The Training Associates

Working at The Training Associates: 44 Reviews

traveltrainingcompanytimepeopleworkenjoyworking

Available to answer questions, but does not hover

I enjoyed my time here. Had people available to review projects and keep things on track. Could not keep you continually busy. Everyone was nice though.

Great company

A lot of opportunities to work with Big Tech companies, in a fast paced environment

Pros

Pay is competitive

The Training Associates insights

What people like
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Ability to learn new things

Excellent! Can’t wait for another.

Worked for TTA for two years on a big project. Hundreds of us. I never felt lost in the shuffle. Was really hoping TTA would’ve scored more of these large scale projects, but to each is own.Still a good contractor to work through.

Pros

Travel Funding for those who needed it

Cons

Some projects can take you away for long stretches.

Gossip ridden non stop turn over and feels reckless

A disturbing lack of black employees and POC, especially in leadership. There is not one black employee at TTA.Ownership is obsessed with Republican and pro-life value systems. Be warned that tolerance is not tolerated. Anti abortion pro Catholic family-owned business. Nonstop poorly managed business decisions.

Pros

TTA is working hard to keep the lights on .

Cons

Micromanagement, Outdated

Great Training Experieince!

The Training Associates provided great support for training staff and personnel. As a trainer, I was provided the opportunity to serve a variety of clients and work on great projects and was given great support to fulfill my commitments.

Fantastic Company to work for!

I have worked for TTA for more than 6 years and since the day that I joined the company I have felt it was the best decision I have ever made in my career. The culture is open & honest and we certainly work hard and have fun while doing so. Our CEO give us the direction and tools that we need to succeed in our job and mange our teams successfully! We have an amazing group of talent at TTA and we continue to grow our team with the best there is & that fit our company culture! I look forward to being a part of this organization for many years to come!

Great Place to Work!

I've been working with TTA for some time and I can honestly say it gets better and better. The team is so encouraging and there is a sense of family here. The workplace culture is like no other and everyone's achievements are celebrated. The most enjoyable part of my job is the collaborative spirit that all the different departments have and Maria, the CEO, is the biggest proponent of new ideas and trying new things. Such an incredible place to work!

Worst company I ever worked for

Erratic CEO, constantly firing and hiring friends/family. A real us vs. them culture for anyone that does not have a thick Boston accent. Highly political. Really a joke of an organization.

Don't waste your time

Promotions are based on who is liked and not who has the best skill set. I realized that when I expressed interest in a new position, was turned down and told (QUOTE), "Maybe you should start saying hi to people in the hallway." I'm a quiet person by nature. That comment alone soured my view of the company.

Worked as a Contractor

High profile assignments with global organizations; extremely professional environment. Great company to work with! I had the opportunity to work with a team of Talent Development Professionals in NYC on the largest system conversion project in Wall Street history. All of The Training Associates' staff were consummate professionals. Upon system certification, I returned to Houston, TX to Lead training for six weeks for a group of 12 Senior Financial Advisors managing multi-million dollar portfolios.

Scamnees. Did not pay me for my work!

Scammers. Am going to have to sue them. I worked for them for a month. Did not get paid. Going to sue these people.. the company was unstable and so is TTA. SCAMMERS.

Cons

They pay bet 30 and do not always pay at all.

Great Company

TTA allows the contractor to not only train in their own manner or style but encourages them to do so. This company promotes you for potential full time hire.

Pros

Lots of travel

Cons

Lots of travel

Managers were fair & accomodating. They tried to be understanding and cared about your well-being. Helped you find resources for any challenges you encountered.

Great company!

In the name of progress, my department was eliminated. But I only have a favorable view of the company. It's very dynamic, there's no moss growing anywhere. I wish them all the best.

Pros

Supportive, hard working, but fun, family atmosphere

Cons

Except for management, each role is specific, so there were rare job changes

Contract Trainer

I really enjoyed this job and got to see the US. This job was 100% travel so getting married and having a need to be home more often was the only reason I didn't continue working here.

Pros

Excellent pay, travel to different cities

Cons

Not enough time at home

Excellent working relationship. I have had a relationship with them stretching more than 9 years. During that time I have worked with multiple project managers.

Enjoyed working with TTA

Delivered training in virtual and face to face environments. Gave me flexibility to travel and do things I wanted to do, but my personal responsibilities have changed and I need to find permanent employment.

Pros

Flexibility with schedule

Cons

No benefits or paid time off

Tremendous Opportunity

For the company to grow. This is a very competitive and at times, aggressive culture. Having tenacity and thick skin really will help the right potential candidate.

Under very stressful circumstances TTA successfully executed changes on the fly

Working in a high stress environment TTA was able to execute a mine filled conversion project. Most of the brokers and admin assts were reluctant to change trading and operations systems. Through trail, error and patience on both side this transition was successfully completed in the allotted time frame.

Pros

retain airline miles and hotel points

Cons

personality conflicts with brokers

Challenging, competitive

My role as a trainer was very competitive as a contract trainer. I had to compete to be able to train new applications and travel. However travelling always a plus as well as learning.

Pros

Travel, pay

Cons

No benefits

Live to Train

The Training Associates has multiple contracts where you can grow as an individual and trainer by learning a new skill or industry. They are supportive and try to accommodate you with your schedule.

Pros

Good contracts

Cons

Too many fees pertaining to travel

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Training Associates. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.8 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

4.2
InHerSight Score
4.0Personal Development
4.4Career Opportunities
4.1Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight