The University of Chicago
70Above average

The University of Chicago Employee Reviews

United States595 reviews
Great Work/Life Balance
Great physical environment. I enjoyed the work life balance offered. Overall, most mangers cared about creating a healthy and happy workplace culture. I enjoyed the people I work with.
No work life balance, Don't care about the well being of their employees
I worked for the University of Chicago School not the hospital, I believe they are quite different with regards to employee relations. I was a unioned employee that received little to no support from my union. It was my experience that they cared more about having butts in the seats then they did the well being of their employees. You could be sick and dying but you must show up to work if you don't have "time".
Excellent place to leaen
I used this time to research and attempt to finish a PhD.
It was very good experience for placing my academic studies within a culture of learning for medical students and professionals.
Bad
The worse place to work at the university of Chicago is facility service the management there is a joke they don't have respect of there workers there.
Bad company
They don’t care about their employees at all . Remember they love their numbers not qualities but quantities... you are just numbers to them .... no retention at all
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
The University of Chicago Booth School of Business
Chicago Booth has the best staff!!! The entire team in Career Services were amazing to work with. Always friendly and there to help. I enjoyed going to work each day:)
It is all about what you take from the experience.
It is all about what you take from the experience. You will definitely learn here. You will be trained or @ your own leisure. Be mindful & observant.
Try another company
this organization
is focused on customer satisfaction not for the employee's. Little financial copensation or appreciation for duties performed.
Everyone there was great
4 hour shifts, once a week. Everyone is really nice and its great to work with different parts of the hospital as well as the employees. The patients are the best part.
family and frends place to work.
A very busy place to work, learn to work together, management work with you. The hardest part of the job is where everybody come to you at the same time but at the end of the day everyone is happy.
All Positive
Environment is very positive. My experience was great not one complaint. Everyone I worked with was supportive and team oriented. Great leadership and Management.
Work/life balance
14 years with the U of Chicago,
were very well deserved and acknowledged. Happy with all of my time there especially my managers and coworkers.

Thanks U of C.
The best position I've ever had
I loved working at the University of Chicago, in fact I am applying to other divisions to try and get back there. The University is an interesting place to be while on campus; students, culture, location etc.
Productive and friendly place to work at.
Good company to work at if you are looking to advance your career. People are friendly and have your back. Offers good benefits, parking and near to public transportation.
Overall good experience work at the University of Chicago Medical Center
-Little to no training
-Stressful work environment

-Physicians have little to no patience.

-Rude, petty, & complain on a consistent basis

-Supervisors only cater to the needs of the physicians

-No support from upper management
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
little to no training, stressful work environment
Flexible schedule, easy job, sketchy environment
Mostly retired people, students and felons. Diverse environment with flexible scheduling. Job is monotonous but easy. Typical day is clocking in and dialing random numbers all day to see who picks up the phone to do surveys. Metrics are based on how many surveys you complete. I learned basic call centers. Management doesn't really care. Workplace culture is unforgiving because it is boring and everyone is bored. The hardest part of the job is keeping at it despite being bored. The most enjoyable part is the flexibility in schedules.
typical Ph.D life
UChicago is famous for END OF FUN. So I guess my Ph.D study here is quite typical. Students like me spend a lot of time at lab and office. It would be more than difficult to balance the life and work when you choose to finish a physics doctor degree. Luckily, my adviser is great and we are really productive.
Excellent location, flexible hours, great people
While working at University of Chicago, I experienced great people, flexible hours and room to advance. My management team was very helpful and knowledgeable.
Excellent job for work-study
If you like libraries, then this job is perfect. Got to spend all day in the special collections room or in the Mansueto basement, working the robot. Could be a little hard on the Vitamin D intakes, but otherwise an excellent work-study opportunity
Not a bad place to work
Overall, the University of Chicago paid well and had good benefits. Specific departments did not have great management, and the roles within them did not have any possibility for advancement.
Great work environment
Motivating and highly competitive work environment. It is perfect for those who want to hone their skills in analytics. The people are very professional and motivated.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at The University of Chicago. Our community is ready to answer.
Women's ratings

4.3Fairygodboss Score

100%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

100%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.