The Sunglass Hut Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Fun place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 9, 2018
Every day is different. You will never get bored working. Sunglass hut provides you with everything you need to know to ensure sales. If you like socializing you will love this job.
Great place to work if you like a fast paced environment
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Bluffton, SCMay 6, 2018
I was blindsided by Sunglass Hut when I started. I did not know the benefits that came along with working for Luxottica. Great insurance, fun work team and awesome Regional Managers. The discounts are a plus and learning about vision and eye care along with brands is really exciting. Stressful at times with managing and scheduling store hours but its worth it in the end. Great place for advancement and you have so many options all over the WORLD.
Pros
Pay, benefits, discounts
Cons
Retail, scheduling
Very diverse work atmosphere
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Milford, CTApril 30, 2018
The staff there were very professionaland helpful. I also like the fact that as the co manager the other employees wer very nice to me I absolutely loved that job
fun place to work
Sales Representative/Repair (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLApril 27, 2018
learned a lot about facial structure and glasses. the job is overall easy. The management was great at the time that i worked there. The most enjoyable part of the job is how chill the environment is.
enjoyed this job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Jonesboro, ARApril 25, 2018
Usually fast paced job, communicate with customers regularly, usually a fun environment to work in, can be cometitive when it comes to selling to customers
low paced job
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  4300 meadows lane 89107April 22, 2018
this job has tough me how to deliver customer service and responsibility, it is a good part time job if you go to school or if you have another job, but its not a good job if you wish to live of the paychecks and pay bills i hardly get 300 and that's just not even enough for rent
Pros
free pair of sunglasses once a year, regular eye exams
Cons
slow paced, casual part time hrs 15
Productive place to work
Sales Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Troy, MIApril 11, 2018
Not a stressful environment but it can be face paced. The company has good management and flexible scheduling. You will learn a lot and there are opportunities for advancement within the company.
work environment
Employee/ Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAMarch 27, 2018
I had fun working but it's only because of my coworkers. hard to move up especially if management holds grudges against you for doing your job. You do experience entry level sales and customer service here.
Environnement agréable
Conseillère de vente (Former Employee) –  Galeries Lafayette HaussmannMarch 21, 2018
Les collègues étaient très sympathiques ainsi que les managers.
Le lieu de travail était très bien placé et il y avait beaucoup de clients.
Pros
Primes
Cons
Salaire
I loved working here and learned so much about sales and management.
Sales Associate, Manager (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KY and Palo Alto, CAMarch 20, 2018
My last year there our District and Regional managers had a high turnover and were not seeing eye to eye which made working with them a burden. Typical day was of course sales and paperwork. Everyone on our team was amazing to work with, like a little family. I'd say the hardest part was the last year. Most enjoyable part was our team and selling sunglasses.
Pros
Our Team
Cons
Turnover for Regional and District Managers

Want to know more about The Sunglass Hut?

Ask a question
SGH @ Macy's
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 14, 2018
As a 19 yr old working for a major company, selling high end accessories, I felt proud at first. As i worked there for over a year, i realized that the management team didn't motivate us to do anything other than sell and even after selling thousands of dollars in sunglasses, we were only given $100 or so in commission due to the low percentage. It was very competitive between associates and managers played favorites. I enjoyed the high end experience, selling to people who weren't knowledgable of the benefits of different kinds of glasses. I enjoyed dressing well and the overall atmosphere of the largest Macy's in the world!!
Sunglass Hut
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Richmond, CAMarch 12, 2018
It was a great learning experience. Having to communicate with more than 7 people at a time plus answering calls was a success. I was always on time and maintaining my area clean was my biggest responsibility.
Pros
Long Lunches
Cons
healthcare
Fun and trendy
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Humble, TXMarch 7, 2018
I had a blast working for the company. Very positive and great community feel. Biggest issue personally was lack of upward mobility possibilities. If able to relocate then not an issue but otherwise jobs above store manager are almost non existent. In my area at least if your wanting district manager or to go away from the retail channel relocation is the only option.
Product and fun work place
MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXMarch 1, 2018
Working for Sun Glass Hut was a good experience. If you enjoy meeting people and helping to choice wisely to look their best and that is what I did. Have to be diligent to watch over products, easier to work in a store location than it was in the open Mall area kiosk.
Pros
Working with a good group of people, discounts on major brand glasses, meeting people
Cons
On feet all day, not much time for lunch, trying to cover store with minimum hours.
Fun workplace
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Orland Park, ILFebruary 26, 2018
Loved to interact with customers and find the perfect shade fit for them! The managers were very easy to get along with, which only made the job more of a hobby!
Great first job
Sales Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Danbury, CTFebruary 26, 2018
I can not review this company since i have a NDA with the regional manager and program director. It did give me a opportunity to start my career and make progress.
Part time job that fit to students
Sale Associate (Former Employee) –  Westminster, CAFebruary 6, 2018
Multi tasking
Be familiar with sale experience and customers service
Be able to manage the sale goal and fulfill the operating display in store.
Cash handling.
Fun workplace
Loss Prevention Agent (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 23, 2018
I've learned about the products and what specifics each sunglasses are utilized for. The work place was lively and relaxed. Fellow co workers were good.
Pros
Product knowledge
Cons
Standing
Negative Managers
Sales Representative and Keyholder (Former Employee) –  The Crossings in Tannersville, PAJanuary 19, 2018
I learned all different brands of sunglasses. Plus the difference between a regular lens and a polarized lens. They do come in handy. You can go blind
Pros
Discounts to clothes I don't wear
Cons
No respect for their employees
Creative Manager (Former Employee) –  Coral Gables, FLJanuary 11, 2018
This was truly one of the best jobs I had. I had a great mentor that allowed me to grow as an artist and guided me along the way. I wish that I had an opportunity to stay with the company longer.