The TJX Companies, Inc. Employee Reviews

Featured review
The TJX Companies, Inc. selected this as a representative review
The most enjoyable part of my job was working with and mentoring my associates.
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Carmel, INMay 25, 2018
I managed several low to mid-volume TJX locations over an 18 year period. Working as a Store Manager is very challenging work. One has to have the ability to juggle multiple tasks at once, all with the eye of simultaneously maximizing sales, pleasing your customer base, and pleasing your associates.
Pros
Upward mobility.
Cons
None.
A typical day at work
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Tupelo, MSJune 16, 2018
Clock in, Go into the receiving and shipping room wait on the truck to come in the mean time setup and get everything ready for the truck to be unloaded, once the truck was unloaded start getting things ready to be taken and put out on the sales floor in the correct department...
Pros
discounts for being employed there
Great!!
Associate (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NYJune 14, 2018
I worked here in high school and they were great about working with me around school and other extracurricular activities. It was a perfect job for me as I learned a lot and made some good friends.
Relaxed atomsphere
Senior Infrastructure Engineer III (Current Employee) –  Marlborough, MAJune 8, 2018
Not to technical, they outsource a lot. Company has decent benefits. They pay OK. Allow for remote work. The dress code is Jean and collared shirt. They like to outsource, they try and follow the latest trends in IT, but implementation is key.
Pros
work/life balance
Cons
Polictial enviornment at times
It’s a great place to work everyone is easy going
Homegoods (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJune 7, 2018
People that work for TJX Companies are hard working fun people and they are also very smart and easy going I love working at homegoods because someone would always keep or put a smile on my face
Pros
Paid 15 minute breaks
The Real TJX
Technology Manager (Current Employee) –  Marlborough, MAJune 7, 2018
TJX just is out to be a $ 40 Billion company by laying off 450+ global infrastructure associates to be outsourced by "offshore" contracts. This is not the company some of us started at decades ago. CEO makes 1500.00 x's that of the average employee and rake in billions from stock, as they cut our wages and jobs. If you want to work at TJX, your best bet is to be a buyer.
Pros
Used to have some, but not any more.
Cons
Management, Senior Management, Greedy CEO and Board.
Relaxed workplace
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Vernon Hills, ILJune 7, 2018
Easy to balance work/personal life. Flexible scheduling. Employees are friendly, as well as management. Opportunities to grow within the company are available.
great products, nice employees
Stylist/ Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 6, 2018
great new products, quality brands, consumer driven, as they have an understanding of what today's shopper wants. Wish they would have their employees work more narrow with depth and understanding of their division rather than expecting everyone to do a little of everything. While it's important to have a working knowledge and understanding of one's employer, I feel one's talents are better utilized if they are allowed to focus and flourish in a particular area
Pros
great brands and new products daily
Cons
little room for creativity as it follows a stringent corporate structure
Good Company
District Manager of Loss Prevention (Current Employee) –  West CoastMay 31, 2018
TJMAXX (TJX) is a good company to work for, probably the best in retail. LP however is difficult to achieve results in almost any role compared to other major retailers.
Pros
Discount, Culture and Work Hours
Cons
Old Systems and low LP Staffing
Very competitive place
Sales Associate and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Bayamón, PRMay 30, 2018
A typical day to work I have to unloaded the merchandise truck, fill up the racks and shelves. Build presentations or merhandise wall. I learned to work more organized and in team. The hardest part was finishing all the presentations on time while you do customer service.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
a lot of physical work
Great compnay
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Neptune City, NJMay 30, 2018
TJX Companies is a great place to work for! The company has a variety of benefits that allow individuals to grow and prosper. TJX has allowed to me utilize my skills in a variety of different ways.
Good entry level job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Falls Church, VAMay 29, 2018
Was a good way to start off in the work field. I enjoyed talking to all different kinds of people even if they were short conversations. The management staff was friendly and willing to help the newcomers.
Great working environment
End User Services Technician II (Current Employee) –  Marlborough, MAMay 26, 2018
I learned a lot working for tjx. The training is excellent and management sets clear guidelines job expectations. Employees are treated very well and the atmosphere is very upbeat and friendly.
Customer Services
Customer Services Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 23, 2018
Making sure that customers are very satisfied overall with purchases, customers are always right. Great loading dock crew. Hard part of working with this company was not having items that customers where looking for.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
No affordable benefits
Stressful, Horrible Place To Work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Roanoke, VAMay 22, 2018
A typical day at TJ Maxx is constantly hearing your managers yell at you for not getting 'credit' - which means signing up for a credit card. While you are out there in the heat of the store and they are sitting comfortably in their cold office. They have ZERO idea that their employees are asking every customer if they would like to sign up for our credit card.

If you somehow are able to score a promotion they will do anything and everything in their power to demote you. Doesn't matter if it's even correct.

The people you meet there are always nice, outside of work. I've made some best friends there that I see movies with a lot, but I can't tell you how many arguments I've been in and had to break up because the work environment was so hostile. Upper management pushing on lower management to micro-manage regular associates? No thanks.
Pros
10% discount, 20% weekends every now and then
Cons
short breaks, unhealthy environment, hostile management
Opportunity to advance
Distribution Center Loss Prevention Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INMay 22, 2018
I seen chances to advance within the company once I applied myself and got engaged into management business. They supplied me with the tools and gave me chances to grow and challenge myself beyond what I can do.
Good work environment with opportunities to learn - frequent layoffs
IT (Former Employee) –  Marlborough, MAMay 19, 2018
I really enjoy working at TJX. Great team environment. There are some great minds who work there and they are more than willing to share what they know. Too many layoffs for a company that makes as much as it does.
Pros
Frequent paid lunches. Low stress. Good training material
Cons
Benefits are not the best. Frequent layoffs
Favoritism, No advancement. Bad Experience
Maint Tech (Former Employee) –  Pittston, PAMay 18, 2018
Hired as a Maintenance Technician. Upon entering the 2 weeks of training I was told that I shouldn’t have to be trained, since I’m a mechanic I should know all of this stuff already. So that was a warm welcome. Rude, Disgruntled employees who wouldn’t help me learn anything. If you need a job to get you through until you find something better, this will work. But just be careful. For some reason they are very rude to new people.
Pros
Good Hours
Cons
Very Low Pay, Long Days
Horrible
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, COMay 17, 2018
Plan on being covered in dirt, unloading trucks while being yelled at, unorganized chaos. Never able to complete a task. Poor training. Unresonable work hours
Pros
Cons
You name it
flexible
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 17, 2018
I love my coworkers. Management was very flexible with my college and colorguard schedule. I was there for almost five years, pay didn't show it. min wage was
$11.50 and I made $12.17
General daily review
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Menifee, CAMay 16, 2018
Although I worked here for a short time, I enjoyed the fast pace of the Holiday shopping environment at the store. My position as dressing room attendant was enjoyable as it was very busy. I enjoyed customer questions about our merchandise and clothing and Management was helpful is assisting me and answering my questions.
A typical shift included keeping dressing rooms clean, checking for security tags that had been removed, and maintaining general neatness within the entire dressing room section of the store. During slow periods, I reorganized any Holiday displays that were within sight of me area. Approached customers for questions or assistance they neede.
Pros
Employee discounts
Cons
difficult to keep the store neat doing Holiday frenzy.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The TJX Companies, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

51.5K
41.5K
31.2K

Diversity score

Powered by Comparably

68out of 100

The Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at The TJX Companies, Inc..