The University of Rhode Island

The University of Rhode Island Employee Reviews

United States196 reviews
Flexible and Positive
I worked for an independent lab group in the Engineering department and they were very accommodating with my schedule. It was a very positive work environment.
Good University, Confusing Chinese program
I was an assistant to the Chinese department for a few months, I spent most of my time organizing inventory and helping make presentations for students about what they had to do for their summer programs.
Good work environment
The job allowed a lot of room for experience and better skills that work along side being a student. You are surrounded by other intellectuals that are very open to helping others.
Happy environment with high diversity
The University of Rhode Island and specifically the Engineering Department is a friendly place for the students and faculties.
Sometimes management is not as you expect, and it affects your ability, however, you can handle it.
Pros
Diversity
Good place to TA
I experienced great management, but benefits are slightly on the lower end compared to many other universities for graduate assistants and graduate research assistants.
Pros
Flexible to your schedule
Cons
Not great benefits
Leave a review. Help people like you.
Very good school to make connections and great people
Very good culture and attitude for those who want to achieve with events for future careers held regularly. This school does everything in its reasonable power to give you the most opportunities to reach your own potential.
Stable Job and nice place to work
Excellent place to work and to advance and I enjoy my co works they are very friendly. Management is very good and ver comprehensive to your problem and the help alot
Higher education is a great environment to work in.
Enjoyed my work, enjoyed the learning opportunities. Working environment is wonderful. Management was very friendly. Able to explore many different opportunities.
Awesome
Great school. Highly recommend. I learned a lot and met a lot of amazing people. If they had a counseling masters program I would have stayed for another two years.
Excellent establishment
Created and facilitated a civil, respectful, inclusive, and healthy residential community through programming, conflict mitigation, mentoring and referral guidance, informal counseling and caring interventions, on-duty coverage, enforcement of community standards and University policy
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at The University of Rhode Island?
URI is a great place for research in chemistry.
I enjoyed my time at URI. My professor was nice and helpful, supportive and cooperative. Fun to work with. Flexible work hour and independent work schedule made my work more productive.
big campus
works from 9am to 5 pm.
Many types of equipment can be used.

You can start interesting research by yourself.

People are friendly to help.

Country style not in a city.
it was aweful
I would not recommend it for anyone. They did not care if I was doing well or even feeling emotionally well. They will take anyone for a teaching assistantiship because they need a warm body and they will let you do miserably just so they don't have to pay someone a living wage to do the job.
Adjunct Professor Nursing
I had a 8 hour shift in the Nursing Department on the Kingstown Campus. I assisted students in preparation for Hesi testing. I enjoyed working with students and feel I made a difference in their lives.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
Uncomfortable work environment, no increases in pay
Don't want to give you any pay raises, only pay minimum wage for part time jobs and even salary positions don't pay enough for living in Rhode island.
Pros
Job security
Cons
Limited hours, poor management, uncomfortable work environment, unorganized
Fun place to work at.
It was a fun and reliable place to work at, you can learn a lot from customer service and by working with other students and building a great environment to work at.
Excellent, best-practices University
URI is a fast-paced, hard-charging, best-practices University. Our motto is, "THINK BIG - WE DO," and we live up to it. Graduates are regarded by US News as experiencing an excellent return on investment.
Productive and great work area
Great, collaborative work environment. I am so happy by my work area and my coworkers, they are so helpful and kind. The campus and city are so safe.
Underpaid
Part time faculty are always underpaid and under estimated. We have no benefits but yet we are the backbone of the department.
Part timers that are on step 3 should be given the chance to become full time
Fellowship Intern Summer 2017
The Director of the URI Science and Engineering and her staff were all very helpful and responsive ! Complimentary workshops were provided to enrich the interns experience during the fellowship. Food stipend, housing and travel were all covered for this program. Clean facilities and very nice environment. A very enjoyable experience.
Great place to learn
Related coursework, didactic: General Psychology, Developmental Psychology, Behavior Problems and Personality Disorders, Quantitative Methods in Psychology, Introduction to Clinical Psychology, Introduction to Experimental Psychology, Psychology of Social Behavior, Intro Statistics, Applied Psychological Research
Related coursework, laboratory: Quantitative Methods Lab, Experimental Research Lab
Ask a question about working or interviewing at The University of Rhode Island. Our community is ready to answer.
4.2
Ratings from women
2.9
InHerSight Score
2.7Personal Development
3.0Career Opportunities
3.1Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight