Hire better management!!
In an interview for DC supervisor
1. Name 2 people you admire
2. What skills are you working on?
3. When did you have to change strategies to ensure success?
All questions tied to accuracy, flexibility, and managing people.
401K after so long as well as personal time after a year I believe. However, the company is very flexible with scheduling and time off. If you need more than part-time work or to really make a living you will not get it at TJMaxx as a store associate. That is something to think about and pretty sure that is told up front so it's not something anyone can really complain about. Also most, not all, people at my store are hired in as seasonal temporary help. If you are asked to stay I'd say take that as a compliment. You know what you are coming into if you accept it. If people that have been there for years get more hours than you, learn from them and do what they do usually the people who get the extra hours when available get them because they perform duties of the position they are being paid to do.
It took two months for me to complete the hiring process. I applied for the distribution supervisor position.Here were the steps.
1. Within a week of applying the recruiter emailed to schedule a call. The focus of the interview was my knowledge of the company and experience leading a team. The recruiter (who was amazing, by the way) scheduled an in person meeting for 2 months later. The delay was because it was for a newly opening TJX distribution center.
2. I had 2 interviews in one day. The first interview was with the assistant general manager and a hiring manager. This interview was focused more on if I had the skills and experience to do the job.
The second interview that day was with another hiring manager and the GM. This interview was focused on if I would fit in with the culture.
3. Three days after the interview, they requested my references. They took my references through an app called checkster. With checkster you send a link to your references and they fill out a questionnaire about you.
4. A few days after my references were complete, they did a background check and offered me the job.
Your scheduled weakly hours are based on the availability you give management and it can be changed at any time. If you say you can work open to close on any given day you may be scheduled at any time on any given day randomly to fill the needs of the store. If you don't like the schedules you are given it is very easy to go the scheduling or any manager and ask to change your availability. This company is great when it comes to this.
Formal and manager asks questions on a form.
At first no blue jeans any color but denim blue and now on starting March of 2018 in Woodburn Oregon Tj Maxx you can wear anything including blue jeans
I’ve heard from customers that they don’t find very good deals at the stores anymore and have seen their annoyance with the constant barrage of TJX Rewards in the stores so I feel the stores may lose their luster and customer trust.
Its easy to get hired at TJX Distribution Center. No resume needed. Driving long distance to and from does not equal the pay. The work is easy.
As a former employee, I would say the sales associates and back of the house as well need to make a living wage. They should make at least $12.00 an hours and not have to rely on the government for assistance. TJX employees are hard workers ❤️for little pay.😔