Play YouTube video button

Sales Associate875 reviews
United States875 reviews
Featured review
The TJX Companies, Inc. selected this as a representative review
TJX is an amazing company to work for. The culture is incredible.
The company truly cares about its employees. It is an amazing company to work for.
Pros
excellent management, execellent benefits
Cons
Depending on your location and state you reside, there may not be any TJX companies near by
This is a good first job. You will first start off on the register and your your way up. Once you have mastered the register, you will get the chance to work on the floor and in the back, Overall, the job is super simple. The environment is never bad, and the people there, especially my management team was very nice.
Pros
Free lunches, extra breaks
I loved it here if the position was longer than seasonal i would have definitely stayed. They also got paid every week, which was good. It, also, was the highest paying job i had been at during that time.
The flexibility is great, the work environment is mostly upbeat and can be exciting. However at this location their is favoritism in workplace in particularly in management.
Pros
Free snacks and job flexibility
Cons
Favoritism and poor management
Your experience matters.
Help out others considering your employer. Rate your employer.
Management could care less about you as a person, but as a body to get the job done. Gossiping among managers and employees. A lot of turn over. A lot of unfriendliness among employees. Management shows a lot of favoritism among employees. Just a lot of unprofessionalism in general in management.
Pros
Only worked part-time.Short commute to work
Cons
Just a toxic work environment
Working in Marshalls Shoe Shop I did receive some racist comment but beyond that everyone there always treated each other as family. There was never a day that went by that wasn't a good day. I am beyond honor to work for a great company.
They expect you to do the work of 10 for the check of one. Not only do the managers never side with their employees, they throw employees under the bus in order to make a customer happy.
Pros
You can work as many hours as you want
Cons
It's a super nice job that works with you to help out. A typical day is working around 6 hours on the register and cleaning up. It is hard to advance.
Pros
gree food and fun people
Cons
hard to advance placement
Everyone is super nice and caring. The hours you get per week just depends on what time of the year it is. It is very hectic during the holidays, other than that I love it!
This job is a great job they work around your schedule they help you grow they teach you everything they know staff is wonderful go servers are usually always happy
I really like shopping in Marshalls and TJ Max. I always got the help I needed. I also worked at Marshalls for Christmas. I really loved working there. I always got good feedback from my customers about how good of a helper and worker I am.
TJX has stood behind it's employees in the 2020 pandemic by paying their salaries for a month following the March 15, 2020 shutdown. Employees were furloughed with the ability to return to work once re-opening is in place. Good place for starting a career as well as promotion is from within. TJX is my pt fun gig which accompanies my ft job in community management. I enjoy working with my co-workers & managers in a great team environment!
Decent job ; only problem is it’s super hard to get a 30hr contract I’ve been there for 3 years and I’m still on 16h contract if u want a lot of hours work at a big tk max and the management are very strict it isn’t a fun working environment well I speak regarding my own store
This is a good part time occupation while in school as they will work with your schedule. The management is professional but there is little opportunity for quick advancement. There is automatically a raise after working there for 6 months.
They are only interested in profits and pressuring customers into getting the credit card.
Management constantly badgering employees to "have conversations" about the card to customers, If you don't, they WILL stop you from your work to force these conversations on customers. Also, if an employee discovers a missing product label or barcode is unreadable, you are told to "PUT IT BACK. Wait until a customer asks for help." Which becomes a bigger issue with a line of customers pilling up, and several need price checks, the few employees who can print new labels are swamped with customers of their own.
I worked with the company for a short time. I gained a lot of experience through the company. I would help the other associates on the floor and do various task on the floor
I worked at a brand new Marshalls. It was a fun environment, managers were amiable and helpful, lots of employee perks, free snacks, mandatory breaks, clean, pleasant work environment. The pay is very low, the average associate gets about 15 hours a week. Leads are full time, with more work and only $1.50 an hour extra. The main focus is selling TJX credit accounts at checkout.
Overall, I'd say i had a pretty good time working at T.J. Maxx. The people i worked with were more often than not fun to be around and were also good workers. That being said it was very difficult to move up in that store. Most times if you wanted to move up you would have to move cities.
Overall enjoyed working there , the managers where not up tight and where funny, enjoying people ,as same as the associates. Worked as a team to complete many task and communicated very well to get projects completed.
worked there just for the season, they nice and explain what you have to do. Easy tasks and you have to work fast but it’s good. I didn’t have any problem working there.
The good- Perfect for first job teens and you get paid weekly starting at like 940 an hour

The bad- can be alittle overwhelming with the schedule fit and sometimes the customer can be a bit overwhel