The TJX Companies, Inc. Employee Reviews

Found 3,732 reviews matching the search See all 5,181 reviews
Featured review
The TJX Companies, Inc. selected this as a representative review
The culture of the company is amazing.
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Chula Vista, CAJuly 27, 2018
TJX is an amazing company to work for. The culture is incredible.
The company truly cares about its employees. It is an amazing company to work for.
Pros
excellent management, execellent benefits
Cons
Depending on your location and state you reside, there may not be any TJX companies near by
Na
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 18, 2019
It is a good, to work for. They do good training n provides good benefits, train their workers to the fullest of their potential. If you are looking to
Productive and great place to work!
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  1835 Ventura Blvd, Oxnard, CA 93030July 18, 2019
The workplace has it's up and downs, but it has given me qualified customer service and lots of retail training. The environment was a great place to work in and the associates were pretty cool to work with.
Too much hierarchy and like minded people
Human Resources Business Partner - Strategic HR (Former Employee) –  Framingham, MAJuly 17, 2019
There were some smart folks but they do not let you run, take your time, follow the hierarchy and do not point out faults. Things take a long time to change and they could be served well to diversify their workforce a bit more.
if you like being treated like a child, go for it
Product Development Specialist (Former Employee) –  Framingham, MAJuly 17, 2019
Absolutely no trust in their employees, and work you to death. Highly do not recommend. They also continually employ awful people and promote them to managers and then wonder why all of their young employees with enough self respect leave weekly.
Great Starting Job
Merchandise Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Gillette, NJJuly 17, 2019
There are days where it's difficult, and there are days where it's slow, but the job prepared you for any instances. Good to those wanting to start their work ethic. I enjoyed my time working from associate to full time coordinators, managers got along really well and so did the associates. Unfortunately the pay was one of the deciding factors to part with the company, as lifting heavy furniture and constantly being on your toes wasn't equal to the amount of pay being received.
Good place to work!
Loss Prevention Investigator (Former Employee) –  FloridaJuly 17, 2019
Overall good place to work with plenty of advancement opportunities. Pay is not very high but you feel like a valued employee. I can't complain much about my time there.
Fun and team based work environment
Retail Associate (Former Employee) –  Avondale, AZJuly 17, 2019
You work as a team to give the best experience for anyone coming in to the store. I really enjoyed the freedom I got when it came to expressing myself while at work. I really made me feel comfortable working there.
Upper management not so good but 100
Reciever (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INJuly 16, 2019
Great work environment for young and or small family’s three day work week with option overtime pays can reach well over 1000 A week for dedicated individuals
Customer satisfaction and efficiency
Marshalls Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 15, 2019
Overall optimistic working team, a positive and uplifting environment. As soon as I walk through the doors all of my coworkers greet me and make me feel invited, just as our goal is to make our customers feel invited. We all work together to get the job done. Everyone is understanding of each other so there’s never a moment of miscommunication.
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJuly 15, 2019
Great place to work, The ability to merchandise with creativity and freedom is inspiring. I would highly recommend due to work life balance as well...
Productive workplace, great people, good environment
RETAIL MARKETING INTERN (Former Employee) –  Framingham, MAJuly 15, 2019
I enjoyed my internship tremendously! Great company to work for. Good energy, given tasks and challenges everyday. Productive work environment, but also friendly.
Unorganized and unprofessional
Sorter/Packer (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 11, 2019
Unorganized and unprofessional. I wouldn't recommend anyone to work at TJX because the system they are trying to work is not working to get production so their frustration goes out on the workers. Supervisors are not trained.
Enjoyable
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Monticello, MNJuly 11, 2019
I enjoyed working there. I liked working with my managers and associates. I loved my job kept me busy. the store was always clean. There was always positive co workers and no drama.
A fun environment to work
Customer Service Support (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAJuly 9, 2019
TJ Maxx can be a fun environment to work especially when associates give proper customer sefvice experience to customers. It's all about the customer experience assisting customers with their purchases and ideas.
Pros
free parking
Cons
short breaks
Managers are awful
Customer Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Newton, MAJuly 8, 2019
I can’t even begin to express my irritation for the grueling position that is being an associate for TJX. Managers did NOTHING as they stay inside their officers all day gossiping about others. Occasionally they will walk around and watch people, but hardly ever do work themselves. Our general store manager isn’t even there half the time and is too busy trying to brag about how much more he makes compared to everyone else here. Atmosphere is awful when 95% of the associates hide in the fitting rooms and break room on their phones and leave a messes everywhere, which left me to clean up other people’s mess. Pay was awful for the amount of work I had to do. They expect you to have everyone sign up for their credit card and when you don’t get one, they’ll cut your hours. I ended up being sick and tired of walking through those doors feeling like I’m worthless. Poor experience overall.
Discrimates against older workers has favorites
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Athens, GAJuly 7, 2019
Will work you to death. Let customers treat you like their personal slaves. They dont pay more than regular retail stores to be nice. You earn it. Good for young, pretty college girls, who seem to get any hours that they want.
fun work environment
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Gastonia, NCJuly 6, 2019
Great team members to work with. Management was ever- changing. You quickly feel the family atmosphere soon after starting. Not very much room for company advancement.
I love my job
Sorter (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 6, 2019
I love my job and I wish they would call me back. I'll go back because the manager was nice and my supervisor was very friendly. They are very understanding when it comes to business
Does not pay well for what you are responsible for
JEWELRY DEPARTMENT SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJuly 6, 2019
Stressful and low paying; just recently started paying new hired employees higher pay- insulting to existing employees who took yrs to make that amount
Harassing management/micro
Retail Processor (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJuly 5, 2019
Micromanaging to the point of harassment..... low qualified management put in place by original team who was removed by corporate for reasons unknown,
Pros
Cons
Low pay, low morale, too corporate

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The TJX Companies, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

51.6K
41.6K
31.3K

Ratings from women

3.0InHerSight Score

2.5Personal Development

3.8Career Opportunities

2.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight