The Transition House Inc. Employee Reviews

Don't ever apply here
Corrections Technician (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 15, 2018
Staff are horrible...they come up all kinds of lies to get the inmates sent back. The director steals the inmates money and all. This place sucks due to the snow y selfish employees. They treat the inmates like per dogs and rarely are reasonable with the inmates..this place needs to be shut down badly.
Cons
Staff sucks
Excellent
Counseling Internship (Former Employee) –  Saint Cloud, FLMay 9, 2018
A great entity to work for. The population is diverts and a wealth of knowledge is imparted. Working with the entity help to broaden individuals working in the counseling field horizon.
Pros
Heavy workload
Cons
Gain knowledge
Average day
Employment Specialist (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 13, 2018
The Transition House is a great place to work, but pay raises are not happening. Atypical work day can be stressful but that is with any job. There are a few downs to the job but it's nothing major. Staff is very welcoming and can be fun.
Horrible place to work: avoid at all costs.
Corrections Officer (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMarch 27, 2018
If you want to be treated like an inmate, which they do so illegally I might add, go ahead.
Management is comprised of washed up alcoholics with chips on their shoulders. The company has admittedly stolen money from inmates, will abuse them, and falsify documents to have them sent back to prison if upper management doesn't "like" them.
The pay isn't worth the complete nonsense you'll deal with. Move on from this company, and avoid. The turnover rate is ridiculous.
Pros
Cons
Everything but the inmates
Wonderful staff.
Medical Billing Director (Former Employee) –  Saint Cloud, FLMarch 25, 2018
I really enjoyed my time while working for the company. The workflow, the staff, and as well as the clients kept me on the edge of my seat. I do wish I had more time to complete a few other goals. However, I am grateful to be moving on to the next chapter.
Rewarding and Heart breaking at the same time
Correctional Technician (Current Employee) –  Bartow, FLMarch 15, 2018
You are dealing with prison inmates on a daily basis and this can cause a very stressfull and conflicting day. a lot of paperwork and constant running all day long. Not a job for someone with a soft heart and looking for advancement.
Pros
Good Health Benefits
Cons
Long hours, Not much in the form of team work, Hours of stress.
Great experience, helpful colleagues, a professionally laid back environment.
Counselor and Overnight Technician (Former Employee) –  St. Cloud, FLFebruary 13, 2018
I worked at The Transition House Inc. for just under a year as an overnight technician and eventually a counselor before deciding to be a full time doctoral student of psychology. Had I not made the decision to go back to school, I would still be working at this site. The clinical supervisor was MORE than helpful and accommodating to clients and counselors. He looked to make much needed changes and constantly reiterated the importance of workplace collectivism. From the CEO, to HR, to the clinical team, and the housing department and residential assistant, I can honestly say I haven’t had a better workplace experience and was always able to receive feedback and guidance from all departments, especially the clinical team. The clients, regardless of their presenting problems were also a pleasure to work with. It can be chaotic at times, but you will never have a dull day! Two points of feedback: I wish that they had more paychoeducational opportunities for the inpatient facility. This would help the Interns, counselors who have recently graduated, and counselors looking to achieve continued education-but most importantly, it helps the clients. Secondly, the pay is not the greatest, but in comparison to many other facilities of this nature it isn’t much different at all. It is a GREAT place to gain exposure to the addiction, veteran, and homeless population as well as other co-occurring diagnoses. The CEO has a genuine and transparent vision of the help he wants to be provided for the Veterans and clients and is not afraid to tell you if your actions or lack thereof do not align  more... with that vision. Some may call him mean, I call him real.  less
Pros
Experience through exposure, helpful staff, the clients
Cons
Not many psychoeducational opportunities, although some are provided through collaboration with their outpatient facility.
Run away
Facility Director (Former Employee) –  St. CLOUD, FLJanuary 15, 2018
I will say it was good in its own way. I learned somethings but no sense of direction, current clinical director does not know the job at all and let's staff run over him. There is no room for growth there at all and the way the CEO treats his employees, and clients is very unethical.
Pros
None at all
Seems okay
Substance Abuse Counselor (Current Employee) –  FloridaDecember 22, 2017
I just started so i will get back to you. After meeting with the director i feel it's going to be exciting. But i will have to give it 30 days and grey back to you
Lack of teamwork and Poor Management
Counselor (Former Employee) –  Saint Cloud, FLDecember 11, 2017
The lack of team work from the staff is jaw dropping. It was every counselor for themselves and the only thing that matter was their little pay. The clients were the only thing keeping me working as hard as I did. Their care and compassion was more then the staff. No one has anyone's back. its ridiculous. Don't ask for help because you will not get it.
Pros
Free lunch, clients were great
Cons
No PTO unless a year, lack of Management and team work. Selfish staff, Overworked and underpaid!
Don’t work here! Former employee
Counselor (Former Employee) –  Starke, FLNovember 30, 2017
Terrible management. If you want too get stabbed in the back, this is the place. If you want too be successful, please go elsewhere. You don’t get any overtime and you definitely work more than 8 hours a day. You can’t count on anyone else besides yourself Bc they will screw you over!
Pros
Not any that I can think of. Actually, I enjoyed running groups and some of the clients are there for real help.
Cons
No breaks, no PTO or sick time until one year!!
ok place to work
tech (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLNovember 22, 2017
it is what it is you have to deal with a lot of BS it could be a better place to work if they staff was more friendly and loved to work everyone does there own thing and there is no team play it every man for them self.
Not good place
Correctional Officer (Former Employee) –  Bartow, FLNovember 9, 2017
Unless you like getting stabbed in the back would not recommend alot of drama with staff members alot of crocked stuff going on with company people stealing money
Pros
Schedule
Cons
If you did not get to take lunch break they would still adjust it out health insurance expensive
All in all I would not recommend. Find a better place!
counselor asst. (Former Employee) –  saint cloud floridaAugust 20, 2017
I thought I would be helping people here but it seems like that was not happening. The clients were being taken for as much money they could get. The staff was judgemental and difficult to get along with. I would not recommend working here and I also heard going to be shut down.
Pros
free lunches and snacks
Cons
ignorant people to work with the staff.
Great place with Opportunities good staff and upper management
Correction Officer (Current Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLMay 24, 2017
Great place to start a career in corrections and move up from there and move into what you wanna do in your career, either to juvenile or anything with security.
Great bosses, not great growth opportunity
Electronic Monitor Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLJanuary 26, 2017
This job is great, the director and assistant director are wonderful bosses. They are caring and helpful and have a great open door culture that makes you feel welcome. However, and through no fault of their own, the environment is not great. The program is in talks of being shut down and their is very little room or opportunity for growth and development. Also, the rest of the staff is not reliable and sometimes it is required to do the work 2-3 people.
Pros
Free lunch, dinner and snacks, amazing bosses
Cons
Benefits, program shutting down
Avoid at all costs
Correctional Technician (Former Employee) –  Tarpon Springs, FLJuly 8, 2016
Move along. The company itself is okay at best but this location is a complete disaster. There is a complete and utter lack of leadership, responsibility, cleanliness, and more.
A lot of broken promises made. To get anything done is worse than having your teeth pulled.
Handling the inmates was the easiest part of the job.
Pros
Plenty of days off
Cons
Everything else