The TJX Companies, Inc. Employee Reviews in Evansville, IN

Found 59 reviews matching the search See all 5,380 reviews
Featured review
The TJX Companies, Inc. selected this as a representative review
The culture of the company is amazing.
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Chula Vista, CAJuly 27, 2018
TJX is an amazing company to work for. The culture is incredible.
The company truly cares about its employees. It is an amazing company to work for.
Pros
excellent management, execellent benefits
Cons
Depending on your location and state you reside, there may not be any TJX companies near by
Upper management not so good but 100
Reciever (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INJuly 16, 2019
Great work environment for young and or small family’s three day work week with option overtime pays can reach well over 1000 A week for dedicated individuals
Gives a good work life balance, but to big of a management disconnect.
DEPARTMENT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Evansville, INApril 30, 2019
Compensation is one of the biggest highlights to being in distribution. I have been in a retail environment all of my adult life. Majority spent on the store side. Running the day to day operations.
Distribution Supervisor/Operations Area Manager (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INApril 3, 2019
Great people and workplace culture/active work environment/avg. pay/liked age workforce/middle of the road turnover/training initiatives/positive work environment
Pros
Great People
Cons
Southern Indiana
Racist and Unprofessional
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INJanuary 30, 2019
I have a disability and they didn’t respect that whatsoever. They praised all the white people but worked anyone of another color,ethnicity and even social standing harder. I got fed up and quit. Not to mention I got in trouble for things other co-workers said without proof (This might just be the location I was at but I’m very disappointed with the management)
Its was hard strenuous.
Carousel (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INJune 30, 2018
It was a good job it was good paying hours qerw vwry fixed which is good. Down sidd was the work i felt like a slave. But all the people i worked beside where very good people.
Opportunity to advance
Distribution Center Loss Prevention Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INMay 22, 2018
I seen chances to advance within the company once I applied myself and got engaged into management business. They supplied me with the tools and gave me chances to grow and challenge myself beyond what I can do.
Great place for maintenance
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Evansville, INMay 18, 2018
Working at the DC in Evansville has been a great experience for me. The compensation is awesome, coworkers are great, the job is challenging and exciting. The only downfall seems to be the in fighting between shift supervisors. However that is forgivable considering all the other benefits.
Pros
Great compensation and benefits. Great coworkers and atmosphere
Cons
In fighting between supervisors
Fun and energetic place to work.
Area Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Evansville, INApril 22, 2018
TJ Maxx has been a great place to work and has afforded me the opportunity to advance to my current position. It does offer a good work/life balance, with multiple shift options to choose from.
Pros
Good work life balance.
Cons
Off-shifts are challenging.
has potential to be a good place to work
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Evansville, INMarch 7, 2018
Engineered standards discriminates,union fails to represent you as an employee,(seems the union and company are in collusion),management has lack of warehouse experience when it comes to managing a warehouse,supervisors lack of experience when it comes to supervising.
Pros
paid vacations
Cons
union lack of representing, management
12 hrs of keeping and even pace and learning so much everyday
WAREHOUSE ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INMarch 2, 2018
Tj is good making their workers versatile in the warehouse the management took the stress from supply and demand working with us to put out the best times. The culture was more kind mind yourself and keep. Hardest part of the job for me at the time was getting the correct bell for lunch which seems not that big of a problem. I loved tagging items and getting the swing of a new job title or product.
Pros
job title and the ability to move up get paid more and work flexibility
benefits
ticket agent
Ticket Agent (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INJanuary 22, 2018
love working there its a good place to start. its a clean hard working everimont you learn a lot of helpful things to be sucessful in life yhe hardes part of work is standing on ur feet. i injoyed working hard to get the money to prove for my family.
Pros
money
Cons
lot of people
very fast paced but fun
Temp (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INOctober 30, 2017
Working for a bunch of smiling heart warming people are definitely a plus. Everyone I worked with was beyond nice and respectful. I would love to work there again!
Pros
nice breaks
Cons
nothing really
Good job, poor management
IT Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Evansville, INSeptember 28, 2017
This is a place that offers good pay but the work isn't for everyone. The benefits are typical for a corporation with insurance, vacation, 401k, etc. Biggest complaint is some management isn't always consistent. Some managers makes you wonder how they even hold that position, while others prove that they belong. It can sometimes be cutthroat due to focus on mistakes rather than accomplishments. Be prepared to get through under the bus.
Pros
Pay, job security
Terrible
Packing Floor Worker (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INAugust 23, 2017
Management truthfully does not care about you. your just a slice of meat to fit the place until they replace you. compensation and benefits lack. All around not an enjoyable place to work.
No innovation
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Evansville, INAugust 20, 2017
Basic distribution with no appetite for innovation or process improvement. Hourly associates are treated below acceptable industry standards and output reflects. Poor labor relations in a union environment.
The job is fun & competitive
Ticketing (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INAugust 4, 2017
This company is very helpful for students during the summer. I really enjoyed the moment. I highly recommended to any student who wants to work during the summer.
Pros
Overtime
Cons
Short breaks
Tjx
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INAugust 3, 2017
Very stressful at the DC, almost seems as if the company is too big to function the way it should. Alot of moving parts that require alot of unnecessary steps from a managerial standpoint.
Great place for a work life balance
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Evansville, INJune 16, 2017
I have learned a lot while being at TJX giving me much needed abilities to not only build teams, but allow those teams to grow and be held accountable at the same time.
Temp Job
Shipping and Receiving (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INMarch 9, 2017
The job was extremely face paced. Worked long hours. The management i did not see much after being hired. The hardest part was keeping up with the face pace and workload.
Pros
great pay
Cons
short breaks
Operate multiple machines to move and locate pallets
Bulk Driver (Current Employee) –  Evansville, INMay 28, 2016
First thing you do every day after clocking in is fill out checklist on the machine you will be using. Then you Start scanning your way through work. Every truck had a pc and handheld scanner to use on pallets and for locations for pallets. You have to get so many scans per hour to keep your job. They use pallet jack trucks, (single, double, and triple pallet carriers), stand up fork trucks (single and double carriers), and TSPs pallet rack stockers.
Pros
Consistent work; familiar routines; decent pay
Cons
Commute out of town;

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The TJX Companies, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

51.7K
41.7K
31.3K

Women's ratings

2.7Fairygodboss Score

67%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

44%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss