THE UNIVERSITY OF MEMPHIS Employee Reviews

Workplace Needs Improvement
Graduate Analyst Assistant (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNFebruary 19, 2018
There are cultural barriers that people of color must work through! Diversity needs to be addressed beyond words and websites. There needs to be real conversation about opportunities and barriers for people of color.
Cons
Diversity Needs to Be Addressed
ambiente ameno y cultural amplio
Full Time Instructor (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJanuary 12, 2018
el dia de trabajon es ameno, companeros solidarios y conocimiento de materias nuevas, siempre hay algo que aprender de los estudiantes, pocos problemas
Pros
horario comodo
Cons
seguro medico poco eficiente
Fast-paced environment with many opportunities to learn and grow professionally.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNOctober 19, 2017
The University of Memphis is a great place to work on many levels. However, like any organization, it has it challenges and areas that can be improved.
Excellent Benefits and Work Environment
Office Associate (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TN 38152August 24, 2017
Beautiful U of M campus
Great benefits provided to employees and great paid leave
Management is not always straightforward with employees and this often creates issues
Benefits
Cons
Managment
Great Place To Work
Academic Advisor for MBA Programs (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 14, 2017
I found that the U of M was a great place to work, and I was able to gain a lot of information from the people I worked with. I would recommend to anyone that can get their foot in the door to take the opportunity to work for the institution.
great place to work
Administrative Support (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJune 19, 2017
loved the co-workers and management
very friendly place to work
everyone is very helpful
I did data entry for payroll
worked closely with supervisor
she was awesome
Pros
friendlly and helpful
Cons
maybe gossip
Great Benefits and convenient location
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJune 10, 2017
The University is located conveniently in the center of the city. You can get anywhere in about 20 minutes. As a student worker, it is very convenient because supervisors are very lenient with your hours and are very supportive of your future plans. I enjoyed working with this company. The hardest part is managing students while being a student, it requires you to distance yourself from your employees to make it easier to discipline them.
The Best School in the South
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNMarch 30, 2017
The U of M is a great place to work. Is one of the best in the city. Everyone is pleasant and we have a beautiful culture. Great campus and a safe place to work.
Great for a Life Leaner to Work
Admissions Counselor (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNMarch 13, 2017
A typical day at work is busy ,but rewarding. You learn the ins and outs of higher education and how you can be serve the students (our customers). You are continuously learning and growing professionally and personally.
Productive Workplace
Computer Operator (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNDecember 1, 2016
Lovely campus environment. Developed necessary skills for advancement. Great workplace. State Board of Regents expertise.
Productive with huge research opportunity
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNApril 28, 2016
Typically I am assisting a professor for helping his course by grading, preparing slides, notes, hws, solutions and maximum time I am used to work on my research work.

I learned a lot by doing TA and RA work.
A very good university with a great environment to study and work
Ph.D. Candidate and graduate research assistant (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNDecember 14, 2015
The University of Memphis has a great environment to study and work. Graduate program in this university has a high quality.
great school
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNJune 15, 2015
great school to work or obtain an education.The company itself is really good, especially back in Moyock, but there is a disconnect between Moyock and Helmand Province. The project manager, site lead, ops manager are all about themselves. In fact it took HR from moyock to come down to look at the problems. It's a good ole boys network. The management is horrible actually in helmand province and they are not people oriented. The military also looks
Great time in graduate school.
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMay 26, 2015
Great school with good program, learned alot working as a graduate assistant here. All the professors were really helpful.
Great University with lots of future potential
Scholarship Administrative Asst (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMarch 20, 2015
I enjoyed being around the students with so much future potential. It was great to see young people every day who were striving to be better and therefore make our city, state, country and world better.
Productive and very welcoming environment
Professional Development Center Assistant Intern (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNFebruary 25, 2015
My typical work day was very busy and involved accessing various programs and updating various spreadsheets with student information. I learned a lot about networking with various companies and individuals and the difference that it can possibly make within ones career. Management was a blast to work with, because it was a small office everyone was hands-on with all of the office projects and business meetings. One thing that I loved about the department was that everyone was able to offer their input on all matters and we were able to make the appropriate changes if it would allow for our daily tasks to run smoother. The hardest part of my job was leaving after my internship had ended, because I had established so many relationships with other students as a result of working in this position which was one of the many thing that I enjoyed about this job.
Work atmosphere very good and the job was very rewarding,
Employee Records Assistant, Records Department (Former Employee) –  Human Resources, Administration BuildingSeptember 13, 2014
My day started at 8 am and ended at 4:30 pm. I learned many different job duties in an ever changing atmosphere in this job. I input payroll data, produced reports, adjusted changes in employees time and leave, and many other processes necessary to do the job.
In my 24yrs on the job management changed several times, but I had the good fortune of having a very good manager for the last
15 yrs. of being there and my co-workers were good people also, the hardest part of the job was leaving before I was ready to retire and the most enjoyable part of the job was the customer service part of the job.
Pros
three free classes each semester and you get to attend one during the day.
Cons
To many managers, supervisors, lead people, a lot of areas only need one.
Great Job
Desk Assistant (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 20, 2014
Loved the experience and the people. Not hard at all & very laid back. Worth the pay.
Fun environment to work in. Great staff and management that cares about all workers.
Event Technician (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNMay 19, 2014
Typical days include but are not limited to coordinating and tracking the progress of any advertising and promotional campaigns aimed at generating sales or the launching of new products in existing markets.Deliver lights and furnishings to all events taking place at The University and Rose Theater.Also handle and resolve customer complaints and issues.
The University was very professional and had excellent training
Administrative Assistant I (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNApril 28, 2014
I was the Administrative Assistant to the Department of Journalism, responsible in assisting the Chair.

Everyone across campus worked as a team, training would occur quite often during the semester.

Networking with the Dean's office and business representatives was top notch. I am a fan of their benefits and the relationship with the faculty, students and management was very close.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
n/a