The Summit Group Employee Reviews

Great job with amazing coworkers
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LaAugust 13, 2018
While working here it was an amazing time! I was taught so much to help my career, while helping the company. This place knows how to treat their emp.
Art Director (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMay 23, 2018
Good place to work, fun atmosphere. They value go getters and like to promote within. Good strong design team. They value learning new skills and often will pay for a conference or training you want to attend.
Pros
Good pay / management
Cons
Poor benefits
Good company
Pension Administrator (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 15, 2018
It was rewarding to connect with our clients and their participants, brokers and cpa's regarding the care and maintenance of their retirement plans. The workplace culture was more like a family atmosphere. We worked well together as a team to meet our client's needs. The hardest part of the job was merging into a new company. The most enjoyable part of the job was taking care of our clients.
Stay away
ADVERTISING ACCOUNT COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTOctober 24, 2017
The agency has about 80 full-time workers. In the 18 months I was there, there were over 50 new hires due to people leaving. You'll be familiar with the 'Staffing Update' emails that go out almost weekly.

Also, the majority of work is Subway sandwiches across the nation, so unless you want to relocate, there is a distinct lack of career advancement. Finally, they will over-work and under-pay you and raises are not built-in to reviews.

Local agency with local ambitions. Stay away.
Pros
It was fun to work with so many sports teams
Cons
Everything above.
great company when it was sill around
Team Leader Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  American Fork, UTOctober 13, 2017
This company had its stuff together. The best leads and things were run right. True team atmosphere. Great schedule and management was top notch, as were the owners.
Pros
great schedule and great leads
Cons
no longer in business
One of the better promotional items companies
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDOctober 8, 2017
The promotional item industry is very competitive and Summit is one of the better companies but you have to find all of your own customers and never having worked in this industry is was hard to pinpoint the best ones.
Pros
everyone is helpful
Cons
You have to cover all of your costs including salary and benefits with your sales
Asset Management
Asset Manager (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJuly 31, 2017
This is a small private company that manages, syndicates and builds affordable housing opportunities within the United States and is headquartered in Seattle.
Best Place I have ever worked
Commercial Salesr (Former Employee) –  Macon, GAFebruary 28, 2017
This is one of the most well respected and well run firms in the area, the work place is one big family and the ownership truly cares about your success. I wish them nothing but the best.
Pros
Excellent
Cons
Could be perfect, but lacking in loyalty.
Media Assistant (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTSeptember 8, 2016
TSG is a pretty amazing place. I'll say I learned a lot, made some wonderful friends, and for the majority of the time I was quite satisfied. The issue came when one morning I was dismissed for reasons which did not make sense to me, or many people on the team I worked with. Prior to this, aside from one performance review at 90 days - none of these "issues" had been brought to my attention at all. Weekly one on one sessions were almost always cancelled, management was too busy or simply not there. I have since learned that TSG has a culture of doing exactly that - letting employees go with little warning over issues which weren't made clear when they should have been. Some time later no posting/opening has been made for my replacement. I would have appreciated some honesty, knowing my position itself was being eliminated (or so I can assume, as they aren't re-hiring.) Just a word to the wise, watch who you're loyal to here. They might just throw you out in the dust.
Pros
Innovative thinking, fun social dynamic, CEO is a great guy, great pay and benefits.
Cons
Little feeback on performance, management can be careless, somewhat intimidating atmosphere
Good Company
Account Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTFebruary 5, 2015
Fun environment, great co-workers, good upper management, but no so much at the middle level. Very poor training and poor life/work balance
Pros
Great enviroment
Cons
No support from management
Fast paced environment with fun company culture
Advertising Account Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 17, 2014
Busy, fast paced workplace with a fun company culture. A lot of young people and collaborative thinking. A lot of internal and client meetings and the occasional data entry.
Pros
fun people, laid back
Cons
benefits are not great
Creative and fun place to work with opportunity to utilize co-workers specialties.
Advertising Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTApril 16, 2013
TSG is a good place to work with talented individuals. A typical day would be start with preparation for client and internal team meetings, documenting and providing updates to clients and team members on status reports of current campaigns and projects. Following up with creative and interactive departments to make sure deadlines were on schedule. Co-workers were always nice, helpful and available to discuss new ideas and thoughts to help improve client initiatives. The hardest part of knowing where you stood because they would not provide any feedback outside of generalizations which were always positive.
Pros
ability to utilize various department expertise, flexibility from direct supervisor
Cons
average pay, limited options for advancement
Work enviornment not very friendly. Employees have only very basic work space.
Payroll/Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Draper, UTJune 20, 2012
Management not very attentive to employees. Co-workers for the most part easy to work with. Hardest part about working at this company is the unfriendlyness by upper management. Most enjoyable part co-workers were nice.
Pros
free lunch on friday's
Cons
non attentive management; unfriendly

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Summit Group. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about