The TJX Companies, Inc. Employee Reviews

Found 3,425 reviews matching the search See all 4,902 reviews
Featured review
The TJX Companies, Inc. selected this as a representative review
The culture of the company is amazing.
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Chula Vista, CAJuly 27, 2018
TJX is an amazing company to work for. The culture is incredible.
The company truly cares about its employees. It is an amazing company to work for.
Pros
excellent management, execellent benefits
Cons
Depending on your location and state you reside, there may not be any TJX companies near by
very nice people there
Marshalls Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Bangor, MESeptember 21, 2018
iI loved working there. I just needed something closer to home. i didn't work a lot of hours. The people there were very nice to be with. The work day was very fun and a learning experice.
Excellent company
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Brownsburg, INSeptember 21, 2018
Enjoyed my time there and learned skills that I will use in future employment. Company promoted open door policy and treated all employees with respect.
Pros
Work/life balance
Cons
N/a
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Cumming, GASeptember 19, 2018
T.J. Maxx was one of my favorite places to work. The staff and management were friendly outside and inside of work. They scheduled events for coworkers outside of work on holiday's. Work environment was pleasant and they offered a decent amount of hours while being very flexible. Also gave out schedule 2 weeks in advance and were very organzied.
Pros
friendly environment, organized, flexible hours
Typical Contract Experience
Business Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Marlborough, MASeptember 17, 2018
My experience at TJX was as a Contractor thru a consulting agency. I experienced the typical life and demands of a contract employee. Difficult culture but good overall environment.
Never want to work there again.
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino County, CASeptember 15, 2018
It was good while it lasted. Managers would always contradict themselves, one would say you can do this and the other would say no. Managers would get themselves involved in unnecessary drama. Overall, I’m extremely glad I quit.
Pros
You make good friends
Cons
Pay, dealing with rude customers, constant people stealing, managers being annoying.
TJX Corporation is a very good company to work for
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Charlotte North CarolinaSeptember 14, 2018
I would like to further Advance my career that if the reason why I would be interested in looking for another position. I have had a great 18 years here with the company looking forward to finding something that would better put me in a position to lead multiple stores for future growth
Pros
Great environment
Cons
Lack of advancement
Nothing to say
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 12, 2018
Nothing to say about this job. Do your job and stay in line. No opportunity for advancement. There are some long term employees that are stuck in the same positions they were in with seldom significant raises.
Corporate culture based on strong inter-personal relationships
Technology Manager II (Former Employee) –  Framingham, MASeptember 12, 2018
My experience included long term employment with low turnover of staff which creating strong teams. TJX provided training and the ability to move from entry level positions to middle management. The growth of the company created a continuous stream of projects.
very fast paced and competitive
CUSTOMER EXPERIENCE CORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Deerfield Beach, FLSeptember 11, 2018
Usually for me I was to count and set up registers, let managers know how much is made for the night, take care of associates and relocate them if necessary, enjoyable part is free dress code.
Pros
raffles, lunches with hard work, discounts
Cons
short breaks, on demand, not much benefits.
Pretty ok
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Beaverton, ORSeptember 10, 2018
The environment and people were welcoming just the company pushes it's associates to the limit. Management sometimes disorganized but wonderful and friendly.
Pros
45 minute lunches

Want to know more about The TJX Companies, Inc.?

Ask a question
Very fast paced work environment. Customer service is the number one focus above anything else.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COSeptember 10, 2018
Working for Tj Maxx could be a fun and happy environment when you had the right number of individuals working during every shift. Retail can be a tough, fast paced and very demanding job. I enjoyed working there because my attitude determined the outcome of my day. No matter how busy we were or how management, customers or other employees treated me I personally could determine my attitude and how my day was going to go.
Pros
Gift cards could be earned, management brought treats for birthdays each month, employees received a %10 discount on items they purchased
Cons
short breaks, never given the hours promised, tardy if even one second late, often times worked very short staffed
Good
COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NESeptember 9, 2018
A typical day at work was like any other retail position, fast-paced, tedious, customer interactions. the employees were nice although some did not care about the positions they held. pay is not competitive, and hours are fluctuated
Pros
it was a job
Cons
it wasn't a career
Enriching and Enhancing Work Experience.
Assistant to Industrial Engineer (Current Employee) –  Pittston, PASeptember 8, 2018
Diverse Culture recognition.
Highly Disciplined and self motivating environment
Continuous and Fast paced changing environment.
Caring Management.
Promote In house talent.
Respect and encourage Individual Integrity
Benevolent Managers and other officials.
Pros
Festival Celebrations, Gifting, Awards and Bonuses. Recognition
Cons
Two Short Breaks, Lunch Break, in house medical station with full time nursing.
Always busy with new demands.
APPAREL AND CLOTHING ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Putnam, CT 06260September 6, 2018
We were always busy at the Putnam store which moved to the new mall in Killingly. The store was very flexable, and the managers were great. You were always treated fairly.
Pros
Quick paced. Busy, Day went by fast.
Good Place to Work.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOSeptember 5, 2018
Management was super friendly all the time. They care about you as a person, but corporate ties their hands to much. They can't help out their people as much as you can tell they want to.
Good company. Lots of opportunities.
OPERATIONS MANAGER (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LASeptember 5, 2018
Lots of opportunities within the company. They love to promote from within, especially if you're able to relocate. Like all companies there are area's without great upper management but if you get in the right district it's amazing.
Fast paced work environment
ARRC SITE COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Rogers, MNSeptember 4, 2018
There is not advancement opportunities here. The pay increases leave much to be desired as well. The management is closed off to new ideas, and does not recognize those individuals that bring new ideas to the table, or the individuals helping to make the company and branch successful.
The atmosphere is a hostile one.
very fun
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYSeptember 3, 2018
very flexible scheduling, and a fun work environment, enjoyed working with everyone and the managers were nice. a typical work day involved being assigned a department and keeping it clean and neat.
Pros
fun enviorment
Cons
short breaks
High stress but fun
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Wellington, FLAugust 30, 2018
Fast-paced, high stress but fun job experience. The front end requires you to push credit card apps for corporate. The only part of the job I didn’t like.
fun placee to work
SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 29, 2018
if it paid more i would never leave. the hours are flexible and the coworkers are great. its the most enjoyable job ive had so far. if an opportunity presents itself for me to stay with higher pay i would jump at the chance

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The TJX Companies, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

51.5K
41.6K
31.2K

Diversity score

68out of 100

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at The TJX Companies, Inc..

Powered by Comparably