The TJX Companies, Inc. Employee Reviews in Framingham, MA

Found 146 reviews matching the search See all 5,386 reviews
Featured review
The TJX Companies, Inc. selected this as a representative review
The culture of the company is amazing.
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Chula Vista, CAJuly 27, 2018
TJX is an amazing company to work for. The culture is incredible.
The company truly cares about its employees. It is an amazing company to work for.
Pros
excellent management, execellent benefits
Cons
Depending on your location and state you reside, there may not be any TJX companies near by
A starter job for experience
Merchandise Assistant (Former Employee) –  Framingham, MAAugust 13, 2019
Buyers are hubris and think very little of their assistants. No advancement opportunities. Little to no exposure to learn business practices that would allow you to show potential, demonstrate skills to prove worthiness of advancement considerations.
Too much hierarchy and like minded people
Human Resources Business Partner - Strategic HR (Former Employee) –  Framingham, MAJuly 17, 2019
There were some smart folks but they do not let you run, take your time, follow the hierarchy and do not point out faults. Things take a long time to change and they could be served well to diversify their workforce a bit more.
if you like being treated like a child, go for it
Product Development Specialist (Former Employee) –  Framingham, MAJuly 17, 2019
Absolutely no trust in their employees, and work you to death. Highly do not recommend. They also continually employ awful people and promote them to managers and then wonder why all of their young employees with enough self respect leave weekly.
Productive workplace, great people, good environment
RETAIL MARKETING INTERN (Former Employee) –  Framingham, MAJuly 15, 2019
I enjoyed my internship tremendously! Great company to work for. Good energy, given tasks and challenges everyday. Productive work environment, but also friendly.
Friendly employees
Product Development Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Framingham, MAJune 28, 2019
Friendly office and dedicated employees. Was not the best place for me to start my career but I definitely did learn some useful skills which I'm thankful for.
Work life balance biggest perk
Merchandise Assistant (Current Employee) –  Framingham, MAJune 18, 2019
I was not salaried in my role however a lot was expected of me. Growth was my number one reason for choosing this company only to realize it can take a significant amount of time to move up. Minimum a year but after all is said and done likely 1.5 year. They truly do care about their employees though, rewarding and recognizing those whom work hard.
Pros
Free food sometimes, gift cards, work life balance d
Cons
Growth isn’t guaranteed, you can be worked harder than what your paid
average office position
Merchandise Assistant (Former Employee) –  Framingham, MAMay 13, 2019
This was just a 9-5 type office job, I took it because I wanted to have a work life balance, which I got, but only because I did the bare minimum for my job.
Sweatshop
Senior Print Production Planner - Contractor (Former Employee) –  Framingham, MAApril 15, 2019
Took a 50% pay cut because it was 2008 and I was desperate. But they pay that low rate and think their employees should be happy about it because that’s the way they offer 70% off to customers.
Pros
Cons
Pay sucks. Managers suck.
Good
Data Scientist Co-op (Current Employee) –  Framingham, MAApril 8, 2019
This company is good! And my mamnger is good! The caffe is also good and will open another caffe, the thing is much chaper, one coffee is only $1.29. The ceo is sooo good!
Collaborative environment, "open-door" company culture, fast-paced business
Supply Chain Planning Analyst (Current Employee) –  Framingham, MAFebruary 10, 2019
TJX has been an enjoyable place to work. From my experience, the company does a good job hiring and promoting managers at all levels. The company has an "open door" policy, which helps create an environment in which managers, all the up to the senior-most levels, are very approachable. The upper management of the company is very solid, which helps the company remain focused on executing to its business model and maintain it's position as industry leader.
One thing that has impressed me about TJX is the investment in people - they often provide free luncheons, team outings, and other events. Expenses are not spared to the extent they are at some companies, and that goes a long way in making employees feel valued.
Pros
Great working environment, solid management, fast-paced business keeps the work interesting, substantial investment in people and teams - regular department luncheons and outings
Cons
Systems infrastructure is outdated (though proactively being addressed)
A great company wth an even better culture!
Assistant Vice President, HR (Current Employee) –  Framingham, MAJanuary 30, 2019
TJX is a unique environment. While large and highly matrixed, the core values and identity of the company is clear and can be felt everyday. The relationships, partnerships and networks one builds within the company can have a huge impact on ability to thrive at TJX.
Overall good company
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Framingham, MAJanuary 16, 2019
Lots of opertunity for advancement at lower levels. Very corporate directed. Frequent micro-managing. Inconsistent direction from different levels of management
retail industry culture
Tax Accountant II (Former Employee) –  Framingham, MAJanuary 16, 2019
although I learned a lot from TJX, this is the company which brings a typical retail industry culture. they were old fashioned in managing people. The tax department hired new grads to save money.
Growth mode
HR Manager (Former Employee) –  Framingham, MANovember 19, 2018
Company is growing fast and looking for new ideas at all levels. Fast paced environment where millenials are appreciated and promotions are accelerated.
Good.
Human Resource Intern (Former Employee) –  Framingham, MA 01701November 13, 2018
Great job, love the environment and people. I only did an internship but if you work there as your career you will create bonds immediately and feel right at home because of their orientation strategy.
A good place to work. The company really cares about their employees
Technical A (Current Employee) –  Framingham, MANovember 6, 2018
I enjoy working at TJX, especially with the people. There is always some new project or effort coming along. It has it share of challenges, organization changes, some lack of communication between teams, etc. Those are pretty normal challenges in any workplace. Overall the positive aspects of working here outweigh the negative issues.
Pros
Collaborative environment. Good people.
Challenging and productive
VP, Human Resource (Former Employee) –  Framingham, MANovember 3, 2018
Vice President of Human Resources.Had union negotiations, arbitration, diversity committee, development. committees, coaching, etc. Super management training and structures.
great co workers and not enough management training
PRODUCT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Framingham, MAOctober 26, 2018
So much effort into ensuring that each employee felt comfortable in their everyday work environment but not enough emphasis on management and their effect on employees. Great company to be a part of.
Seemed a bit stressful
Executive Assistant to the Vice President (Former Employee) –  Framingham, MAOctober 18, 2018
It will depend which department you work for. Some Managers are horrible and some are very nice. Security is super tight. Fellow employees are nice enough.
Warehouse Developer (Former Employee) –  Framingham, MASeptember 30, 2018
Very good environment to work, Management and personnel are committed to patient safety and well being. Management is very supportive of balancing work and family life.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The TJX Companies, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

51.7K
41.7K
31.3K

Ratings from women

3.0InHerSight Score

2.5Personal Development

3.8Career Opportunities

2.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight