The TJX Companies, Inc. Employee Reviews for Customer Service Representative

Found 267 reviews matching the search See all 5,385 reviews
Featured review
The TJX Companies, Inc. selected this as a representative review
The culture of the company is amazing.
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Chula Vista, CAJuly 27, 2018
TJX is an amazing company to work for. The culture is incredible.
The company truly cares about its employees. It is an amazing company to work for.
Pros
excellent management, execellent benefits
Cons
Depending on your location and state you reside, there may not be any TJX companies near by
A fun environment to work
Customer Service Support (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAJuly 9, 2019
TJ Maxx can be a fun environment to work especially when associates give proper customer sefvice experience to customers. It's all about the customer experience assisting customers with their purchases and ideas.
Pros
free parking
Cons
short breaks
Discrimates against older workers has favorites
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Athens, GAJuly 7, 2019
Will work you to death. Let customers treat you like their personal slaves. They dont pay more than regular retail stores to be nice. You earn it. Good for young, pretty college girls, who seem to get any hours that they want.
Fun place to start working
Merchandiser customer service (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHApril 11, 2019
Its a place that could use a better change & I learned great communication skills I would recommend for people to work for the company it's a place for young & old people to work it just wasn't the place for me
it a great company
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Rock Hill, SCMarch 13, 2019
It a great place to work the only thing I didn't like was not getting a lot of hours to pay my bills. I enjoy working with my associate and they treated us right.
Best environment to be in
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Cody, WYJanuary 5, 2019
Love love working with this company. Great training..safe and fun place to be. Working the phones can be hard. But TJmaxx is very black/white. You don't ever have to question the values of the company. I look forward to growth and future with Tjmaxx.
Pros
Safe
Cons
Pay
Parttime Job
CUSTOMER SERVICE AND SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLNovember 14, 2018
This was my first part time job while completing high school. My learning experience in how to save money, spend and budget my expenses. I was happy to learn.
Workplace
Front end Sales/Customer service (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYNovember 9, 2018
Not an enjoyable work place, stressful, managers want workers to do something they are not supposed to, don't give enough hours, prejudice against certain people, give more hours to people they prefer, poor management, poor working conditions.
great place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Orange Park, FLOctober 11, 2018
I enjoyed working with the staff as well as customers here. I enjoyed the family atmosphere when it came to working black Friday. we have a big pot luck and everyone would bring something. They also did company parties after hours for the store employees. They were more like family.
I working for customers services make credit card, cashiers,beauty department, home department, men's and kids back room split the merchandise, ladi
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCOctober 6, 2018
Pay more star 10 minimum pay the managers so nice and professional the place is setting and bringing opportunities for growth upgrades position schedule is assecible
Pros
Nice place
Cons
Management work whit employees situation etc
Very fast paced work environment. Customer service is the number one focus above anything else.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COSeptember 10, 2018
Working for Tj Maxx could be a fun and happy environment when you had the right number of individuals working during every shift. Retail can be a tough, fast paced and very demanding job. I enjoyed working there because my attitude determined the outcome of my day. No matter how busy we were or how management, customers or other employees treated me I personally could determine my attitude and how my day was going to go.
Pros
Gift cards could be earned, management brought treats for birthdays each month, employees received a %10 discount on items they purchased
Cons
short breaks, never given the hours promised, tardy if even one second late, often times worked very short staffed
Fun, but stressful
Customer Service Associate and Cash Office (Current Employee) –  Mount Juliet, TNAugust 9, 2018
Everyday you come in and clock in. You have the capability to clock in 5 minutes early, but even a minute or few seconds over your clock in time, and you are deemed as late and you will have it marked in your log. You check the line-up to see where your designated area is for the shift, and any and all breaks you have scheduled. The most dreadful thing is to be a cashier. You are required to sell a credit card to a customer every 100 transactions. Even if you aren't old enough to have one (i.e. 16 years old), it is now in your job description to sell one. You get the worst scolding and will get a meeting if your goal is constantly never met. Other than working on the front end, every other area is such a positive experience. Of course the holidays are dreadful, but the rest are bearable. Get along with your coworkers and your shift will be a breeze.
Pros
Occasional 20% discounts, capability of seeing merchandise before it hits the sales floor, flexibility in scheduling, friendly co-workers
Cons
stressed to sell credit cards & receive donations, low pay (raises are annually upto 50 cents unless being promoted), only full-time positions are guaranteed hours
Do so much but pay so little.
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  350 Washingotn Street boton, MaAugust 6, 2018
The company has a lot of good people. The company doesn't pay its workers with they deserve. The top performers on LP barely get a 50 cent raise. Marshall's is a good place to start but it isn't a good place to stay.
Pros
Making your own schedule
Cons
You do above and beyond for the job but never get recoginzed or paid for it.
Productive place to wrk
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCJuly 11, 2018
I enjoy my coordinator role as management on front end. The team acts like family. Management sometimes provide lunch or snacks for us. The company allow you to be creat6.
Pros
Nonr
Cons
Not gettig your breaks
fun, great for first time job
CUSTOMER SERVICE (Former Employee) –  New MexicoJune 28, 2018
This is a great job to work as a first time employee you learn the basics of customer service that you can take with you anywhere.it is also a great company that you can relocate with.
Best job I have ever had, I plan to never leave
Custumer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Robinson Township, PAJune 27, 2018
I got hired at 16 years old, I have been there for almost 3 years now and I love my job. I am a Customer Experience Coordinator, part time as I am still in school. I get paid much more than most people my age, and I love my work friends, my managers, and I have fun at work. The company pays well, and has extremely nice benefits if you are full-time, better than my parents' benefits, even.
Pros
Benefits, pay, accomodations, everything
Cons
Customers
General daily review
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Menifee, CAMay 16, 2018
Although I worked here for a short time, I enjoyed the fast pace of the Holiday shopping environment at the store. My position as dressing room attendant was enjoyable as it was very busy. I enjoyed customer questions about our merchandise and clothing and Management was helpful is assisting me and answering my questions.
A typical shift included keeping dressing rooms clean, checking for security tags that had been removed, and maintaining general neatness within the entire dressing room section of the store. During slow periods, I reorganized any Holiday displays that were within sight of me area. Approached customers for questions or assistance they neede.
Pros
Employee discounts
Cons
difficult to keep the store neat doing Holiday frenzy.
fun
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Norwell, MAApril 25, 2018
busy fast pace work day learned customer service and register skills management was good the hardest part was merchandising the easiest was dealing with customers
normal day with plenty of service
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 17, 2018
Most days are very busy due to many customers shopping. associates are well to get along with and some good team work. customers are tolerable mostly.
Great company
Sales Associate and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 4, 2018
This organization is people oriented, promotes work life balance. focus on leardership development and internal promotions. The culture improves daily with the focus on diversity and inclusion .
Its A Department Store
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 29, 2018
I Enjoy My Job , I Pick & Pack , Customer Service , I Work The Fitting Room (Enjoy Meeting People) Daily, I Work The Sales Floor , I Stock, Put New Items Out On The Floor, Its A Part-Time Job For Me.3 Nights A Week, U Can Pick Up Extra Hrs If U Like
Pros
Customer Service, Meeting New People, Learning New Things All Walks of Life
Cons
Cleanliness Of Bathrooms, Lounging Areas

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The TJX Companies, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

51.7K
41.7K
31.3K

Women's ratings

2.7Fairygodboss Score

67%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

44%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss