The Toro Company
70Above average

The Toro Company Employee Reviews

United States106 reviews
Flexible working hours
At the Toro Company, they offer good benefits such as a good 401K plan, medical benefits and flexible hours. I do believe however, that the management is not that great.
Pros
Good people to work with
Cons
Poor management
No recomendable
Los trabajadores parecemos esclavos.Los supervisores dentro de la compañía son intocables.Si se presenta un problema empleado-supervisor siempre sale ganando los supervisores.Si le caes mal al supervisor te cambian de línea a su antojo,pero si uno quiere cambiarse no te quieren dejar porque dicen que provocaría el caos.HR no cumple con su labor.Y el sindicato gana más de 50K al año a costa de los cheques de los trabajadores y no resuelve ningún problema
Quality of Life at Toro was exceptional on the team I was at. They provided training and accommodations for all level of developers.

Culture was fun and management progressed in the time I was there. There were barriers, but what large organization doesn't

Cons, NONE
It was just ok
Thankful for the opportunity but the culture it’s not great. Leadership yells at employees and do not encourage them to give their opinions. They didn’t offer a lot of training and the processes were very manual, at least for my activities
At the Toro company I was content with the job.
When I worked at The Toro Company I received a lockable wage, and consistent hours. The only problems I had were the long hours of no change in activity, along with the location being far from my home.0
Pros
Consistent hours
Cons
Bad location, bad working environment
Your experience matters.
Help out others considering your employer. Rate your employer.
A very employee orientated company.
I enjoyed working at Toro for 12 years. I was able to be a part of many interesting and challenging projects. The company is very employee orientated.
Great Culture, yet resistant to change
Great people and solid culture. The company is overdue for many changes but soiled where departments/divisions compete against one another.

The culture is trusting as a plus but advancement or rotational assignments are frowned upon.
Challenging, but supportive environment
The area I worked in was extremely fast paced and ever changing. This caused frustrations and tentions but the team rallies together and is very supportive across roles. Very sad to leave the team. Compensation is good but can sometimes appear to be not equal to male counterparts.
Pros
Benefits, team atmosphere
Cons
life work balance
Racism at it's finest!
I was let go because of my "attitude" after I didn't jump up on my "10 minute break" to follow a supervisor's orders. Even though I did it immediately after break and was only not in the breakroom because someone kicked me and they told me I was making a big deal out of nothing. I also had prior family obligations that I informed the supervisor of well in advance but told that absenteeism was also a reason. You get 15 points I had two(for family emergencies and the fact I didn't receive my paycheck for 3 weeks). They offer classes for advancement but pick those they want to take them. Only 2 black people in the whole place, shop or office.
Productive workplace
I supervised a great team. We produced a quality product efficiently and on schedule. The team spirit was very strong and we were a tight group. Highly recommend.
Honestly a good place to work, i genuinely liked going into work
It's a great place, the people are all kind. However, my best advice, observe the culture and adapt to it. Do not, by any mans, try to stand out. Do your job and do it well, you're gonna be good.
Great place to work with a cafe and workout center
Great office environment. Great place to work with a cafe and workout center. 100+ year old company. Easy place location to get to, close to the interstate and airport.
Good work/life balance but dead weight could be trimmed
Family is put first. From illness to new babies. The family before work culture is very evident. The main negative I saw at Toro is there are quite a few people that have been there for 20 years that aren't doing much anymore and should be trimmed off.
Productive and Fun place to work.
Always busy lots of overtime. Great people to work with. The hardest part of the job is busy season March-October. Management is good lack of supervisors.
Great cafeteria
They like to talk about their company values a lot, but there isn't a lot of follow through with some of their lofty goals. Management seems to be hesitant to make decisions in a lot of cases.
Pros
Great cafeteria
Cons
A lot of people have been there too long and are not very productive
Racist people working there!!
Very unfair and racist, mechanic supervisor dont tolerate hispanic people, me knowing both language and speaking perfect he fired me cus it feel him bad
I still think it's a good company, even though I got laid off
After almost 20 years I was recently laid off from Toro after it's acquisition of CMW. You would think that I would be very negative about Toro because of that, but I'm not. I still think it's a great place to work and would go back in a heartbeat if I could.

One thing to differentiate between these reviews are the ones from the office workers vs the manufacturing plants. While the corporate culture is great, it seems at the manufacturing level sometimes there are breakdowns in oversight that allows bad apples in supervisory positions.

Was everyone at the corporate office perfect? No, but after almost 20 years I only had one bad manager in that whole time, (he jumped ship with less than one year there). There were some very poor managers who most of us peons couldn't understand how they kept their jobs, but none of them were the abusive types, just borderline incompetent.

Pros:

Great culture - Easy going with awesome support for community activities, work/family balance, and more.

Adequate pay/benefits - while everyone thinks they should get paid more, it was probably on par for most manufacturing companies.

Summer hours - from Memorial Day through Labor Day you have the option to work 10 hours each Mon-Thur, and then 4 on Fri and be gone by noon. That was great.

Casual environment - wear jeans and a flannel shirt to the corporate office. Not enough companies in the world like that.

Work from home - While not an official policy, there were many managers who were okay with you working from home. I did it many times during bad weather or when I had a bad
 - more...
Productive and good place to work
I have formed some valuable relationships with people in Toro. Job advancement can be challenging. Company hires more from outside and because of retention. Its hard for promotions. Work culture is great, people are great. I enjoyed working for Toro.
Customer and product driven company
A fast paced customer service driven environment. Multiple product lines and a very diverse customer base, with dealers and distributors all over the world.
Pros
The diversity of daily events
Cons
Lack of advancement
ok work environment
The people are great, the building has been in a constant state of under construction for years to update the office space and cafeteria. It should be nice when all the construction is complete.
Great Workplace, Good Guiding Principals and Values
I enjoy the company I work for, amazing management. Excellent pay and benefits, good work environment and atmosphere. There is a heavy call volume during summer months, due to us handling irrigation systems. It decreases to a very slow pace during winter, which allows for you to complete other tasks,and check out the other departments, and what they handle. It is a great place to grow, and I love the diversity.
Pros
Monthly Potlucks
Cons
Paid Semi-montly
Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Toro Company. Our community is ready to answer.
Ratings from women
InHerSight Score
3.3Personal Development
3.8Career Opportunities
2.8Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight