The Tranzonic Companies Employee Reviews

Leadership leaves a lot to be desired
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNMay 5, 2019
Production manager only cares about numbers, lacks people skills (two-faced), and harbors a poor attitude towards 2nd and 3rd shifts. The work itself is fairly easy and can become monotonous. The majority of day shift treats the other shifts with disrespect and disregard. Very high turnover on the off shifts. Upper management knows the right things to say, but very little actually is enacted or enforced on the production floor. Lastly, the safety is a joke. Numerous people have had major injuries and little is done to resolve safety hazards.
Pros
Easy work
Cons
Managers, benefits, pay scale is stagnant
Terriable place,to work
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNMay 3, 2019
Very hot place to work HR was a joke they fire good workers for no reason. The production manager was a joke had no idea how to run a plant. Don t waste your time here.
Pros
Cons
No breaks works u like a dog bad pay
Poor company for today's environment
Admin Support (Former Employee) –  Richmond Heights, OHDecember 27, 2018
Tranzonic pays poorly. Executives get paid a lot, but everyone else works hard and gets paid little. Don't expect a review every year, and a raise? Good luck. The people who work there are generally nice, except the Director of Administrative Services is horrible.
Pros
Food is provided pretty regularly.
Cons
low salary, very little paid time off
Not worth the trouble
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  KnoxvilleOctober 8, 2018
This has to be the worst place that I have ever work for.They tell you that they are all about their employees in your face but once it comes to actually showing it it never shows.Eveyone that works there hates their job and only there cause of a pay check.Pay is horrible for what you have to deal with and when it comes to asking for pay raises they tell you are were you need to be at.If you ain't a brown nose you won't get anywhere with them.If you want a job for a company that don't give a thought about you this is the place for you.
Official response from The Tranzonic Companies
October 29, 2018

Thank you for your review. We do apologize that you had this experience working for Tranzonic. Our company is always looking for ways to grow and improve, and the input of our employees is the most important tool we can use for this to happen. Please reach out to discuss with a member of our HR team anytime.

Long standing company
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Richmond Hts, OHMarch 2, 2018
If you like phone sales this is the job for you
They have been in business for a long time
Lots of longevity with management
Open door policy
Good Benefits
Benefits
Lots of Good Things to Say - Great Place to Work!!
Plant Employee (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNSeptember 26, 2017
Tranzonic's management team comes down from corporate very often. They are making great changes and have already increased the break times. We have a marketplace in the lunchroom. The supervisors and leads are nice and helpful. Lots of very nice people work here. People care about you as a person and really want the best for the company. The plant is clean, and the work is fast paced.
Overall it is a great place to work.
Pros
Attendance Bonus, Production Bonus
Very hot in summer to work at
Packer (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNAugust 9, 2017
If you just need a paycheck than this is a decent place
Need to switch people around every three to four months
There were good people who did work there
Cons
Short breaks
Official response from The Tranzonic Companies
October 29, 2018

Hello, I wanted to provide you with an update based on your valuable feedback. You are correct in that it was extremely hot to work in the plant in the summer of 2017. Since then, we developed a "Cool Committee" that we requested volunteers from our plant staff to join. This committee was instrumental in the comfort of our plant employees this past summer. We installed 3 portacools, refrigerators throughout the plant so employees could have cold drinks, large coolers filled with ice water, and cooling towels were provided for each employee. These changes made the plant a much more temperature friendly environment this past summer and as always we will look for additional ways to improve.

learned a lot, but wouldn't go back
Senior HR Generalist (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNAugust 19, 2014
When I was there, the company was owned by an investment firm and managed as such. I handled multiple layoffs, and terminated some of the best people I've ever known. When I left they hadn't given raises in several years, and I don't believe that's changed. The management staff has had nearly 100% turnover in the last 4 years, which says a lot.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Tranzonic Companies. Our community is ready to answer.

2.1