The TJX Companies, Inc.

Found 4,399 reviews matching the searchSee all 5,976 reviews

Great place to work for

Featured review

The TJX Companies, Inc. selected this as a representative review
Management is supportive and understanding. Company has good benefits. Coworkers all work well as a team. Always opportunities for growth. The job is fun too which is a bonus!

Very welcoming culture

The TJX employees that I worked with were all very friendly and personable. There are also good benefits like Summer Fridays. I would recommend to anyone looking for a job.

The TJX Companies, Inc. insights

Based on 1,740 survey responses
Areas for improvement
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Fair pay for job
  • Sense of belonging

Get your foot in the door for retail

It was by first retail job. It’s a great way to get your foot in the door for retail. However schedules would come out every week and you weren’t always guaranteed hours sometimes I would only work once a week.

Pros

Discount

Cons

Pay

Good place

Good job with good pay. Experience will very base on supervisor. Not easy to get promoted unless working 60+ hours a week. Culture can be toxic depending on leader

Productive,fun and educated

A nice place to work. Individual are treated with respect. There is room for opportunity in this company. My working here exposed me to some new experiences about to make a rotation of merchandise which in turn keep the store organized and clean and shop able.

Good for teens bad for people that want to continue as a career

This place is like a good job for teens that need to gain customer service but overall not the best company to stick with in the long run. Management is messy at my store and hours are cut without explanation

overall this job is pretty good

I like it a lot it just sometimes has its issues like any job. I recommend to anyone in high school or in college, that are looking for a part-time job. The pay could definitely be better but so can any minimum wage job

Pros

Great staff, fun work environment

Cons

Payroll issues, scheduling

Fun workplace

A great part time job. It was my first job ever . Very flexible and considerate of your school schedule . Would only work like 4 jokes after school and then longer on the weekend which was very good if you are in school

Not a bad place to work

Overall the experience wasn't bad. TJX provided me with the flexibility in hours that I needed at the time since I was also taking college courses. Pay and growth opportunities was okay.

goodish pay

goodish pay, three week schedule not very good, rude attitude at front desk area, ok for part time, always busy and understaffed, workplace culture is disconnected

Ok for as a first time job.

While there was ways to move up company, it was impossible with management. High turn over, lots of teen employees who call out all the time leaving 4 people in total to run the store.

Pros

Inclusive

Cons

No benefits for part time

Fun Workplace

Really friendly coworkers and management. Enjoyed working here during college. Management was flexible with hours and everyone was supportive and encouraging!

Terrible place to work at

It’s just a waste of time working there I barely get paid for the amount of work they make me do. And it’s honestly not fair they show too much favoritism and they cutting my hours off

Pros

Free snacks and weekly pay

Cons

Shot breaks not getting paid enough

flexible hours

Good for a part time job and students. It really depends on the season and time of how many hours you can get. It is not difficult to get promoted in a short amount of time. If you have a tight busy schedule they will work with you.

Pros

weekly pay

Cons

short breaks, lack of other associates

Productive and fun place to work at first

No communication between management and supervisors so the supervisors can not communicate with the associates. Also no very good representation by the union

Fun workplace, horrible district leadership

I’ve spent roughly 9 months as a store manager with T.J.Maxx. The pay was amazing, and my coworkers were absolutely great. The District Manager was horrible. She would never answer the phone whenever there was a issue. Overall great environment but terrible management and help desk.

Pros

10% discount. Flexibility with work shifts.

Cons

Horrible district management

Great mangement, subpar company

I had great managers at my Marshalls location. I was treated very well, but the compensation was pathetic, however we did get quarterly bonuses but they were only like 75 dollars. Working in the backroom was too stressful but then working in the front was too slow paced for me

Pros

Discount, shopping

Cons

Crazy unpredictable schedule, boring, low pay

Was a good company

Prior to 2018, this was a great company to work for. Once upper management changed ( home office and field) this company went down hill. When you see new people coming on board and start questioning their decision to join, you know things aren’t good. It’s a shame. Loved working there till 2018

Great, under Certain Circumstances

I've worked there for almost a year, and I recently just got fired, for lack of attendance, they have no problem firing you for a certain number of times you show up late/no show, you have to be mentally/physically ready to be on prompt time otherwise you'll get canned, as for the work experience, I actually enjoyed the work environment with people I worked there, anybody can fit in there, as for the work itself, it differed, one day you were rushed to meet a certain quota or some days it was really relaxed, it depends on the department you work in, as for the management, it could be an overall much better experience, they really need to work on employee respect and trust to do something because they would give you an impossible job or complain about you doing your job, and then some supervisors will not like you for whatever reason, overall they need a better management system, and as for the job overall, it came at a time of need for my life, and I appreciated it for what I could take.

Pros

Good pay, Friendly co-workers, Easy work

Cons

Management Authority, Strict attendance

Great company, bad people

Amazing company to work for till you are ready for advancement, only hires from outside for management, no matter your experience. Went through 3 complete management changes and never once was even spoken to about advancement, even with 30 years of experience and being made to do the job repeatedly in the interim. Great company, terrible people in management.

Pros

Great company

Cons

Terrible Managers

As far as retail goes it's great, people will be people.

On the positive, it is the best retail experience I have had the pleasure of working at EVER. I cannot say that about every TJMaxx store or every TJXX store, but the Concord, NH store is absolutely Stellar! I'm so thrilled to be part of the staff here. They truly take care of the employees, boost morale, continuous incentives, positive environment, great breakroom full of treats, free food and drinks, management is approachable and absolutely warm and caring, and above all appreciative of what you do. This is the most enjoyable part of the job. It makes it feel less like a job and more like hanging out. I guess I am very, very lucky.Unfortunately, they keep hiring people but our hours are getting cut and I cannot pay my rent. Not sure how that is supposed to work...Sadly I am not the only employee complaining about this. Looks like I will have to look for a more secure income.Also, It would be great if Management would implement the training basics we are taught during training. Some employees are "running the ship" by not following the rules. It just frustrates everyone else. This is the hardest part of the job.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The TJX Companies, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Diversity score

out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
Top 50%
In the Top 50% of similar size companies
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at The TJX Companies, Inc..
Powered byComparably

Compare The TJX Companies, Inc. with

• The TJX Companies, Inc.