The Toro Company Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Great Company
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, MNJuly 6, 2018
Work at Toro is well structured and balanced. It is filled with great people who strive to help others. Sometimes things may move slow, but the conservative nature at Toro is a factor for success.
a nice place to work. A little old school however.
MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNJune 27, 2018
A lovely company with a great brand. Great people work there, and they never leave....so that says something about the company! What I will say is that they are not up with the times when it comes to innovation, and because folks never leave and go on to other job, Toro doesn't get new thinking in the door, which keeps them perpetually behind their competitors.
Great company
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Windom, MNJune 24, 2018
Great company and very good management.pay is very good for the area I just moved so I could live with my dad otherwise I would of stayed at Toro making good money yearly raises
Productive place where everyone is a friend
Quality Engineer Intern (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNApril 25, 2018
Everyone is wanting you to succeed. Their is competition, but in a more friendly manner. The company definitely invests time into the kind of culture that they want their company to have.
Fast paced environment and high stress.
Inventory Control Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Windom, MNApril 20, 2018
A typical day involved cycle counting analysis, review of engineering change orders, Analysis of SAP transactions for history regarding problem parts that arise.
Pros
Great working environment and loved the people I worked with.
Cons
High stress and minimal management supervision
Plant Financial Manager (Current Employee) –  Tomah, WIMarch 22, 2018
Nice people, good work environment, opportunities for advancement, fair pay, overall a very good employer. I would recommend this company for first-time job seekers.
Pros
Fair pay, good work-family balance
Cons
Plant locations are in small midwest towns
I was hired for my license.
Master Electrician (Former Employee) –  Windom, MN 56101February 27, 2018
This plant could not produce 220 volts because intrenched management styles. I was legally notorized to this plant per Minnesota electrical code but not allowed to use my expertise.
Pros
Benefit package
Cons
Professional courtesy
Good job
Assembler/Crating (Former Employee) –  Tomah, WIFebruary 10, 2018
Fast paced work environment. Nice group of people to work with. Strict attendance policy. Good benefits, Overall decent job. 90% of the 6 years of employment was good.
fast pace
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAJanuary 29, 2018
enjoyed assembling light fixtures it was part time and needed full time employment. My superviser at the time was very helpful and always available to answer any questions i had regarding light fixtures.
Operations Manager, North Value Streams (Former Employee) –  Shakopee, MNJanuary 29, 2018
Very good company to work for. Encourage work / family life balance. They do not offer bonuses for middle management, which I would have liked for them to change. Overall a very good company and I enjoyed working there.
Pros
23 years of growth and employee discounts
Cons
No bonus at middle management level
I worked at Toro on a temporary contract assignment.
Supplier Quality Engineer (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, MNJanuary 21, 2018
I was on a contract assignment while at Toro and thus my assignment was somewhat limited and very structured. The management style is fairly "old school" but they are trying to make changes (become more progressive). I have been treated fairly.
harassment all around
Temporary Employee (Former Employee) –  Tomah, WIJanuary 10, 2018
I was a temp working with manpower for toro. I was not there long and I had guys constantly finding me on facebook, handing me their phone numbers, and saying the most nasty harassment comments to me. I turned these guys in to toro and toro did nothing, when I turned them in to manpower I got let go from my job that exact same day.
Pros
Cons
not a female friendly place to work
Good Steady Work
Information Services Specialist (Current Employee) –  Tomah, WIJanuary 10, 2018
Always busy. No lack of work to do. Many challenging opportunities. Company keeps expanding in the area. They keep buying other companies that compliment the current products.
Great wages
Welder/Fabricator (Former Employee) –  Shakopee, MNJanuary 2, 2018
Toro was a great place for me to work at! I worked at the Shakopee plant. I had opportunity to advance and was provided with excellent training out of state in Robotics. If you care about quality and work hard management will reward you. The union was great to me, they will fight for you. It can be hard on your family life if you get stuck on 3rd shift. May take years to qualify for first. Pay is great. Insurance is pricey. 401K is excellent, with stock options.
Pros
Pay, 401K, Coworkers, Union.
Cons
Hours/shift, Insurance price.
most unorganized place I have ever worked at.
assembler (Current Employee) –  Iron Mountain, MINovember 29, 2017
start with a meeting, supervisor basically stands there an says..I got nothing. Need to brown nose or join the union to fit in. code of conduct a Joke.
Pros
health care
Cons
a clicky place, poor management
Worked at Boss Snow Plow, easy and rewarding.
At Boss Plows (Former Employee) –  Iron Mountain, MINovember 10, 2017
Great place to work if you are willing to work! Friendliest and most resourceful Human Resources Team ever! Unionized enviornment with fair fringe benefits but lots of all you can eat lunches and donuts and still have not seen generosity ever like that!
Pros
Free lunches, awesome coworkers, laid back supervisors
Cons
No advancement, low pay for welding, not climate controlled
It’s An OK place to work I guess
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Iron Mountain, MINovember 6, 2017
Working at iron mountain facility you are forced to do 6 months of flex force (just a pay check no benefits at all). If you don’t get laid off which happens a lot you have to go through another 6 months of probation for union. You get 3 paid breaks which is a positive and they don’t force you to work a lot of hours. The work environment is extremely depressing at stressful your always being watched and do the same thing everyday. Not aloud to have music or anything like that at all. Most of management has no idea how to do any jobs but just read checklists creates a lot of questioning and aggravated employees. Micromanaging is very present there and can be stressful as your supervisor is always breathing down your back. Pay isn’t the greatest either. Overall not worst place I’ve ever worked but something needs to be changed about management.
Pros
Paid lunches works not too hard at all
Cons
Management and depressing work environment.
Fast paced, very involved company... very proud facility
Assembler/Production (Former Employee) –  Tomah, WIOctober 28, 2017
I worked at Toro for over 3 years. It was a very fast paced job in assembly. The employees all have a lot of pride in their work even if they tend to complain about the little things. I was very impressed with everyone's ability to thrive like a family. People would tend to help each other out and push each other to get better. The work could be stressful at times but we always found ways to make the day fly by and ease the stresses of the workday. Management always tried to find ways to improve the flow and also people's morale. I am very proud to say I was an employee there.
Pros
Cafe, great benefits, plenty of time with family in summer.
Cons
Stressful at times, inconsitent work hours.
Weird mix of good and evil
Lead Information Security Analyst (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNOctober 15, 2017
A lot of great folks, but strategically-placed morons and cut-throat wannabes soured the mix. Toro hasn't yet stepped into the 21st century, and is on a long, slow death march. Stay away.
Toro
Electrical Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNOctober 9, 2017
My time was spent working on multiple projects. Gained lots of valuable intern experience. Great work environment and people to work with. Would recommend.