The TJX Companies, Inc. Employee Reviews

Found 3,340 reviews matching the search See all 4,693 reviews
Featured review
The TJX Companies, Inc. selected this as a representative review
The most enjoyable part of my job was working with and mentoring my associates.
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Carmel, INMay 25, 2018
I managed several low to mid-volume TJX locations over an 18 year period. Working as a Store Manager is very challenging work. One has to have the ability to juggle multiple tasks at once, all with the eye of simultaneously maximizing sales, pleasing your customer base, and pleasing your associates.
Pros
Upward mobility.
Cons
None.
Favoritism, No advancement. Bad Experience
Maint Tech (Former Employee) –  Pittston, PAMay 18, 2018
Hired as a Maintenance Technician. Upon entering the 2 weeks of training I was told that I shouldn’t have to be trained, since I’m a mechanic I should know all of this stuff already. So that was a warm welcome. Rude, Disgruntled employees who wouldn’t help me learn anything. If you need a job to get you through until you find something better, this will work. But just be careful. For some reason they are very rude to new people.
Pros
Good Hours
Cons
Very Low Pay, Long Days
Horrible
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, COMay 17, 2018
Plan on being covered in dirt, unloading trucks while being yelled at, unorganized chaos. Never able to complete a task. Poor training. Unresonable work hours
Pros
Cons
You name it
flexible
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 17, 2018
I love my coworkers. Management was very flexible with my college and colorguard schedule. I was there for almost five years, pay didn't show it. min wage was
$11.50 and I made $12.17
General daily review
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Menifee, CAMay 16, 2018
Although I worked here for a short time, I enjoyed the fast pace of the Holiday shopping environment at the store. My position as dressing room attendant was enjoyable as it was very busy. I enjoyed customer questions about our merchandise and clothing and Management was helpful is assisting me and answering my questions.
A typical shift included keeping dressing rooms clean, checking for security tags that had been removed, and maintaining general neatness within the entire dressing room section of the store. During slow periods, I reorganized any Holiday displays that were within sight of me area. Approached customers for questions or assistance they neede.
Pros
Employee discounts
Cons
difficult to keep the store neat doing Holiday frenzy.
Very nice staff and friendly coworkers
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Burlington, NCMay 16, 2018
We had a very familiar environment and we used to helped each other . Management were always making sure of safety of the employees and greeting customers to make a good experience for them durning shopping or visiting the store.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Low pay rate
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 15, 2018
They want you to live and breath the culture, thinking that it differs from other retailers. They want you to know every department before they promote you. Customers are the worst, being dirty, messy, and always wanting a discount. There are way too many shoplifters, and no loss prevention. Management could be a lot better, if anything, just understanding. All you do all day is clean up after people, watch people steal all day, and place product on the floor.
Cons
long hours, low pay, so much work. No life balance
Compete Compete Compete
Customer Experience Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCMay 15, 2018
If you've got strong selling skills then this is the place for you. TJ Maxx credit card sales are very important for this job if you will be operating a register, Overall it not a bad place to work. If youve never done retail before, its not hard to learn the skills required.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
ability to move up not always available
A great experience
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLMay 15, 2018
This is a good company to work for. You end up learning different aspects of retail and you interact with many different people from Co workers and customer service
Pros
The ability to do learn different things
Cons
The maternity leave
Ok place to work
Technical Analyst (Current Employee) –  Marlborough, MAMay 14, 2018
TJX is an ok place to work. Has ok benefits. The people are nice. Flexibility is dependent on manager. Vacation time is old school.

Management ok
Learned basics
Work place culture ok
Structured and comfortable workplace
TJ Maxx Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Council Bluffs, IAMay 14, 2018
Although I was not at TJ Maxx an incredibly long time due to schooling, the time spent working for this company was productive, and structured, as well as able to allow me to increase skills. The customers often added personality to the workplace and the staff for the most part were trained up the the correct standards.

Want to know more about The TJX Companies, Inc.?

Ask a question
Good work/life balance
Employee (Current Employee) –  MassachusettsMay 14, 2018
Good work/life balance

Preference for bringing in outside talent versus promotion from within for certain areas

Advancement potential limited in certain areas
Good Company
Engineering Manager, Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Framingham, MAMay 13, 2018
TJX is a good company with nice gyms in three buildings and a wonderful cafeteria with Starbucks and am I up to 150 words yet? Guess not... here are a few more.....
Pros
Nice cafeteria
Cons
Politics
Cashiers
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Iowa City, IAMay 13, 2018
I was help people with all the kind of thing that help the company to growth higher en belfing good relationship with costumer that help as to give everyone what they need
Not a bad place to work
Unloader/Stocker (Current Employee) –  Islandia, NYMay 12, 2018
TJ Maxx is a great company to work for friendly coworkers. Good working hours pay can be a little better great discount and a good working environment
Over all a good place to work
Service Desk Facilitator - MIM Team (Current Employee) –  Marlborough, MAMay 12, 2018
TJX restructured and outsourced their entire IT department leading to layoffs across multiple departments.
Overall it was a great place to work with great people.
Floor Associate (part-time) (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAMay 12, 2018
Great place to work, Nice life balance for retirees. Hours are great. During the time I was there, there were too many managers coming and going. I learned how to set-up displays, distribute and organize departments according to their standards.
Productive fun place to work
TJ Maxx Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Westminster, COMay 12, 2018
Working here was extremely fun. You learned a lot about the company and business etiquette. I rarely had issues, expect for scheduling. Lack of hours push most people away.
Fast Paced
Clerical, Problem Solver, and Attribute (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 11, 2018
I had to enter inventory information, write up damaged merchandise, assign and complete work, conduct inventory, and problem solve merchandise. I learned about SCAN, problem solving, and inventory. The supervisors and managers always pushed me to do my best. The workplace was very diverse and there was sometimes a language barrier that caused the need for a translator. The hardest part of the job was keeping up with the demand in peak season. The most enjoyable part was the people.
Pros
Helping the associates
Cons
The hours
Productive and busy workplace
TJ Maxx Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Metairie, LAMay 11, 2018
A typical day at Tj Maxx for me is working as a cashier, help out in jewelry and recover the beauty department. I usually do all 3 things in 1 day. The hardest part of the job would be how extremely busy it can get.
Pros
Flexible schedule, fun work place
Cons
short breaks
people focused
DC Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 10, 2018
Flexibility to manage your area as you see fit.
Overall company is generous.
2x a year they give you classes for development
production goals are achievable

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The TJX Companies, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

51.5K
41.5K
31.2K

Ratings from women

3.0InHerSight Score

2.6Personal Development

3.8Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight