The TJX Companies, Inc. Employee Reviews

Found 3,481 reviews matching the search See all 5,001 reviews
Featured review
The TJX Companies, Inc. selected this as a representative review
The culture of the company is amazing.
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Chula Vista, CAJuly 27, 2018
TJX is an amazing company to work for. The culture is incredible.
The company truly cares about its employees. It is an amazing company to work for.
Pros
excellent management, execellent benefits
Cons
Depending on your location and state you reside, there may not be any TJX companies near by
Challenging and effective work environmemt
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNNovember 19, 2018
I liked working for the company I was treated fairly and equally, I loved receiving weekly paychecks the employee discounts were fair. I miss working .
Pros
Flexible schedules, weekly paychecks
Cons
No healthcare or 401 k unless you work fulltime
Exploitive
GWA / Sorter Operator (Former Employee) –  Jefferson, GANovember 19, 2018
False promises about internal advancement.

Do not compensate when job requirements demand tasks and responsibilities not included in job description.
My TJ Maxx Experience
TJ Maxx Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNNovember 15, 2018
I have been working at TJ Maxx for 2 years. I can honestly say that my experience at TJ Maxx has definitely had its pros and cons. That is with any job. However, the cons outweighed the pros in my experience. The management here is unorganized and does not take all proper precautions nor do they follow protocol. The hours are ok but not enough to sustain a decent living.
Pros
Free Lunch (Sometimes), Associate Discount
Cons
Unorganization, unprofessional management
If you speak English only dont even bother working here.
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Pittston, PANovember 15, 2018
The pay is ok but its not worth the stress of not being able to understand the people who are training you. Human resources doesnt even try to help you when you tell them you cant understand anyone in your department. They show very little care for English speaking employees.
Pros
Cons
Every thing
Parttime Job
CUSTOMER SERVICE AND SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLNovember 14, 2018
This was my first part time job while completing high school. My learning experience in how to save money, spend and budget my expenses. I was happy to learn.
Productive fun workplace
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNNovember 14, 2018
Excellent place to retire great environment temperature controlled excellent management great pay for maintenance men effectual dates and paid time off
Head Cashier (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 11, 2018
Dont remember too much about this job it’s been over 17 yrs ago, but it was a great experience for me working there. I did not regret working with them one bit.
enjoy working for tjx
Customer Service Coordinator/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Nashua, NHNovember 10, 2018
I currently work part time and it's a nice balance for work and personal life. The management staff is positive and a pleasure to work with. Highly recommend.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
Vibrant atmosphere and opportunity to show great customer service
Back Room Coordinator/Key Carrier Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Chantilly, VANovember 10, 2018
Provided excellent customer service and training for the new employees. Have been trained to use analytical skills to make decisions and advise customers and supervisors on the company procedures and operations.
Workplace
Front end Sales/Customer service (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYNovember 9, 2018
Not an enjoyable work place, stressful, managers want workers to do something they are not supposed to, don't give enough hours, prejudice against certain people, give more hours to people they prefer, poor management, poor working conditions.
Great, amazing, stupendous, wonderful
Home Goods (Current Employee) –  Lombard, ILNovember 9, 2018
Love it, fantastic ...The place is amazing and so is the staff and the shoppers.. Best place I’ve ever worked at. Great hours and benefits...Wish I would’ve known about this place 5 years ago
Pros
Weekly pay
Cons
Job was outsourced and I was laid off
Computer Operator (Former Employee) –  New Albany, OHNovember 9, 2018
Wonderful company, valuing its employess, only issue is the CEA made some bad decisions regarding outsourcing. This company may be in sourcing once a new CEO is in place
Hostile Environment
TJ Maxx Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  New Jersey MarltonNovember 8, 2018
I Honestly Could Not Stand Working With The Staff. I planned On Being Professional But Everyone Just Wanted To Be In Everyone Elses Business And Talk About Each Other Never Again. It Was A Very Hostile And Bad Vibe In That Store And I Just Wanted To Get Out
A good place to work. The company really cares about their employees
Technical A (Current Employee) –  Framingham, MANovember 6, 2018
I enjoy working at TJX, especially with the people. There is always some new project or effort coming along. It has it share of challenges, organization changes, some lack of communication between teams, etc. Those are pretty normal challenges in any workplace. Overall the positive aspects of working here outweigh the negative issues.
Pros
Collaborative environment. Good people.
great place
SHIPPING AND RECEIVING CLERK (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 4, 2018
great place with a lot of room for moving up in the ranks they are fair and give you paid sick days very understanding companies very family oriented. Go tjx!!
Productive work place
Developer (Former Employee) –  MalboroNovember 4, 2018
Tjx is a good place to work . Excellent working conditions and management takes care of the employees . It’s family oriented company . It gives opportunities for employees for career growth by providing required training .
Pros
Good place
Cons
Good place
Coworkers were great! management was not
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Winter Haven, FLNovember 4, 2018
I worked there for a year and the coworkers were amazing, but the management never had your back with any ideas or issues with customers. I made good friends and got very god experience,
Challenging and productive
VP, Human Resource (Former Employee) –  Framingham, MANovember 3, 2018
Vice President of Human Resources.Had union negotiations, arbitration, diversity committee, development. committees, coaching, etc. Super management training and structures.
Tjmaxx
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Stroudsburg, PA 18360November 2, 2018
I worked for the company for 3 years before leaving to school and enjoyed the environment. It was fast paced and kept me busy but wasn't hard to navigate as a student.
This is a great first job, I feel like I have learned a lot while working here and gained a lot of skills within the retail workplace.
Loss Prevention Associate (Current Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAOctober 31, 2018
I love my job at Tj Maxx! It offers a very differentiated environment and makes everyone feel welcome. Everyone has a job to do and the managers work to make sure we all get home at a fair time after closing. I would recommend working here to anyone!
Pros
45 min break for 6+ hours of work
Cons
Can be slow sometimes but also can be very intense sometimes

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The TJX Companies, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

51.6K

3.0InHerSight Score

2.6Personal Development

3.7Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight