The University of California Employee Reviews

Business Continuity Planner (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJanuary 20, 2019
Good place to work; pay very much not equal to others in my profession. Hired as a temp, but I had to leave school after two years. Enjoyed my office mates and working with medical personnel.
good place to start after graduating
Faculty Fellow (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 18, 2019
It was a stepping stone for my career. The co-workers are friendly. It was a good experience except that it was part-time and temporary. However, benefits are good.
Productive, easy-going work environment!
Temporary Employment Services (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 17, 2019
Working at UCSD was easily one of the most enjoyable jobs I've had in the past year. My colleagues were all friendly and helpful, and I've always wanted to work with students.
depends on your goals
Clinical Research Coordinator (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJanuary 13, 2019
A great place to start a career. You need to make sure you know what your career goals are, so you can navigate the immensity of the company the right way and forge a path forward for yourself, otherwise you might get lost/stuck.
I worked for the Division of Arts & Humanities as a Media Intern
Media Intern/PATH Mentor (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 11, 2019
My experience as a media intern at UC San Diego was very positive. They were accommodating, and wanted interns to have a meaningful experience. The position is temporary, and ends when I graduate.
Awesome place to work
Postdoctoral researcher (Former Employee) –  Berkeley, CAJanuary 11, 2019
Nice International work culture, open environment, brilliant colleagues and faculties
Student Job
Student Assistant to REHS (Current Employee) –  Davis, CAJanuary 10, 2019
I worked here as a student assistant. I enjoyed my time, but it's only guaranteed for the time I was a student. My management was nice and very flexible, and I have heard the benefits for full-time employees are great.
Productive and friendly working environment
SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Merced, CAJanuary 10, 2019
Working with a large team in order to keep everyone on campus as satisfied as possible was really amazing. The services provided by the University of California Merced are impressive especially dealing with thousands of students and staff.
Great way to start out as a teacher
Teaching Assistant, General Chemistry (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CAJanuary 9, 2019
Having opportunities to teach here is an eye opening. The coordinator will put you to oversee lab first. Materials and preparations will be handed on to you so you have it easy and familiar with how to run the class. Later on, you will be assigned for discussions which you have to adjust teaching style to match with students and class co-ordinator. Sometimes, your materials is hand on to you which is good if you haven't done any teaching experience before. The other time, you have to prepare materials that go along with the lecture giving you a freedom to manage your own class.
Pros
Good teaching experience
Cons
Lots of grading
Typical Day at Work
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Merced, CAJanuary 8, 2019
On a regular day, I have to host offices hours and a lab session. Also, I must grade assignments and input the grades into Canvas. Furthermore, I must create the solution to the homework assignments. Typically, I am very occupied for most of the day even after I come home.

Want to know more about The University of California?

Ask a question
Very good
Postdoctoral Fellow (Former Employee) –  Davis, CAJanuary 8, 2019
I'm a graduate student. There's really not much for me to say about the school. I wish the university could provide more career advising service to international students.
Great
Economics Undergraduate Researcher (Current Employee) –  Berkeley, CAJanuary 7, 2019
Great but I took 24 units, so it was quite hard for me. Overall, the job was interesting and rewarding! If I stayed at the university longer, I would definitely continued!
Great international environment
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Berkeley, CAJanuary 3, 2019
Excellent opportunity to interact with people from all over the world. Exciting and stimulating environment with non-stop activities to engage your mind, and stay healthy with active sports outside the job.
Pros
Beautiful campus
Cons
Bit bureaucratic
Short yet Sweet
EAOP Resident Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJanuary 3, 2019
The program lasts only one week. All the RTAs are super kind and friendly. The coordinators are helpful and considerate. Students are eager to learn and very easy to get along with.
Pros
Good people to work with
Cons
It is a very short program.
great place to work
HOUSING CONFERENCE TEAM MEMBER (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CADecember 30, 2018
Great place for a college student who wants to stay on campus to work. Also, managers are very understanding about being a student and working on caampus
fun place with after work social activities
Adult/Senior Behavioral Health Unit (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CADecember 29, 2018
Fun safe staffing with 1:5 ratio sensitive to pt needs.Family teaching to support great pt care, Enjoyed the friendliness of the staff. Medication nurse so staff nurse can focus on pt and group activities
Pros
great weather.supportive boss
Cons
needed 12hr shifts
Part-time job only
PhD Graduate Assistant, Physics (Former Employee) –  Merced, CADecember 27, 2018
Gained valuable teaching experience; the job was intended for graduate students. Tuition support was 100%, plus the salary as a teaching assistant. Not much else to say.
Pros
Full tuition support
Cons
Not a permanent job
Director of Residential Dining
UCI Food Service Director (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CADecember 22, 2018
Work Day: 8+ hours
Learned: Coordinating the critiques of a client and managing their concerns down to the service level.
Management: I had 2 managers. Corporate and Contract. Both managers expected only the best and were demanding of excellence.
Culture: Tense
Hardest: Unreasonable demands of the contract client
Enjoyable: Service excellence..
Pros
College environment and great facilites
Cons
Riding the rail of positive and negative critiques, lack of support by contractor of employee development.
Great employer in my time there.
Programmer Analyst III (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CADecember 19, 2018
As a former student, I really appreciated watching UCR grow since I graduated from a small UC into a regional nexus education. The benefits were UC quality, and I worked with some amazing coworkers and supervisors while there.
Great student oriented opportunity
Gallo Recreation Center- Recreation Attendant (Former Employee) –  Merced, CADecember 12, 2018
I worked as a student for the recreation center. It was a great opportunity to gain some work experience while allowing the chance to get ahead on schoolwork.
Pros
very flexible hours
Cons
fixed amount of hours for students per week