Play YouTube video button

Cashier216 reviews
United States216 reviews
Featured review
The TJX Companies, Inc. selected this as a representative review
TJX is an amazing company to work for. The culture is incredible.
The company truly cares about its employees. It is an amazing company to work for.
Pros
excellent management, execellent benefits
Cons
Depending on your location and state you reside, there may not be any TJX companies near by
This place is a joke, I deadass have a whole week off with no work days are kidding me!? They dont give you enough hours at all, schedule is unorganized, the managers are dumb asf and don’t kno how to communicate They MAKE YOU ASK every customer to sign up for a credit card and if u don’t they would get mad at you. This place is horrible and I only been here for a couple of weeks
es un buen lugar de trabajo, donde se aprende mucho y se lleva todo en paz, los jefes son muy bueno y siempre brindan oportunidades de mejorar
Overall, it was a nice experience. The management team and the work schedule/coordination was unprofessional and all over the place. However, the employees were very positive and kind.
Pros
Costumer Engagement
Cons
Unbalanced
Job seekers rely on your experience.
Every TJMaxx is different so management will be different where ever you go. Hours varies on the days and time you work. You get good benefits and discounts.
Management is terrible. Everything is unorganized. Management does not communicate with their associates or even properly trains the newcomers. They threaten to fire you if you are not getting enough TJX Rewards Cards. ALWAYS short staffed because they "have no money" and also don't give a lot of hours. New managers have no idea what they are doing. This place doesn't appreciate their associates at all.
Pros
Can Cash checks at job
Cons
Favortism, TJX Cards, Pay
Overall the job was very easy if given proper space to do your job. The real breaking point is whether or not you have good store manager or not. If you have a good management team the work goes by fast , because you are trusted. If not it'll probably be a horrible experience.
The management team can't keep any employees. Managers talk about each other to hourly employees.They make promises that will benfit them then leave you hanging.
The store manager has no idea how to run the store and did not give her employees enough hours that place sucked one of the mangers was really nice she tried to help us and teach us
Quality customer service is to be provided to the customers. opportunity to learn different departments in the retail store. Fast paced environment on the weekends.
I appreciate you when you work real hard and real good but when you have to call in the act like you're tricking them or something and then they don't want you to come back to work anymore which I thought was very unfair people do get sick sometime
Pros
Money was good it was okay
Cons
If you have to call and they don't want you to come back, they think you're lying or something, they're unreasonable
This company offers very little chance for advancement and unless you are a coordinator or supervisor you get less that 25 hours a week. Managers do retaliatory scheduling, if you turn down an opportunity they NEED but you do not want they will not advance you and/or cut your hours. Their need of their credit card plays a significant role in your ability to advance. You are expected to get 1 out of every 100 people to sign up for their high interest credit card. Managers harp all day in your earpiece about getting a credit card. (and even in front of customers, very unprofessional!) This is the worst job I have ever had and would not recommend it for anyone.
Worse job I ever had the management does not train their employees they just throw you in there an expect you to know what your doing and the management never gave their employees any positive reinforcement everything was negativity.
I’m currently there and our main requirement is to provide great customer service to everyone. We try to get every customer a credit card even though they don’t want one.
Pros
Great parking
Cons
Short breaks
A fun, great company to work for with great flexible hours. Great for any part-time student or even a full time student. Management were very respectful and I felt really appreciated working there.
If you need the money it's a good place to work although it doesn't really pay that much. The managers at my location aren't the most professional. There are multiple instances where they have talked about an associate behind their back without talking to the associate about an event or the topic of which they were talking to other associates about. However, it does pay weekly and they are very flexible.
Pros
Very flexible
Cons
Managers
I worked on the sales floor in different departments of clothing making sure they were hung up right and nice clean department. Always worked stock room and unloaded trucks.
Pros
Met lots of people working with the public.
Cons
Met a few bad people working with the public.
Management was super friendly all the time. They care about you as a person, but corporate ties their hands to much. They can't help out their people as much as you can tell they want to.
fast paced work atmosphere and great to work with customers to help them find all there shopping needs. The hours were not great and I was hired under the impression that I was going to only work certain hours and then it changed soon after I started.
It was a nice job when I was first starting college but after a while I realized it was not for me. Employees are constantly nagged about getting customers to apply for the credit card and most customers do not want it or already have one. Another thing is no one has a job title but they will work you constantly in the same area, so the job is the same every day. Its nice that you can cash your check at the registers though.
Pros
break room meals occasionally, coworkers, pay
Cons
favoritism, credit card
I did not enjoy working at this Tj maxx either, The employees were still rude and negative. They would aklways complain about being at work and made it a negative place to be at.