The TJX Companies, Inc.
63Average
Here to help: Coronavirus update
Updates from The TJX Companies, Inc.:

The TJX Companies, Inc. Employee Reviews

You’re seeing reviews close to Ashburn, VA based on your current location
Not your desired location?
Choose a different one
Ashburn, VA33 reviews
the breakroom is really nice
Good place to work coworkers are helpful always willing to help out be it on the sales floor or at the register. working in the cash office was a learning experience .
Pros
free lunch and every month celebrate birthdays
Cons
15 minute breaks
My coworkers are wonderful
TJX hires top-notch employees. They're all pleasant and enjoy selling their products. Teamwork is important. Employees who do not pull their weight are usually let go or quit. The remaining employees are super and the work environment is enjoyable.
Current job
Love working here .Always seeking opportunities to advance my career. And grow with this industry. As a dba I still learning new things. I love it, and I couldn't be happier.
Less hours. Too much work for less pay.
Managers only promotes who they like not according to what you do.
Too much push on tjmaxx credit cards.

Not to drink water in front as a cashier.

I learn a lot but I hard way.
Vibrant atmosphere and opportunity to show great customer service
Provided excellent customer service and training for the new employees. Have been trained to use analytical skills to make decisions and advise customers and supervisors on the company procedures and operations.
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Every work experience is unique. Tell us about yours. Rate your employer.
Great Company
Tjx is a great company to work for, I stopped working for the tjx companies due to relocation to another state. Overall I loved my position and the chance for advancement was always quick.
Good entry level job
Was a good way to start off in the work field. I enjoyed talking to all different kinds of people even if they were short conversations. The management staff was friendly and willing to help the newcomers.
Good place if fast track
It's a good place to work if the put you on the fast track. Otherwise, it is a decent job, but they will squeezy you like a lemon before helping with your career development. The benefits are good. The hours are very stressful and can take a toll on you. If you work at a nice location with good management it can be nice, otherwise some locations have a horrible culture pulse and are very gloomy.
Pros
benefits, quality of life
Cons
schedule, management, career advancement
tjx
it is great working for tjx but for the work they had me doing on a day to day basis it was not economically smart for me to keep working there. they required me to lift heavy pieces of furniture at a frequent and fast paced environment. I enjoyed working there but I didn't want to hurt my back any longer.
Well meaning but short sighted
My managers at the Marshalls store in Leesburg, VA were very flexible when it came to scheduling in spite of corporate policies, but seemed to value TJX credit card applications over customer experiences and employee happiness. Almost every week my manager(s) would berate to the other employees about there not being enough credit card applications to meet our quotas. On top of that there was no way of compensating for employee absences. If an employee was off/absent on a particular day who had a specific job to perform, that job would be left incomplete until they arrived again. Also as a side note, it seemed there was no ruling regarding cleaning the break-room. If they just addressed all these simple problems rather than giving excuses I would not have left.
Pros
45 minute lunch breaks, could easily call-out sick, 15 minute part-time breaks
Cons
Employees didn't compensate for missing members
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at The TJX Companies, Inc.?
not a bad place to learn retail
beginning with stock and cashier positions you will be expected to maintain a good working relationship with your coworkers as well as a rapport with customers
Productive place to work
I would recommend TJ maxx.The company overall is great.The benefits are good and it's a friendly kind of environment but every location is different l
Pros
Employee Discount
Basic Part-time job
Good for anyone looking for a simple part time job.
Work flow depends on the amount of customers in the store.

You learn as you good, but they teach you the basics of the company.

Very diverse work environment.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
lack of benefits
productive work place
a typical day at work would include providing customer service and people skills to help customers find what they are looking for or have aleady found.
Pros
break minutes
Cons
co workers rude customers
Enjoy it
I have been with the company for 12 years and I love it. It is a great place to work at and I enjoy the people. The customers are very nice and I have built great relationships with them.
Pros
flexible
Cons
pay
Worst experience
Management didn't care if you got sick. I never called one day off during my time there and was always on time and I got sick and got fired. Management was terrible and bullied sale associates.
work as a family
I really like to work with TJ Max because we treat each other like family. I learn a lot from my co workers and also from my managers.
Pros
free break fast and lunch when we have special occasion
there were a few things the job give me
I learn how to help out customers on what they were looking for to buy, I also learn how to stock items from the truck when new items came for different type of seasons. My management was between ok and not so good they were fine to talk with when I needed help, but once in a while the lack of communication on the type of hours I requested. I would say the hardest part of the job was cashier because with TJ maxx it needed the co-workers to open store credit cards for every customers which I had a lack of doing the best thing about working there was the friends I made plus meeting new customers.
Pros
learning stuff I knew not so much about
Cons
the only con I would say I have was the lack of hours and days to work
well managed and easy to work for the company
Well managed , organized, and fun place to work. Very good company to balance work and family life. A flexible schedule.
Pretty Good
Managers are friendly, pressure to open tj credit accounts, fun teamwork, but overall great experience for first retail job.
Fun place to work if you love to shop.
-A typical day consists of running dalily reports. Filtering information out the the stores and upper management. Meeting deadlines. Multi tasking. Handling customer and assoicaite issues. etc.(see resume)
-I have learned how to prioritize work and stay organized.

-The hardest part of the job is resolving customer service related issues.

-The most enjoyable part to the job is planning events for the associates and managers to show our appreciation.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at The TJX Companies, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.
1.8K
1.8K
1.5K
Diversity score
out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at The TJX Companies, Inc..