The University of Kansas Health System Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Good
OB/GYN Cinic Triage Nurse (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSJuly 5, 2018
The parking situation sucks up an extra hour of your day. Free employee parking is offsite and you are shuttled with buses that run every 10-30 minutes.
Everyone worked as a team
Registration Representative (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, KSJuly 3, 2018
I always had the support of my supervisor and coworkers. Was busy at times but with everyone helping the clinic went smoothly. Sometimes you had to stay overtime bit at the end it was always worth it.
Big, busy place. Challenging work environment.
Service Desk Technician I (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSJune 29, 2018
As a help desk tech, I spoke with many employees of the hospital in all departments. Mostly they were friendly and appreciative.
I was glad to be in such an important position.
average
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  MissouriJune 27, 2018
Average-It is fine- A lot of changing of times and positions and locations. Need to be very flexible.

Other than that it was a fine place to work. I felt that is has a somewhat negative atmosphere and not very energetic. A lot of talking about people which I don't feel is appropriate.
Current position is very collaborative and has a strong team environment
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, KSJune 26, 2018
The culture of the University of Kansas Health System is very much a patient-first environment. This is a nurse-led hospital that cares about the ethical treatment of both patients and team members.
Good company
Financial Counselor (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, KSJune 26, 2018
Overall good company to work for. Some benefits could improve but overall I would recommend this company to anyone as a place to work. Patient care is number 1 priority.
Aweome place to work!
Office Specialist (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, KSJune 25, 2018
Love the interaction with the patients and families, the staff here is amazing the atmosphere that they bring as working as a team is outstanding, the best care to get is definitely here!
Great nurses and patients, management and pay needs improvement
clincal nurse coordinator (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, KSJune 18, 2018
The nurses are amazing to work with, I have never worked with a better group of nurses. The patients I meet on a daily basis are amazing as well. Hours can be long sometimes, the nurses have an enormous amount of responsibility and work load, but on my unit we don't work weekends, holidays, and no call. I feel the pay for the amount of work we do should be much higher. Management could also improve, a certain one does not take our concerns seriously and can make things difficult.
Pros
amazing co-workers and patients
Cons
pay, management, workload/responsibilty
Collaborative Environment with Great Benefits
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSJune 12, 2018
I applied and interviewed for a unit secretary position and quickly learned a lot about the hospital environment as well as nursing culture in general. This job taught me so many important life skills, but you really have to be able to socialize and connect with your coworkers or else it won't feel as comfortable. At times, the environment can feel overwhelming so you definitely have to be able to work surrounding all conditions (slow, busy, etc). Overall, The University of Kansas Health System truly cares about the culture of their staff and they take pride in providing exceptional patient care which is important to myself as well as any patients or family members visiting. Would definitely recommend working here if you are okay with an ever-changing environment and fast-paced days.
Pros
Benefits, Staff
Cons
Parking, occasional disorganization
Excellent company with some of the finest people I know working there
Talent Acquisition Manager (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSJune 11, 2018
It is amazing working for a company that gives you examples daily of why you work there...they save people's lives. Each and every day employees make a difference and the folks who work there are dedicated to seeing very sick people walk out their doors. I was proud to be an employee of The University of Kansas Health System.
Pros
Being a part of a large system
Cons
Work life balance
on the job
Patient Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, KSJune 2, 2018
get patients vitals
take patients to the bathroom
take their blood sugar
transfer them bed to chair and on arrival
connect them to the heart monitor
measure their urine output
fluid intake
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
we get beat up by patients, and have stuff throw at us for helping the patients
Fast Paced
Radiology (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, KSMay 21, 2018
Fast Paced environment in which you can grow and excel to become the best employee. Staff is willing to work as a team to better serve those around the area.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
no child care
Scheduling issues
Patient Access Specialist (Current Employee) –  Topeka, KSMay 18, 2018
Management is not qualified for positions. Benefits are great. Fast paced work environment and making a difference in the lives of patients is a major motivator.
Pros
benefits and job security
Cons
salary and no breaks
Family-orientated and teamwork
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSMay 16, 2018
Ku was a nice place to work, just didn't feel suitable for me. And a lot of times I felt looked over by my management. I enjoyed working on unit 51 with my co workers.
Hospital driven to advance healthcare and promote and further employees education and oppurtonites
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSMay 8, 2018
Walk in to high paced environment striving to streamline efficiency and patient/employee safety.
Management Utilized Staffs drive to improve their environment by listening to a utilization review committee run by nurses working the floor.
Our diverse workplace treated all their employees with respect and expected the same from everyone from nurses and doctors to cleaning and maintenance staff.
The hardest part of the day was ending your day and passing the load to the next shift without wanting to stay and help.
I enjoyed our crew and we all worked well together.
Pros
excellent benefits
Cons
busy shift sometimes didn't allow time for lunch
Good
Patient Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, KSMay 3, 2018
Good place to work good pay good management good benefits good staff and culture. Nice new building and equipment to work with. Great work and home balance.
Manager
Physician Referral/Consultation Sup (Former Employee) –  Mission, KSMay 2, 2018
As a manager, I was very happy with my position. KU Med is an exceptional employer as well as an exceptional health system. KU is recognized globally and ALL employees are able to enjoy those milestones and are shown appreciation for their hard work. There are times when staff would be an issue but the teams worked well together to ensure all aspects of the job were complete. I was given opportunities to attend Call Center Conferences in order to learn more about my position and how to improve productivity without decreasing moral in the work place.
Great physicians to work for
MEDICAL ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Shawnee, KSApril 25, 2018
Great company to work for and a lot of hands on training and experience. I love my job and the people I work with but my salary doesn’t support me financially.
Cons
Low salary
The University of Kansas Health System is a great place to work.
Transporter (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSApril 25, 2018
I loved working at KU, I learned a lot and grew a lot while working at KU. There is a lot of great opportunities at KU. KU is a very busy place to work.
Great Place to Learn
Student Extern (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSApril 23, 2018
As a teaching/learning institution you are surrounded by people who are constantly learning and growing like you. There are students everywhere gaining experience and you get to work with them and help them grow in their professional practice experiences.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The University of Kansas Health System. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.7InHerSight Score

2.7Personal Development

3.1Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight