Play YouTube video button

Retail Sales Associate249 reviews
United States249 reviews
Featured review
The TJX Companies, Inc. selected this as a representative review
TJX is an amazing company to work for. The culture is incredible.
The company truly cares about its employees. It is an amazing company to work for.
Pros
excellent management, execellent benefits
Cons
Depending on your location and state you reside, there may not be any TJX companies near by
I love the fact that your always going to experience something new every shifts from the customers, merchandise and fellow staff. Very nice environment to work in.
After scheduled time is completed, we are staying after hours picking up fallen cloths, sorting items. On breaks, it is hard sometimes to get someone to replace you.
Pros
Free snacks, water, lunch on some occasion. Keeps bathroom clean.
Cons
Hard to get someone to be replace for breaks. Demanded to stay after scheduled hours for clean up
The best company to work. Flexible schedule. Great environment. Good co-workers. Great pay. Hard work. Communicative, friendly place. Great benefits. đź’–
It is a nice job to work in, nice people. What kills it is they barely provide hours, sometimes my paychecks for one week is $38. It's not a job that you can rely on to survive.
Pros
Activities for the workers
Cons
Not enough hours
TJX hires top-notch employees. They're all pleasant and enjoy selling their products. Teamwork is important. Employees who do not pull their weight are usually let go or quit. The remaining employees are super and the work environment is enjoyable.
Friendly Workers and nice work environment. Easy to learn and has a very clean work space. Management can use a bit of work but other than that its a good job.
Good for a starting job, but definitely a job to move on from in the future. The most negative aspects in my opinion were the organization of daily operations.
For me, working here was absolutely awful. I was a different age group than all my coworkers and my managers were all older women who weren't particularly fond of me for reasons I don't understand. I was kept in the beginning position for 11 months before finally complaining about always being assigned the first task I learned, and they trained me, but I found a better job shortly after and quit. The people I worked with were petty and bitter and complained about each other and management all the time. I always left work drained and feeling exhausted.
There are people from all around who shop at TJX Companies for all of there needs so there is usually an opportunity to get a job here. Good as a part-time job and also pays well (as far as wages and benefits go) for full-time. Personally I could never work retail more than 30 hrs./week, but to each their own. Mostly nice people and smiling faces. Not a bad gig.
When I started, it seemed great. Pretty okay pay considering the low position, not bad hours, and the people weren't the worst. After about six months of working there, I realized how rude and dishonest management was. I was once at my register and a man was being incredibly rude and making me visibly uncomfortable and an assistant manager as well as a coordinator were both just laughing at me instead of helping me out of that situation.
Pros
Free food sometimes
Cons
Horrible management, disgusting store
I would arrive after school and work all night. I was constantly on my feet running around doing things and helping customers. I personally didn't have much of a relationship with my co workers because they had their own cliques. I would work and go home. Paid well.
I got hired at $9.00 an hour when I was 16, no big deal I didn’t NEED the money but as I turned 17 I had more bills to pay and they give you a $1.00 raise after 6MONTHS of working there, not to mention if you’re even a minute late it gets counted and you have 12 tarries before you’re fired and the location I worked at was on one of the busiest streets in my city so it was incredibly hard to predict the traffic. TJMAXX did not care about their employees, I was stationed in the fitting room most of the time I worked there after complaining numerous times that it was painful for me because of my scoliosis which they were aware of , not only did they ignore that but I was also expected to stand there for 8+hours a shift with only a 15 minute break to sit down. The company is POOR, UNFAIR and borderline abusive.traffic,
This place is horrible they tell you you will get hours but you don't. HTey promotes only those who suck up and not those with merit. Management is rarely on the floor spending most of their time hiding out in the office. Promotions are there but do not get you much in pay raise just ALOT more responsibility.
I worked at a Marshall's as a retail associate. The hours were long, and we were usually understaffed. Managers would often ask me to stay after my shift ended to cover for employees who called out. The pay is low, and you had to deal with irate customers. Common customer complaints included long checkout lines, dirty restrooms, and ransacked departments.
Pros
Flexible Hours
Cons
Low Pay, Stressful Job, Crowded Store
I enjoyed working at TJX, but after a few months it got pretty stressful. The management is great, the associates are all friendly. The only problem I had with my job was that my scheduling was interfering with my time for school work.
Pros
Great management
Cons
Gets stressful after a while
It was fun to go to work in a store that had clothing and shoes to play with all day! It became too much to be in that back room receiving and opening large cartons of merchandise AND run to the front to be at the register AND help the fitting room to put the cloths back
Pros
A good first place for young people to start from
Cons
Not much future or pay increase
Easy job with weekly pay. Manager team was amazing along with coworkers. Can move up fast if you have good work ethic. They have fun days too when they bring in food and snacks. They really care about their workers and will do anything to motivate and watch them succeed.
Pros
Free lunches, flexibility, good break system
You work as a team to give the best experience for anyone coming in to the store. I really enjoyed the freedom I got when it came to expressing myself while at work. I really made me feel comfortable working there.
Great team members to work with. Management was ever- changing. You quickly feel the family atmosphere soon after starting. Not very much room for company advancement.
Easy work days even though it was during the holiday season. Some days were rougher than others, but overall it was not a challenge. Wanted more hours instead if having temp hours.