The Summit Federal Credit Union Employee Reviews

For the most part, an enjoyable workplace - Snr. Teller
Senior Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYJuly 15, 2017
Great coworkers and thorough training. Unfortunate part was working under an unprofessional manager with poor judgement/people skills. I was offered a promotion, but was told I was going to be paid less than my male counterpart who had less experience than I did. Was told by the aforementioned manager that HR wouldn't offer me a larger raise, so I did not accept the promotion on principle. He ended up leaving and I had to do his job anyway (without extra pay) because, once again, the manager didn't hire someone for several weeks.
Pros
Gym at headquarters, hour long lunches Fridays, opportunity for overtime
Cons
Company excuses poor behavior from management
Competitive
Teller (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJuly 9, 2017
Tellered an average of 8 to 9 hours a day. They were flexible on letting me be creative with marketing sales strategy at branch. Management was relaxed and allowed employees to do their jobs without micromanagement.
Pros
PTO and 401k
Cons
n/a
Great work environment and coworkers. Amazing members and atmosphere.
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Cortland, NYFebruary 2, 2017
I loved working for The Credit Union. It was a fast-paced environment, working with confidential information. I made many friends, both members and coworkers.
Every day I would start out counting a drawer and having an informal morning meeting with my wonderful manager. Once the doors were open, there was always a flood of members in need of service. I was always there, on my game, ready to handle whatever came my way. Any time there was an issue or someone needed more attention than I could give to them, I always made sure that they were seen by A representative who could not only meet their needs, but could do it in a timely fashion.
At least once a day, I would be faced with a situation that would make a customer/ member feel uncomfortable,(ie: having a debit card compromised, check fraud, or an imbalance in their check book). I always took the initiative to calm them down and let them know that everything would be taken care. Next, I would do everything that I could to resolve that issue of theirs. All of my members were able to leave feeling relieved and confident that I took care of their needs and worries.
Overall, my job working at the credit union was rewarding and fulfilling. I took pride in creating customer loyalty. I loved going to work, and I always looked forward to meeting new people.
I left my work family of nearly 8 years to raise my own family, which is my full time job now. I love being a stay-at-home mother of 2 wonderful children. Now, I am looking to come back into the workforce, part-time, and make a difference where I can.
Pros
wonderful people, flexible schedule.
Cons
room for growth, salary.
Great management, team atmosphere
Teller and branch Business Development Champion (Current Employee) –  Cortland, NYSeptember 4, 2014
Busy and small credit union branch. Multitasking to fulfill member banking requests.Cash handling, and document scanning to meet credit union requirements.

I enjoy the small bonus plan for qualified referrals and the perks.

Happy to be included in some business development activities.
Pros
3 weeks vacation in first year
Cons
low salary