Play YouTube video button
The TJX Companies, Inc.
62Average
How has this company responded to COVID‑19?
Learn more

The TJX Companies, Inc. Employee Reviews for Customer Service Representative

Customer Service Representative281 reviews
United States281 reviews
Featured review
The TJX Companies, Inc. selected this as a representative review
TJX is an amazing company to work for. The culture is incredible.
The company truly cares about its employees. It is an amazing company to work for.
Pros
excellent management, execellent benefits
Cons
Depending on your location and state you reside, there may not be any TJX companies near by
The mainly hire African Americans who go to school at the college across the street. They are young, disrespectful and for lack of a better word, ghetto.

Very pushy with credit cards at an interest rate of 29.99 percent

After holidays they drop your hours to ten per week
Pros
Hours of operation
Cons
Management, pay, environment
it was good yeah it was good you know it was actually good like super good like all the time. Can you tell i cant be bothered to write this? But i have to because it wont let me continue otherwise
I really have nothing good to say about Tj maxx. The store pretty new and I’ve watched everyone quit throughout the last few months. Managers are a joke, they only care about credit cards and that’s it. There’s severe favoritism, racism and homophobia in this store. Kids right out of high school get promoted while day one adult associates get nothing. The managers talk about associates behind their backs but smile in your face. Don’t bother trying to make the store look good because they won’t tell you thank you or that you did a great job. The managers need an attitude check because everyone is walking about because they don’t know how to talk to people. All they do is complain about what’s not getting done. The store is way too short handed. Why don’t they instead of asking someone to do something, they do it instead of hiding in the office all day. They only schedule One cashier and expect other people on the floor (if any) to go help. How about hire some more people. The pay is poor and trust me it’s not worth working here. Maybe if you need gas money or pay a phone bill or something but if you’re an adult, look for another job. It’s a no for me.NEXT!
Your experience matters.
Help out others considering your employer. Rate your employer.
Challenging but well organized work invironment, a feeling of a team accomplishing the tasks at hand together. Fun store with a lot of things to offer in every department. Enjoyed working there.
Terrible place to work, no one cares for your well being. It's the most soul-sucking place to be. I started here in October 2019 as a seasonal worker.
TJ Maxx is a great place to work in if you're a college student, a first time worker, or someone in need of pocket change.

The hours are incredibly flexible and based on your availability, though they have their requirements too (like weekends/closing shifts), etc.

The pay could be better, but you get an increase every year and there is opportunity to grow, though it may depend on your willingness to move forward with the company.

The employee culture is incredibly diverse. Everyone gets along for the most part and employees look out for each other, especially when management can get troublesome. Management changes every 3 years, so adjusting to the newest Assistant Manager may be a hassle for some people.

And because management changes so often, you'll sometimes get someone you either really enjoy or really dislike.

The holiday season is the worst, starting from after Thanksgiving all the way through the New Year. Hours are long, management is stressed, there's too much merchandise and the store hours change to accommodate for the insanity. The worst part of the holiday is when it's over. Schedules get cut to accommodate for the holiday expenses, and you may find yourself with little to no days of work. This period only lasts up until March, but two months of working between 10-15 hours may be too much of a risk for some.

Full-timers get the usual benefits (retirement, health insurance, accumulative paid vacations, etc) while part-timers get some benefits (accumulated personal hours, sick hours & a retirement plan)

The most annoying thing is pushing their
 - more...
Working at HomeGoods is a very pleasant experience. Some days go by fast while others not so much. The best part about HomeGoods was that everyone who worked there is very friendly and willing to help. The management was AWESOME. It is honestly a shame that the pay is so bad, because I would consider working there for a long time and working towards an advancement, but with a rate of 9 dollars an hour, I could not afford to pay any of my bills. The worst part is that there are some weeks where you will only get scheduled for one or two days, which put a huge financial strain on me. I would only recommend this job to those who are financially secure and just want a little extra cash on the side, or teenagers who need a job that will work around school. As long as you don't expect this job to pay the bills, or expect any sort of promotion unless you are there for years, this is the job for you.
I enjoyed the retail experience I learned from it. It was an easy job and very flexible hours. Everyone was kind and I very much enjoyed the job I worked with who I worked with.
Working here was only okay because of the employees, But the customers are so rude for no reason. The managers stick you anywhere and pull you from where you are without thinking it through. If it says on your schedule that you'll be in layaway, be prepared to do that plus front end, maybe fitting room as well.
Pros
Free lunch sometimes (usually unhealthy)
Cons
Short breaks and no health benefits
Tjmaxx is an awful company to work for, you are over worked and under paid. They expect you to push credit cards and if you don't they will cut your hours as low as 4hrs a week or take you from your position and put you in the fitting room as punishment. People quit at a fast rate due to the stress and being mistreated. there was a 70% quitting rate this year aalonealone.Tjmaxxisanawfuplace to work for!
I worked for the TJMaxx in Magnolia/the Woodlands, tx for a little shy of a year. Save yourself the mental drain and dont work here! Almost ALL the managers are extremely rude and disrespectful to all their employees. Instead of switching out cashiers to let them have a break on holidays from customers, they keep the same few one register ALWAYS. Barely a 15 min break for 8+ hours of work. They are so desperate for the credit card sales, they make the cashiers or workers go hound customers on the floor to apply. Also most places say you'll get off at 10 then maybe take or give a min or two, maybe 30 mins. Here, most of the managers will keep you at the store 2-3 hours after the store closes, even if you have to open the next day. The amount of stress the managers put on you and work you have to do is NOT worth the low pay. Dont work here!
Customer service is the support you offer your customers — both before and after they buy and use your products or services — that helps them have an easy and enjoyable experience with you. ... Customer support is more than just providing answers; it's an important part of the promise your brand makes to its customers.
I am seasonal. Asked to work weekends only , because of Dr's appointments throughout the week. I'm disable so I have loads of Dr's appointments. I also prefer days as oppose to nights , because it is difficult for me to drive at night because of my eye disease, otherwise since it is only temp. I'm grateful to be working
Tiendas Marshall s es una compañia con muy buenos valores y cultura a trata a sua empleados con muchas politicas que le ayudan en el crecimiento laboral
TJ Maxx can be a fun environment to work especially when associates give proper customer sefvice experience to customers. It's all about the customer experience assisting customers with their purchases and ideas.
Pros
free parking
Cons
short breaks
Will work you to death. Let customers treat you like their personal slaves. They dont pay more than regular retail stores to be nice. You earn it. Good for young, pretty college girls, who seem to get any hours that they want.
Its a place that could use a better change & I learned great communication skills I would recommend for people to work for the company it's a place for young & old people to work it just wasn't the place for me
It a great place to work the only thing I didn't like was not getting a lot of hours to pay my bills. I enjoy working with my associate and they treated us right.
Love love working with this company. Great training..safe and fun place to be. Working the phones can be hard. But TJmaxx is very black/white. You don't ever have to question the values of the company. I look forward to growth and future with Tjmaxx.
Pros
Safe
Cons
Pay
This was my first part time job while completing high school. My learning experience in how to save money, spend and budget my expenses. I was happy to learn.