The University of Texas Health Science Center

The University of Texas Health Science Center Employee Reviews

Tutor
Tutor/Mentor (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXSeptember 17, 2018
A great place to work that works with your schedule and that supports your studies as you are working as a tutor as well. Very positive workplace cultur
Productive and fun work environment
Field Surveyor/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX 77003September 7, 2018
A typical day consisted of a briefing/ site visit followed by canvassing and performing surveys. This was a great learning experience for me in that i was placed in a supervisory position halfway into the project and picked up certain logistical skills rather rapidly.
Wonderful opportunity
SENIOR MEDICAL RECORDS CODER (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 12, 2018
Great benefits, great pay, schedule is flexible, the job is relaxing but at the same time we are responsible to get it done.
Management for the most part is fair, however with such a big establishment they have to deal with multiple personalities,etc. Overall I'd say they are fair.
I clock in, work, take 2 15 min breaks, 30 min lunch with the option to take 60, clock out and go home.
Pros
Free health insurance for employee
Cons
No opportunity to work remote. Many have left for this reason.
Great place to work with great people.
Credentialing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXAugust 4, 2018
Great working atmosphere with great staff and managers. Provides excellent customer service and provides many learning opportunities. The state benefits are excellent.
Pros
People, education, benefits, discounts
Administrative Coordinator
Administrative Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJuly 19, 2018
A typical day - Assisted Chair, Professors and Students as needed.
Filed reimbursements, scheduled travel, managed calendars, set up meetings, ordered catering, time entry, sorted and distributed mail, answered phone,

Learned - to use multiple different funding sources, how and when to use them.
About Physical Therapy, Student needs, curriculum, etc.

Management - was good, everyone got along.

Workplace culture - a little different than anywhere I had worked before, wide range of age, ethnicity, etc.

Hardest part of job - occasionally there would be a lot to do, deadlines, everyone under pressure, would become a bit stressful

Enjoyable part of job - helping others get through stressful situations.
Pros
Great parking, nice office space.
Cons
Difficult to work lunch in at times or take a break
University of North Texas
Supervisor - HIM Training Department (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJuly 14, 2018
At the University of North Texas Health Science Center has a great culture and very enjoyable work place to work. The Management was a great resource and mentor for our department.
It was a great place to work
Oral Surgeon Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 13, 2018
This was a great place to work they taught me so much and offered to always take classes to better yourself and reimbursed you for any classes you did take
Unthsc
Learning Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJuly 7, 2018
I've loved working at UNTHSC. No university is perfect, but I do feel that the administration sincerely tries to live the values of the institution. I've been a part of a great team.
Professional
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 18, 2018
Worked as a team. Worked in a friendly and professional environment. Assist student with acquiring medical records. Provide courteous and efficient service.
Pros
Helping students
Home
Community Relations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJune 14, 2018
UNT Health Science Center was/is home for me. I started off as a temp there and worked my way up so it will always be a special place for me. The employee that I am to today is attributed to UNTHSC.
Good place
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJune 6, 2018
It's been a good experience as a graduate student. The school has 'evolved' in the last few years- there is still a lot to improve on. But there's intent to do the right thing and a vision for next few years.
Wonderful Collaborative Environment
Human Resources Assistant III (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 1, 2018
I currently work at UTHealth and have found it to be an extremely rewarding experience. I have been given opportunities to learn and advance my career. I work with a team of people that is supportive and collaborative as we work to tackle problems together. Everyone should work for UTHealth!
Pros
Great work/life balance and company culture
Cons
N/a
Collaborate place to work
Graduate Research Assistant, m. chat Team (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMay 30, 2018
I did not work here as an employee, but as a student. I enjoyed the people I worked with and my mentor or research professor was very supportive and encouraging!
productive environment
Research Intern (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMay 28, 2018
I learned a lot of lab techniques working in at the UNT Health Science Center. The grad students and assistants were very helpful and informative. There was diversity, which was good to experience and allowed me to share in different cultures. I met life long friends by participating in this program.
Medical data entry
Medical Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXApril 25, 2018
I enjoyed learning different types of information to input. A typical day would be to enter information into the computer, sometimes verify insurance. sort documents/medical record to be entered
Pros
Na
Cons
Na
No room for advancement
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 23, 2018
If you don't have someone to push you, you might remain in the same spot for years. Work hours are flexible but management is extremely poor. HR is great though, very knowledgeable set of people. Parking as usual is always an issue especially for those of us who live far and do not have access to buses and trains.
Productive and encouraging work environment
Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXApril 19, 2018
Like every workplace, there are some complaints, but at the end of the day, I truly enjoyed working here! Any negative comments I have are entirely associated with people on my team, rather than the system.
Excellent place for recent graduates
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 11, 2018
Lots of young folks, cool place to work with flexible schedules. I learned IPA (International Phonetic Alphabet), Standardized Intelligence assessments, and other cool stuff related to early childhood education.
productive support system for the less fortunate
MED ASST (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXApril 10, 2018
rewarding place to work, to help others is the way god intended, able to assist patient with care and home life struggles. winning teammates and support staff was great managment wasn't so good. and ceo's don't really care about patients. just the revenue
A good place to work, good pay and benefits.
Case Manager/Social worker (Former Employee) –  Houston TexasApril 9, 2018
I felt that it was time for me to retire. I had some temporary family problems that limited my ability to do my best. I initiated quitting and retiring.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The University of Texas Health Science Center. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

2.8InHerSight Score

2.4Personal Development

3.6Career Opportunities

3.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight