The University of Texas at San Antonio

The University of Texas at San Antonio Employee Reviews

Great place to interact with people
What I've learned at the Academy for Teacher Excellence is a lot of work office skills that I thought I knew. For example, knowing how to work computers a lot more, faxing, how to properly answer a phone call, help people get their questions answered etc.
very low pay
Too much work, very low pay, poor management, unorganized, lecturers think of getting other jobs outside university because of low salary.............
UTSA Recreation Center
Working at the UTSA Recreation Center was a great experience as it taught me great customer service skills and allowed me to grow through the multiple leadership workshops.
Printmaking Lab Assistant
This was a work study program and it was part of my financial aid package. The professors really worked with my school schedule, which really worked out in the balancing of work and school.
Some management feels redundant and wages could be better.
Benefits at this employer are sought after (pension retirement system, free medical for employee and reduced for family, plenty of PTO).

Often have to deal with bureaucracy and mismanagement. Definite favoritism and no emphasis on proficiency of work in Facilities, a definite need for standards throughout all entities.
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Every work experience is unique. Tell us about yours. Rate your employer.
Excelent place to gain experience as a bilingual professional
Multicultural campus with a big presence of Hispanic people.
Utsa
Great place to work at the college of business. I learned a lot about professional development and had a great time organizing professional development events for students.
Beware of the Human resources department
There are many great people at UTSA, many great programs. Seek employment at Business School or Academic Affairs. Stay away from HR department. Managers there are inept. Culture is toxic. Many policies interpreted incorrectly, organization is chaotic.
It's a fun place to work especially if you like the academic environment
It's a good place to work. The school has been growing in all ways in the last few years. I was in the engineering department and I like the direction the engineering department is in.
loved UTSA, now and forever I am a roadrunner
Great university, the chemistry program is coming up fast. I really enjoyed the communal atmosphere as a consequence of a smaller university. It is growing quickly though.
Great place
I spent my undergraduate years working as a research assistant and enjoyed the professional development opportunities offered while I was there, and the opportunity to network.
Web Developer
UTSA is a nice place to work overall. I had a very chill supervisor and i can work from anywhere i choose as long as i get the job done. He does not really care
Productive and friendly workspace
While working at the Office of Facilities at the University of Texas at San Antonio you realize it is easier to get along with the people working on the same place as you and that makes the work easier for everybody
Constantly changing environment. Process and Procedures are always being modified. Openness to change is essential.
UTSA provides employees with great benefits, sick leave, and paid time off. Due to the large employee population, differences in work ethics and work practices can lead to poor communication practices.
Pros
Vacation. Sick leave. Benefits. Holidays off. Fast-paced.
Cons
Insufficient managers. Inconsistency of process and procedure.
Great job during college
good job, it was great to make some extra cash during college, this job was helpful to high school students setting up there accounts for apply texas and fafsa
Amazing!
UTSA is one of the best places to work in higher education hands down. From athletics to academics its incredible! Campus is beautiful and students and staff are great to be around!
I was not happy working there at the CDC. The company should pay their teachers better. I would like to work there as a assistant professor, making at least 50,450.
Adjuncts
Adjuncts are necessary to the university, but their pay is dismal at best. Benefits are not enough to make up the difference. The attitude is that "if you won't do it, someone else will." For a position that requires a degree, the pay is not only insulting but not a living wage. Combine that with the fact that you must disclose any other work you do outside the university, and your file is flagged if you do! It is a trap.

On the other side of the coin, if you love teaching, the work is amazing and fun!
Teaching Assistant. Graded homework.
I was a teaching assistant at UTSA. I graded homework for a business ethics class. They were large classes and primarily my task was to make sure the student actually submitted an assignment and answered the question meaningfully. The hours were flexible and I could do the work from my laptop as long as there was an internet connection.
Fantastic
I worked at UTSA for several years as a writing tutor, and I was a great experience. Not only did I strengthen my own writing skills as a side effect of tutoring so many students (including PhD candidates), but I had the opportunity to work closely with a wide variety of people and empower them to become better writers. Leadership was student-focused and overwhelmingly positive. Hours were flexible, as were the locations. Overall, a fantastic place to work.
Great benefits. Raises determined by the State Legislature and average 2% every other year; only significant increases are with promotion.
Culture can change at any time based on VP in charge and the team she wants to bring in. Funding for new team was based on elimination of the old team.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at The University of Texas at San Antonio. Our community is ready to answer.
4.3
4.3
Ratings from women
2.7
InHerSight Score
2.6Personal Development
2.9Career Opportunities
2.7Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
The University of Texas at San Antonio Reviews by Location