The Tryst Trading Company Employee Reviews

A good idea, but poorly executed
Chef (Current Employee) –  CoupeNovember 6, 2017
The Tryst Trading Company grew too fast for it's own good and is finally trying to catch up to itself. There are too many frustrations during a typical day to give an overall rating of more than 3 stars. There are holes in the communication chain from upper to middle to lower management which, when combined with a lack of any real training materials or processes, can make the job very difficult to do well. There is an excess of promises that things will improve, but decisions are being made by people who are so far out of touch with the realities of what working in a kitchen is actually like that the likelihood of these improvements coming to fruition is slim.
Pros
Free food and drink
Cons
No direct deposit, no retirement plans, little to no training
Wonderful company! Could not have asked for a better place to work!
Pastry Sous Chef (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 20, 2017
This is a company that allows you to be yourself. It is very much a kitchen attitude where they expect you to do your work, but they also want you to enjoy yourself. One of the core values that this company has is "lightheartedness". They want you to smile and be happy with what you are doing and where. There is also a wanderful support system there within the management.
Great Place to grow
Accounting Manager (Current Employee) –  Washington City, DCOctober 26, 2016
While getting my degree in Accounting I went from a waitress at one of their restaurants to Full Time Bookkeeper. I was able to get a lot of experience in multiple accounting functions. Once I become the Accounting Manager, I was able to create policies and procedures, help create budgets, and help make structural changes from analyzing data. The company put a lot of faith in me and gave me the opportunity to shine. I most enjoyed contributing to the policies and procedures that ultimately helped grow profits.
Pros
Free food at all of the restaurants, continuous room for growth, healthcare

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Tryst Trading Company. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3