The University of Michigan Employee Reviews

Found 1,289 reviews matching the search See all 1,294 reviews
Best place
Cook 1 (Current Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIJuly 17, 2018
Very negotiable and understanding. Helpful and resourceful. Lots of room to grow and encourage training on the job and off. Good salary and benefits and discounts.
Preceptor to Upcoming Pharmacists
Adjunct Clinical Instructor (Current Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIJuly 16, 2018
This is very rewarding helping to train and get the students ready for their professional careers. Keeps my knowledge fresh as well, and the students are wonderful to work with.
Pros
interacting wth students
Cons
non
Unique job but not worth the time and hassle.
Field Interviewer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 16, 2018
UM ISR is an ok job to be apart of, it allows you to have a flexible work schedule but you almost certainly have to work weekdays from 5pm - 10pm and every weekend, you also have to use money out of your own pocket to pay respondents for their participation and always be expected for management to throw you a curve ball. Management gives you goals that are pretty much impossible because you're trying to convince people that want nothing to do with the program to participate and if you don't then you get a poor evaluation as if you're not trying hard enough which isn't the case at all. They will even reduce your hourly pay without your consent and there is nothing you can do about it.
Pros
Flexible Work Schedule, You get to meet unique people
Cons
Management is not the best, You spend a lot of time driving, You have to use your own money to pay respondents
Human Resource Assistant Senior (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIJuly 13, 2018
The University of Michigan is a great company to work for with deep resources and co-workers who are on top of their game. I really enjoyed my time there and learned a lot that has benefited my career greatly.
Pros
Onsite gym and cafeteria
Cons
When i was there the HRIS system needed to be updated
face paced
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Cedar Springs, MIJuly 11, 2018
U of M was a good place to work.After 20 years of employment, I wanted to try something different in my life and decided to leave to explore different careers.
Absolutely fantastic.
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIJuly 11, 2018
I had an independent research position, which I absolutely adored. Would 100% recommend applying to UROP. I set my own hours and worked on research I was very happy to be doing.
Productive and safe working environment
RESEARCH FELLOW AT UNIVERSITY OF MICHIGAN (Current Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIJuly 11, 2018
The university of michigan is a great place to be for anyone who is pursuing research with more than 1 billion dollar flowing into research per year. It is a safe and enjoyable working environment with tremendous resources available to everyone.
Great Place for Interns
Research Internship (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIJuly 7, 2018
I had a wonderful research internship at the University of Michigan. Ann Arbor is a gorgeous location during the summer, complete with nature and plenty of restaurants and clubs. My mentor and PI were geniuses, and so kind and helpful.
fantastic Work environment
Administrative/Project Coordinator, ITS Operations (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIJuly 5, 2018
Terrific work environment. Great staff of management and non management. Fantastic pay, 403b program, all the bells and whistles.
Loved it there, sad to retired early. Left at 60 would have hung around until at least 66
Building Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIJuly 3, 2018
University of Michigan is not only a great place to attend school, it is also a great place to work in any department. Great benefits and you make life-long friends!
Reseach Student Assistant Sociology
Graduate Research Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIJune 30, 2018
I worked for the head of the Sociology Department doing assigned research on Dubai in the UAE. I used my skills to read and then either note an article in A specific Newspapers as possible research paper sources on a specific topic. I did most of my work at home and met My Professor once every two weeks or so to discuss any new topics of reseach or ehat I had done. I loved my job and my Profesor was great!
Great place too work
Custodian 1 (Current Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIJune 28, 2018
I really enjoying working here because my supervisor is really understanding and he has a sense of humor and my co worker are very helpful. The benefits awesome I really feel like I'm preparing for my future.
Pros
The Benefits
Cons
Working the graveyard shift
Excellent work culture
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIJune 25, 2018
I loved working in the Screen Arts & Cultures office. My job requirements themselves weren't strenuous, and thus very manageable, but what I loved most was the people I worked with in the office. They were all personable and encouraging as I furthered my studies at the university.
Good work environment
Administrative Assistant Intermediate (Current Employee) –  Flint, MIJune 25, 2018
Work environment is good, benefits are also decent, but limited opportunities for advancement makes it hard to get ahead. Benefits include 401, medical, dental, vacation time, sick time, and tuition reimbursement/assistance.
Pros
Benefits, vacation, sick time, 401, tuition reimbursement options
Cons
Little to no room for advancement
Best research Facilities
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIJune 24, 2018
University offers best support and guidance for individual and team research. Equipped with latest technology and machines. Provided Industrial experience to students as an Laboratory instructor
patient attendant
Patient Attendant Responsibilities (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIJune 20, 2018
i was a patient attendant for University of Michigan
i sat with patients and helped nurses i liked the job because i like helping people i got water and helped nurses
Pros
helping people
Cons
not enough money
Events Team is a fun thing to do
Events Team Member/Guest Services (Current Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIJune 13, 2018
I only work for special events and it is a TOTAL blast! You pick the events you can attend and they compensate you with lunch and a paycheck. Uniforms are provided free of charge.
Great benefits, decent pay
Nope (Current Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIJune 11, 2018
The benefits at U of M are amazing, the pay for most lower-mid level positions isn't high enough to afford living in super-expensive Ann Arbor, which is why the freeways are jammed coming into town during rush hour. The opportunities for advancement depend on the position and department, some great, some not.
Amazing opportunity
Radiologic Technologist (Current Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIJune 11, 2018
This position was an amazing opportunity but Ann Arbor is not my dream location. I didnt have any friends or family when i moved here but accepted the job because it payed well and has amazing benefits. Perfect for people with families and dont mind the college town atmosphere.
I decline to make any comments about the workplace.
Intake Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIJune 10, 2018
I decline to make any comments about that workplace environment, because as an individual it is my God -given right to decline, now and in the near future Please understand and accept. Have a blessed day.