The TJX Companies, Inc. Employee Reviews for Cashier

Found 208 reviews matching the search See all 5,386 reviews
Featured review
The TJX Companies, Inc. selected this as a representative review
The culture of the company is amazing.
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Chula Vista, CAJuly 27, 2018
TJX is an amazing company to work for. The culture is incredible.
The company truly cares about its employees. It is an amazing company to work for.
Pros
excellent management, execellent benefits
Cons
Depending on your location and state you reside, there may not be any TJX companies near by
worst job I ever had
Cashier/ cross trained for all departments (Current Employee) –  Palm Beach, FLAugust 10, 2019
This company offers very little chance for advancement and unless you are a coordinator or supervisor you get less that 25 hours a week. Managers do retaliatory scheduling, if you turn down an opportunity they NEED but you do not want they will not advance you and/or cut your hours. Their need of their credit card plays a significant role in your ability to advance. You are expected to get 1 out of every 100 people to sign up for their high interest credit card. Managers harp all day in your earpiece about getting a credit card. (and even in front of customers, very unprofessional!) This is the worst job I have ever had and would not recommend it for anyone.
Temp Seasonal Sales Associate
Cashier, Marshalls (Former Employee) –  Lenox, MAAugust 8, 2019
Fast paced retail setting.
Worked closely with front-end staff
Cashiering
Maximized customer satisfaction by assisting customers complete purchases, locate items and sign up for rewards program.
Observed company return policy when processing refunds, including inspecting merchandise for wear or damage
Do not work here
Cashier (Former Employee) –  BroomallJune 13, 2019
Worse job I ever had the management does not train their employees they just throw you in there an expect you to know what your doing and the management never gave their employees any positive reinforcement everything was negativity.
Great customer service
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Sudbury, MAApril 5, 2019
I’m currently there and our main requirement is to provide great customer service to everyone. We try to get every customer a credit card even though they don’t want one.
Pros
Great parking
Cons
Short breaks
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 31, 2019
A fun, great company to work for with great flexible hours. Great for any part-time student or even a full time student. Management were very respectful and I felt really appreciated working there.
It's an alright place to work
Cashier (Current Employee) –  North Miami Beach, FLSeptember 26, 2018
If you need the money it's a good place to work although it doesn't really pay that much. The managers at my location aren't the most professional. There are multiple instances where they have talked about an associate behind their back without talking to the associate about an event or the topic of which they were talking to other associates about. However, it does pay weekly and they are very flexible.
Pros
Very flexible
Cons
Managers
Retail store and aas fast paced
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYSeptember 26, 2018
I worked on the sales floor in different departments of clothing making sure they were hung up right and nice clean department. Always worked stock room and unloaded trucks.
Pros
Met lots of people working with the public.
Cons
Met a few bad people working with the public.
Good Place to Work.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOSeptember 5, 2018
Management was super friendly all the time. They care about you as a person, but corporate ties their hands to much. They can't help out their people as much as you can tell they want to.
face paced
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Venice, FLAugust 1, 2018
fast paced work atmosphere and great to work with customers to help them find all there shopping needs. The hours were not great and I was hired under the impression that I was going to only work certain hours and then it changed soon after I started.
nice job for students
Retail Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Greenfield, WIMay 6, 2018
It was a nice job when I was first starting college but after a while I realized it was not for me. Employees are constantly nagged about getting customers to apply for the credit card and most customers do not want it or already have one. Another thing is no one has a job title but they will work you constantly in the same area, so the job is the same every day. Its nice that you can cash your check at the registers though.
Pros
break room meals occasionally, coworkers, pay
Cons
favoritism, credit card
negative
Habra Ca- Cashier (Former Employee) –  La Habra, CAMarch 13, 2018
I did not enjoy working at this Tj maxx either, The employees were still rude and negative. They would aklways complain about being at work and made it a negative place to be at.
Working at TJ Maxx and Companies
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Poughkeepsie, NYMarch 6, 2018
Cashier at store front
I learned how to shelve items in most departments
Management always came to help out when needed or train.
Coworkers where busy mostly
Hardest part of job is customer returns and finding where to return items in the store
Most enjoyable part of job where the customers and interacting at the departments.
Pros
Selling to Customers and keeping items priced for sale
Friendly work culture
Cashier (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJanuary 22, 2018
Typical retail job, management was awesome and everyone got along well. Good communication and managers were always willing to help if you ever needed anything.
Pros
Flexible hours
Overall a pleasant work experience
Cashier (Former Employee) –  East Hartford, CTDecember 18, 2017
Managers and supervisor were helpful, well trained and professional. Expectations were clear and coworkers were also friendly, though a little bit "clickie" or exclusive at times.
Pros
Employee discount, nice bosses
Cons
Snobby coworkers
Unreasonable demands from management and negative co-workers.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  ‘Aiea, HIDecember 3, 2017
The work paste was good most days. Management required for employees to ask at least 3-4 questions to customers which makes it difficult to accommodate long lines and customer satisfaction.
Pros
Cons
Negative atmosphere and unwillingness to negotiate
Cashier/Merchandiser/Markdown associate (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 9, 2017
Great place to work I love working here. Customer service is a really big thing for this company that's what they thrive on. overall a really great opportunity.
Productive work place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Westchester, CASeptember 11, 2017
I enjoyed working at TJ Maxx until I began seeing a lot of robberies inside the store. I would sometimes fear for my life because when robbers would come inside the store and take merchandise they would act loud and crazy. The securities really didn't do anything besides follow them and the managers would call the cops until after the incidents had happened. Overall I did get experience cashiering and met many great people and enjoyed seeing they were satisfied on their shopping trip.
Pros
Free lunch on Holidays and different activities every month
Cons
Rude coworkers and managers, and didn't feel safe at all times
I enjoyed working for tj maxx
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 16, 2017
I worked as a cashier at TJ maxx. And some time in customer service, my coworkers was a pleasure working with. I learned at lot working with TJ maxx.
Pros
I was able to use my discount
Cons
Short breaks
Good Place
Cashier/Associate (Former Employee) –  Aberdeen, NCJuly 13, 2017
Do not give enough hours but are good with workers sometimes. Good co-workers. Management is okay. It would be better place to work if they did not hire so many people.
fun enviroment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Yonkers, NYJune 19, 2017
At TJmaxx you will never get bored, there is always something new to learn. It also offers great benefits and discounts.Only factor is that they don't offer many hours.
Pros
free luches (occacionally), discounts
Cons
they dont offer much hours to work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The TJX Companies, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

51.7K
41.7K
31.3K

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP30%
In the Top 30% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at The TJX Companies, Inc..

Powered by Comparably