The Sunshine House Early Learning Academy Employee Reviews

wonderful company
Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  GeorgiaApril 13, 2018
loved working here. great people and wonderful children. they offer training and opportunities to further you education but not enough money to live on.
Stressful job for NO money
Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  James Island, SCApril 9, 2018
My center was poorly staffed, which everyone knows it takes a village to raise a child. It takes a community to raise other peoples children. It was a lot of work and the pay was $9 an hour.
Child Care facility
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCApril 4, 2018
Managers and Teachers are Nice. They greet you and your child. Handle transitions of being dropped off very well. A care for your child's needs. Great place for kids
Pros
enjoyable lunch breaks
Cons
Na
It was a fun place to work
Assistant Director (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COApril 2, 2018
This was a fun place to work. I just wish they had benefits and better pto. I had a hard time getting off for doctors appointments. The only thats stessful about working at a center with high turnover is you have a hard time getting off for appointments. if youre working monday through friday then its hard doing appointments over the weekend.
Pros
fun place to work
Cons
short breaks and no healthcare
Great Company
Center Director (Current Employee) –  Duluth, GAMarch 7, 2018
I worked here at the Sunshine House for 12 years! It is a great place to work. The only reason I am leaving the Sunshine House is because I am relocating to California.
Not a good experience
Teacher's Assistant (Former Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCFebruary 3, 2018
I work here 4yrs never has a raise and management always did what ever they want even know it wasn't correct for the childrens and company, no benefits and no sympathy for their employees.
Pros
Be with the babies
Cons
Everything else
Teacher
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJanuary 31, 2018
I definitely would recommend the sunshine house for a potential parent or employee. The job as a teacher is well demanding. Too many kids for one teacher. Seems like your entire day is gone if you work the 9-6 shift. Overall I enjoyed my experience wish there was less gossip. But management was released. This job requires patiences and being firm.
Pros
Pretty laid back
Cons
No advancement
Better management and outdated center.
Lead Toddler/Twos Teacher (Former Employee) –  Douglasville, GAJanuary 27, 2018
Could be a wonderful center to work if only the center was fully staff, and better manage. Parents not involved at all with their children. The center is outdated and needs a complete makeover.
Pros
Enjoy working with the kids.
Cons
Not enough staff on hand.
needlessly stressful and disgusting
Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJanuary 24, 2018
This school might be one of the more disgusting ones in this city. Gloves are rarely used during diaper changes and it's the staff that have been there the longest that do not wash their hands... ever. There is intense favoritism and any time you report inappropriate behavior or even abusive behavior, it goes ignored by management. Rules and regs are constantly broken and the turnover rate is insane because this place is a mess. No benefits, no raises, bare minimum holidays, no PTO. 0/10 no thank you.
Low pay for the responsibility
School Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Snellville, GAJanuary 21, 2018
Location is convenient but there is no room for advancement and after a year of working there no evaluation so no salary increase. The county school schedule is followed, so when the students are off there is pay.
Its okay
Assistant Teacher/Floater (Current Employee) –  Loganville, GAJanuary 19, 2018
The pto is horrible because you would not get pto if you do not get overtime which is ridiculous . The pay itself is horrible I am not able to save or anything living pay check to pay check.
The Truth
School Teacher (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 15, 2018
Not a places that's the best when it comes to days off or holidays. They don't pay well especially compared to other places. They're more focused on the money rather than the children that are put in their care (the company).
Pros
Friendships built
Cons
Poor-management, money hungry company
Great Kids, Nice Co-workers
Full-Time Pre-K Teacher (Former Employee) –  UtahJanuary 8, 2018
I don't want to say much about the company and my experience due to the fact I wasn't there very long because I wasn't able to commute to work any longer.
Great benefits and a fun work environment.
Director (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCDecember 27, 2017
The Sunshine House has something for everyone and is a great place to work if you love children and love teaching children. If you do not love children or the early childhood education field, this is probably not the best place for you.
Pros
Generous childcare discounts and other perks
Cons
long days
Waste of time. This is a temporary place
Pre-k Assistant Teacher (Former Employee) –  Douglasville, GADecember 6, 2017
I wont even waste your time, don't do it yourself. You're better off at McDonalds. The turnover rate is insane. I worked less than 4 months and I can count the amount of people who fleed on two hands. The pay is disgusting and there is no structure. This place is not even clean.
Pros
Understanding how much you dont need this. It boosts you to aim for a better work position.
Cons
Working here
Horrible experience
Assistant Teacher/Floater (Former Employee) –  Loganville, GADecember 5, 2017
Management was unfair to employees and favored family members also I never knew there was paid time off until I saw her daughter filling hers out. Suspended me on false accusations
Pros
Children are great
Cons
Worst management
It's a very fun and loving work environment.
School Age Lead Teacher (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCDecember 2, 2017
A typical day at work is very busy. You have to be able to adjust to different personalities with all the different backgrounds all the kids come from.
Pros
caring management
Cons
becomes your life
I grew up with this company
Lead Teacher/Assistant Director (Former Employee) –  West Columbia, SCNovember 26, 2017
I was very young when I started with this company and I learned a lot over the years. I worked with a lot of awesome people over the years as well as many wonderful families and children.
Horrible
Lead Two's Teacher (Former Employee) –  Mason, OHNovember 8, 2017
Our bosses don’t know how to manage a daycares. They don’t care about their employees. They play favorites with staff and parents. They can’t even show up on time if they show up at all for work.
Great place but low pay
Preschool Teacher (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCOctober 14, 2017
I loved working at the Sunshine house just wish the pay was better for all the hard work and efforts. Loved watching the kids grow and move up through the center

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Sunshine House Early Learning Academy. Our community is ready to answer.