The University of Iowa Employee Reviews

4.2
Ratings breakdown
Hardworking employees
GIS Analyst (Current Employee) –  Iowa City, IAMay 17, 2018
UI Facilities Management is full of knowledgeable and helpful people. Bosses will tell you exactly the problem they want a solution for, and general experience troubleshooting is a must. Parties seem to be held every 6 months or so.
Pros
Benefits, Job Security
Good college job
Sport Operations Assistant (Current Employee) –  Iowa City, IAMay 16, 2018
The University of Iowa is a great place for student employment. Very flexible with student scheduling, and understanding of requesting time of for family matters or school. Everyone is very friendly and willing to help.
Student Developer Experience
Student Programmer/IT Support Assistant (Former Employee) –  Iowa City, IAMay 15, 2018
The experience I received was great for my career. The hours were very flexible for my class schedule. Management was very helpful, and encouraged growth.
Great Place to Work
Cambus Buss Driver (Current Employee) –  Iowa City, IAMay 14, 2018
I have worked at Cambus and any campus job at Iowa is tremendous. The pay is very good and they are extremely flexible for students because they know of the commitment for being a student.
Pros
Pay, Flexibility, etc.
Cons
Poor communication
Fun place of work because of the co-workers
Dental Instrument Management Technician (Former Employee) –  Iowa City, IAMay 14, 2018
Working at the COD was a great place but the nepotism that was being shown was unfair towards the people doing the actual work. Other than that everything was fine.
Pros
Lunches with friends
Cons
Nepotism
typical day
Buyer/Supply Chain Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Iowa City, IAMay 14, 2018
reviewing sales, inventory, writing orders when product needs ordered. Also meet with sales rep, always look for new product to bring in the store, and work with several departments to make this happen (Accounting, Warehouse, Marketing, and Operations)
Pros
great benefits
Cons
raises limited
Good place
Economics Tutor (Former Employee) –  Iowa City, IAMay 10, 2018
Developed study materials, summarized key learning points and provided academic support for student-athlete
Organized weekly tutoring session and office hours to provide academic support and explain economic concepts
A great place to work , and learn as many skills as you ever want
Registered Respiratory Therapist, BS, NPS (Former Employee) –  Iowa City, IA 52242May 7, 2018
I learned many many years of skills while working at the U OF I .
I moved up quickly, and was able to learn even more. I was in Management there and at the same time of learning and experiencing hands on RRT skills as well as administration.
Pros
LOTS of learning experience
Cons
Management can be against the UNION
Facilities Management is not a good place to work
Facilities Services Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Iowa City, IAApril 22, 2018
Too many Upper Management changes, They are ruining a job that used to be enjoyable, Management does follow disabilty laws and treat people with disabilities like 2nd class citizens and refuse to work with people
Pros
good benefits
Cons
everything else
Quality driven, magnet facility
Resource C Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Iowa City, IAApril 19, 2018
On any given day I could be in 1-3 different units within my department as I floated all around. The hardest part of my job was to float someplace after 8 hours of already being on shift with the new charge over me thinking that I was fresh on shift. I learned that there is a reason why we have standardized processes and safety was a very top priority to my team.
Pros
close to home
Cons
hard to get an uninterrupted lunch break
productive
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Iowa City, IAApril 19, 2018
Great support from colleagues. Excellent learning environment. Good support and availability of resources to complete job assignments. Great prospects for development like self development courses.
Pros
lots of self development opportunities
Cons
time pressure, and lots of work demands
Pro/con
Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Iowa City, IAApril 17, 2018
Love the patient population but hired too many new graduates that it was unsafe sometimes. A lot of experienced nurses were treated differently due to being too hard in the new grads.
One of the Best places to work in Iowa
Clinical Technician (Current Employee) –  Pediatric Specialty ClinicApril 14, 2018
Excellent Environment
Excellent Staff
Knowing that you are working in one of the best hospitals in the country and working with some of the best doctors and best staff.
Positive and fun workplace.
Secretary II (Current Employee) –  Iowa City, IAApril 10, 2018
A typical day at the University of Iowa is very busy. There are several Doctors & 2 ARNP's in clinic. I answer a multi-line phone. Some days the hardest part is just keeping up with everything but it is all very enjoyable. I enjoy working with patients. I try my best to be a team player and I get along well with co-workers.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
It is freaquently short staffed due to unexpected absences. Parking is an issue.
GREAT Company to work for
Certified Medical Coder (Current Employee) –  North Liberty, IAApril 6, 2018
The University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics is the best job I've ever had. I love the fact that I get to work at home and I love the fact that everything is online!
Benefits
Job
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Iowa City, IAApril 4, 2018
This job is a good part time job for a student to work part time. Hours are very flexible which is good for a part time job for a student. The work is valuable
Productive and fun place to work
Laboratory Assistant (Former Employee) –  Iowa City, IAApril 4, 2018
Excellent management. The University of Iowa allowed me to learn and grow as a person. I was able to have to great lab experiences here which helped me develop my love for researching.
Relaxed work place for student employees
Student Lead | Valet (Former Employee) –  Iowa City, IAApril 3, 2018
In valet, most employees are University of Iowa students. The workplace environment is very laid back. If you are motivated and demonstrate a strong work ethic, you will be promoted quickly and find a lot of reward in working in Valet.
Great benefits, located in a lively community
Administrative Services Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Iowa City, IAApril 3, 2018
If you enjoy what you do and work with great people, that's the cherry on top of being located in a community full of things to do. I worked a few different positions in the U of I and enjoyed some more than others simply because of the work that I was doing. Overall a good place to work.
Patient Transporter and Valet (Current Employee) –  Iowa City, IAApril 2, 2018
Good place to work; great work environment; positive atmosphere. Doing great work for the sick. Works very well with school schedule, holidays and breaks. Very flexible.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The University of Iowa. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

4.0Fairygodboss Score

67%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

67%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss