The Stow Company

The Stow Company Employee Reviews

United States50 reviews

companylotbenefitpeopleemployeetimemanagementgood

Lack of communication

Great place to work if you like being on your cell phone all the time and never get reprimanded for it. Cell phone abuse is out of control at this company. Supervisors appear to be overloaded with responsibilities so this issue is not addressed.

I regret leaving stow every single day. They give great bonuses and pay very well. This company truly makes there employees feel very important to the company.

Pros

Great pay great amount of breaks

The Stow Company insights

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager
  • Overall satisfaction

Lies

They tell you in ad you get benefits when you start then tell you to go to employment agency where you can't possibly get immediate benefits. Other people weren't hired in after 90 days. I didn't make it that far.

Lots of politics & overtime

I work thirds to get away from the higher ups and all the politics. This is not the case here.. And there is mandatory overtime every weekend.. And super hot, no a/c. And if u turn fans on, u will just get saw dust all over u.

Going downhill fast

Stow does not care about there employees no matter how long you have worked there. I am goin on 5 years and just recently had my job taking out from under me and was forced to reapply for a job I do not enjoy. There is no loyalty.

Fun place to work while learning about quality of work

When we moved to Idaho I was hoping to find something that was rewarding and had something to do with manufacturing. I have worked at a couple of places and they were either hostile or the environment was just bad.I have been with the Stow Company for a little over a year. It was a little rough at first because of all the changes, but change is good! One thing I like is the communication and the people are fun. We have a Don't Judge, Don't Blame environment which helps us to all grow and learn from our mistakes and find good solutions.I have had the opportunity to learn many different things and have never been made to feel like I am incompetent.The company is growing quickly which brings many challenges but if you are an adult that wants to grow and learn and be given new opportunities this is the place to go.

Do not work here

I have been with Stow for over a year and a half. In that time upper management has ruined the culture in our facility. I was a very consistently hard worker who would come in before my shift to help catch up and stay late to do the same. We were constantly falling behind because of machine issues. I would work extra to help achieve goals. I never asked for a raise or promotion once. When I got a raise, it was a small raise, like a slap in the face. Upper management doesn't care about the hourly wage workers. Oh, and I submitted a request for vacation for my honeymoon, got it approved. Then they switched to a new time clock, so I had to re submit it. No big deal right? Well now I find out I won't be receiving that pay. Don't waste your time here. Find a different company to work with.

Great place to work, management open to change, people really care here.

Stow has really great people here. Just like any company, there are some selfish people, but by and large the people here really want to help you succeed. The company has gone through a lot of transitions recently but seems like they have the right team now and a bright future.

My time at Stow

I was trained during the pandemic. My trainer was training me over teams, which was not ideal. Management would keep adding to the position no matter how confident you felt with the previous task you were completing. I was told at my interview that there wouldn't be any weekend work ( I never would have applied as this is family time). I was required to work weekends- bait and switch. I have alot of respect for upper management, but not the supervisors.

Pros

Free drinks

Cons

Different policies for different people. Favoritism to certain employees, management caring about themselves, not the people who do the real work.

They treat you like a robot

I worked at Stow for 2 and a half years on 3rd shift and they couldn't find me a spot on first shift. I had to quit after 2 and a half years. I also went thru 6 bosses and we swapped all of 3rd shift employees. New HR, Supervisor's, Coordinators, Hilo, Operators, everybody. That should be a huge red flag. 3rd shift isn't staffed properly and they understand value your time.

Pros

401k and benefits

Cons

Thankless

4 10s or 3 12s, bad managment and high turnover

Great work-life balance, plenty of time off. The ultipro app they use to pay and schedule time off is a mess, and it doesn't show when hours are changed in the system, so be sure to snap a photo of your clock times, because if they find out you stay over even a little they will change your time card to reflect a cookie cutter schedule. Then you have to argue over whether or not they have to pay you for hours worked. Requesting days off is a joke, the company doesn't update your time off until the following pay schedule so it virtually impossible to have an adequate count of how many hrs you have to use. The work is dirty and the ventilation and airflow is poor, they pay workers coming off the street on average of $8,000 to $10,000 more than a worker who's been there for years. They never advance you to a position its always someone off the street, they'd prefer to aquire a new body to fill a position rather than promote internally. The management is confrontational and often out of the loop, not knowing what the tasks of the people they're paid to supervise. Production is emphasized over quality, and the amount of rework they do is often more than the daily workload the have scheduled. Aside from how screwed up production is upper management seems to compromise with the production crew, as long as everyone speaks their mind.

Pros

Work Culture, free drinks, schedule

Cons

Pay, advancement opportunity, management, high turnover.

growing company with good compensation

Growing company with lots of room for advancement. Flexible shifts and good benefits. the only concern seems to be a higher than normmal turnover in production.

Pros

weekend lunches

Cons

too few holidays

It's fine

Don't expect much from this place and you'll be fine. It's an ok place to put in some time and make a little money before moving on somewhere else that allows more advancement.

Pros

It's a job

Cons

Average pay, pretty stingy benefits

Pay is good but that's about all there is to say.

You'll never feel as a part of team at Stow. There are certain groups that are already established and you'll never be of worth to them no matter how hard you work. They don't follow their values that they preach, upper management has no idea how floor even operates. Plant manager doesn't have a clue. People stay here for the money but nothing else.

Growing Fast

Fast growing company with plenty of growing pains. Relaxed office environment depending on your department. Poor communication between plant and office but recent growth has played into that. CEO is very confident and can rub people the wrong way, but you cant argue with his results.

Pros

Casual office, nice facilities, vacation time policy

Cons

Poor communication, office policies vary by department

Overall a pretty good company.

I really have nothing bad to say about this company. The vice president of Stow actually remembers your name and takes the time to say hello and ask how you're doing every single day.

Pros

Free vitaleez pizza every time you have to work a Saturday

Cons

No cons

Good business.

Decent place to work, maintenance is usually fast at coming to see what's wrong, and fixing the problem. I feel higher ups (not all) play favorites. I was a huge fan of the coworkers. Very nice HR staff.

Pros

Free drinks, nice cafeteria.

Cons

Favoritism.

Great people and Good management

Working here I always felt welcomed. They always worked with me no matter what to make sure my needs were met as long as I worked hard for them. My manager was very understanding and looked to help everyone around him succeed.

Pros

Leniency. Job is easy. Good people

Cons

Wages could be better. Not a lot of incentive for employees

Poor management

The leadership team has an ignorance and arrogance and look down on the work force. They are extremely out of touch with the work force and are usually unwilling to listen to improvement ideas or make changes that make it easier on the floor workers. CEO has publicly shamed employees in quarterly meetings. Going to HR just puts a target on your back.

Pros

You can get away with a lot because management doesn't understand their departments

Cons

A lot of mandatory overtime, you're just a number

For most part, I love it!

I enjoy coming to work everyday. I have been shown appreciation for my dedication to detail and efficiency. The only real problem I see is there is often a lack of communication.

Good Company

The work is not hard they have good people that help train you in different area your assign to everyone is friendly. The management staff is great they all give out good information on the company an are very friendly..

Pros

Just do your work an go home

Cons

Don't get caught in drama at work

Common questions about The Stow Company

Answered by current and former employees at The Stow Company

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Stow Company. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.1Personal Development
2.0Career Opportunities
1.6Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight