The University of Rhode Island

United States199 reviews

The University of Rhode Island insights

What people like
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Feeling of personal appreciation

great place for work-study

teaching staff was supportive, I was an office worker and could easily balance my duties and school workI felt connected to the mission of the school

Pros

good pay, flexible hours

Cons

not enough hours

URI has many wonderful opportunities for faculty and staff.

This is a great place to work. The faculty and staff are professional and respectful of each other. The goal is student success and we all work hard to meet that goal. Students are great too. I love working here.

Pros

Kiind people

Cons

Covid

Great place to work. Unionized with great benefits package. Being that it is URI, as a full time worker your are given the opportunity to got to school tuition free which is a plus.

Pros

Great benefits, Great Pay, Great work/life balance

Cons

None really

Good University, Confusing Chinese program

I was an assistant to the Chinese department for a few months, I spent most of my time organizing inventory and helping make presentations for students about what they had to do for their summer programs.

Flexible and Positive

I worked for an independent lab group in the Engineering department and they were very accommodating with my schedule. It was a very positive work environment.

Care to share?

Help people considering your employer. Share your experience.

Good work environment

The job allowed a lot of room for experience and better skills that work along side being a student. You are surrounded by other intellectuals that are very open to helping others.

Happy environment with high diversity

The University of Rhode Island and specifically the Engineering Department is a friendly place for the students and faculties. Sometimes management is not as you expect, and it affects your ability, however, you can handle it.

Pros

Diversity

Good place to TA

I experienced great management, but benefits are slightly on the lower end compared to many other universities for graduate assistants and graduate research assistants.

Pros

Flexible to your schedule

Cons

Not great benefits

Very good school to make connections and great people

Very good culture and attitude for those who want to achieve with events for future careers held regularly. This school does everything in its reasonable power to give you the most opportunities to reach your own potential.

Stable Job and nice place to work

Excellent place to work and to advance and I enjoy my co works they are very friendly. Management is very good and ver comprehensive to your problem and the help alot

Higher education is a great environment to work in.

Enjoyed my work, enjoyed the learning opportunities. Working environment is wonderful. Management was very friendly. Able to explore many different opportunities.

Awesome

Great school. Highly recommend. I learned a lot and met a lot of amazing people. If they had a counseling masters program I would have stayed for another two years.

Excellent establishment

Created and facilitated a civil, respectful, inclusive, and healthy residential community through programming, conflict mitigation, mentoring and referral guidance, informal counseling and caring interventions, on-duty coverage, enforcement of community standards and University policy

URI is a great place for research in chemistry.

I enjoyed my time at URI. My professor was nice and helpful, supportive and cooperative. Fun to work with. Flexible work hour and independent work schedule made my work more productive.

big campus

works from 9am to 5 pm. Many types of equipment can be used. You can start interesting research by yourself. People are friendly to help. Country style not in a city.

it was aweful

I would not recommend it for anyone. They did not care if I was doing well or even feeling emotionally well. They will take anyone for a teaching assistantiship because they need a warm body and they will let you do miserably just so they don't have to pay someone a living wage to do the job.

Adjunct Professor Nursing

I had a 8 hour shift in the Nursing Department on the Kingstown Campus. I assisted students in preparation for Hesi testing. I enjoyed working with students and feel I made a difference in their lives.

Pros

flexible schedule

Cons

Uncomfortable work environment, no increases in pay

Don't want to give you any pay raises, only pay minimum wage for part time jobs and even salary positions don't pay enough for living in Rhode island.

Pros

Job security

Cons

Limited hours, poor management, uncomfortable work environment, unorganized

Fun place to work at.

It was a fun and reliable place to work at, you can learn a lot from customer service and by working with other students and building a great environment to work at.

Excellent, best-practices University

URI is a fast-paced, hard-charging, best-practices University. Our motto is, "THINK BIG - WE DO," and we live up to it. Graduates are regarded by US News as experiencing an excellent return on investment.

Productive and great work area

Great, collaborative work environment. I am so happy by my work area and my coworkers, they are so helpful and kind. The campus and city are so safe.

Common questions about The University of Rhode Island

Answered by current and former employees at The University of Rhode Island

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The University of Rhode Island. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.2

Women's ratings

4.0Fairygodboss Score

100%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

100%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by  Fairygodboss