high turnover.

It's fine

Don't expect much from this place and you'll be fine. It's an ok place to put in some time and make a little money before moving on somewhere else that allows more advancement.

Pros

It's a job

Cons

Average pay, pretty stingy benefits

Pay is good but that's about all there is to say.

You'll never feel as a part of team at Stow. There are certain groups that are already established and you'll never be of worth to them no matter how hard you work. They don't follow their values that they preach, upper management has no idea how floor even operates. Plant manager doesn't have a clue. People stay here for the money but nothing else.

Growing Fast

Fast growing company with plenty of growing pains. Relaxed office environment depending on your department. Poor communication between plant and office but recent growth has played into that. CEO is very confident and can rub people the wrong way, but you cant argue with his results.

Pros

Casual office, nice facilities, vacation time policy

Cons

Poor communication, office policies vary by department

Would you rate your company five stars?

Rate your employer to help people make better career decisions.

Overall a pretty good company.

I really have nothing bad to say about this company. The vice president of Stow actually remembers your name and takes the time to say hello and ask how you're doing every single day.

Pros

Free vitaleez pizza every time you have to work a Saturday

Cons

No cons

Good business.

Decent place to work, maintenance is usually fast at coming to see what's wrong, and fixing the problem. I feel higher ups (not all) play favorites. I was a huge fan of the coworkers. Very nice HR staff.

Pros

Free drinks, nice cafeteria.

Cons

Favoritism.

Great people and Good management

Working here I always felt welcomed. They always worked with me no matter what to make sure my needs were met as long as I worked hard for them. My manager was very understanding and looked to help everyone around him succeed.

Pros

Leniency. Job is easy. Good people

Cons

Wages could be better. Not a lot of incentive for employees

Poor management

The leadership team has an ignorance and arrogance and look down on the work force. They are extremely out of touch with the work force and are usually unwilling to listen to improvement ideas or make changes that make it easier on the floor workers. CEO has publicly shamed employees in quarterly meetings. Going to HR just puts a target on your back.

Pros

You can get away with a lot because management doesn't understand their departments

Cons

A lot of mandatory overtime, you're just a number

For most part, I love it!

I enjoy coming to work everyday. I have been shown appreciation for my dedication to detail and efficiency. The only real problem I see is there is often a lack of communication.

Jobs at The Stow Company

See more jobs

Good Company

The work is not hard they have good people that help train you in different area your assign to everyone is friendly. The management staff is great they all give out good information on the company an are very friendly..

Pros

Just do your work an go home

Cons

Don't get caught in drama at work

Would not suggest working there

Trust me, find another job. There is tremendous pressure throughout the company to do more and produce more. A saw can only cut so fast. Its about business at this company, not employee satisfaction.

Hardest Part

The only problem working here was having to get all loads of product and being able to ship it out on time and be able to leave on time. But with the team I had we were always able to get through it.

Need better structure

The company has solid steady work, we work 6 days a week, the coordination of departments is misguided creating incompletion of work orders. Bonuses are talked about but never seen, reasons are due to incompetentcies from other depts. Nothing seems to flow in a single direction. Our raises a bases on performance but performance is lacking due to others mistakes as well completing orders

Excellent

I Enjoy being in a very Diversified Manufacturing environment that makes the Environment satisfying with multiple personality’s being able to work together in a team environment that offers outstanding leadership and skilled professionals to make the success of the Flow of Production for on time Dealer and Customer lead times.

Many hardworking good people

Dedication to developing and promoting the company Fast paced Casual workplace Many advancement opportunities Growing significantly Focused on the customer

Good enviroment

Lots of friendly people. Run your machine without distractions or anyone criticizing you. Work at your own pace while ensuring quality in every piece you machine. Do it right the first time to ensure a nice product

Not much supervision, just a lot of dictators and meetings by management. Not consistent with policies. For example, if you point out in attendance depending who you are you will be granted a pass or if they don’t like you you’ll be terminated for it. Some processes are unorganized and not followed through with. They do have several employee events that include all three shifts

Horrible place. Hope they fail in every aspect

This company is horrible. They lie to you. They expect you to slave for them with no regard for family time or issues. The machines never work right. Management is nowhere around to help. And at meetings your always told to remember McDonald's is always hiring. It's all a slap in the face to serious workers. Don't go there.

Official response from The Stow Company

August 28, 2019
Thank you for taking the time to leave us this feedback. We're so sorry to hear you had a disappointing experience and wish you would have reached out to us about this. If you do want to follow up, please feel free to get in touch. We are always working hard to improve our company's culture and environment!

Friendly work environment

The Stow company is a good place to work but I feel like people are advanced into positions they are not qualified for. There is a lack of qualified workers who act like they know a lot but in fact know nothing. Every company has it pros and cons but the Stow company has way more pros than cons.

Pros

Bonus and attendance incentives

Cons

Benefits could be better.

Growing Company

Fast paced & stressful. Compensation & benefits are excellent. Operations is always in disarray. Not a forward thinking company. Not a progressive thinking company. Very relaxed dress code.

Official response from The Stow Company

January 22, 2019
Thank you for this feedback! As a growing company, we are always looking for ways to improve and your comments give us some great insight into areas to focus on.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Stow Company. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Ratings from women

2.1
InHerSight Score
2.1Personal Development
2.1Career Opportunities
1.6Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight