The University of Texas Health Science Center

The University of Texas Health Science Center Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Terrible work environment
Graduate/Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 19, 2018
The system is so focused on expanding to different locations but does a really poor job of existing locations. Unfair and unfit management, bad treatment, and terrible work culture with lots of drama.
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Tyler, TXMarch 14, 2018
Ut is a great place to work and climb the ladder to great opportunities. The company provides you with on the job security with stability. Many opportunities to help you succeed.
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 27, 2018
A typical day at work consisted of interacting with a variety of people. The most enjoyable part of the job was the collaboration and learning environment.
Comfortable workplace with great benefits and great people to work with /work for
Manager, Parking Operations (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 13, 2018
I worked in many different positions at UT Houston and enjoyed every position and Department that I worked in. Every Manager I worked for was fair and supportive as they worked as my mentors and coached me to learn different aspects of management. I enjoyed my 34 years of employment at UT and have made many friendships from work acquaintances.

I retired from UT in Feb 2016, took a well deserved break and looking to get back into the work force.
Pros
Benefits, paid holidays, people you worked with
Cons
Essential personnel/had to make self available after-hours and weekends
Review Lab Tech
Research Technician (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 31, 2018
I think this position is a great starter job for anyone fresh out of college. It's very hands on and you gain a lot of experience. I like that its a open lab with the availability to collaborate.
Good organization to work for.
Facilities Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 29, 2018
Good community of employees who work cooperatively together. Management is above average. Promotion and pay raises were below normal. Protocol and confidentiality was important.
Pros
Good benefits.
Cons
Depressed promotion and pay raises
Everyone gets along well and really wants you to suceed.
Business Systems Analyst (Intermediate) (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 17, 2018
Most people are very great to work with. Everyone is willing to bend over backwards to make sure you get and learn everything you need to in order to do a good job. Management is very understanding of your needs - personal or professional. I have learned a lot about different software applications and various database languages etc... The only hardest part of my job was sometimes things were needed on a short deadline but they made sure I had all the tools needed to get the job accomplished. The most enjoyable part of the job was being recognized for doing a good job.
Pros
Great benefits such as healthcare
Cons
n/a
relax
ACCOUNTANT II (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 16, 2018
Work was easy but management was too much micro management. couldn't find an opportunity for my career to growth.
Good health insurance with low deductible. More days off than private companies.
Cons
salary
Sr. Talent Acquisition Specialist /Human Resources (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 9, 2018
I had worked for UTHealth for 19 years10 months. It was a great place to work. I've learned so much at this company that I can continue my skills with other companies.
Talented staff, exciting working environments
PRACTICE MANAGER ORTHOPEDIC TRAUMA (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 20, 2017
Talented staff, exciting working environments. Large departmental operations. Great opportunity to learn new skills and experience. Plenty of opportunity in the beginning of your professional career.
Excellent working environment!!!
STANDARDIZE PATIENT (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 24, 2017
Enjoyed the professional culture with UT and my supervisors as well as co-workers.
Excellent training classes required to prepare for cases.
Staff was always going out of the their to assist standardize patients in preparation for daily assignments.
Pros
Professional atmosphere
Cons
Paying for parking
Mucha discrescion en crear un nuevo proyecto
Research Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Brownsville, TXNovember 9, 2017
Estuve a cargo del desarrollo y mantenimiento de un nuevo proyecto. La administración me dio mucha discreción en la formación y el mantenimiento de un proyecto con mas de 300 participantes.
Pros
horario flexible
Cons
politicas de oficina
summer internship
IT Intern (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 14, 2017
this was not a paided job mostly because it was a internship in the IT department. learned alot and had fun. i would recommend ,if possible, the internship program.
Great Benefits and good schedule
Case Aide (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 9, 2017
Company has great benefits, but there is not chance to grow, working for ten years and just one dollar raise, People should be respect it does not matter their culture, or age, every person deserves fair treatment and recognition, a well motivated employee is great worker.
Pros
low salary
Cons
low chance to grow or advance your knowledge.
Flexible
Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 16, 2017
The team is incredibly excellent, very flexible to accommodate study time between job, the management is excellent and the environment is the best to work at.
University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston, TX
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 15, 2017
UT Health Science Center in Houston, TX is a wonderful place to work. The unique hub of medical and health facilities allows health professionals to come together and learn from each other in a way most optimal for everyone!
Great place to learn, phenomenal place to work
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brownsville, TXSeptember 14, 2017
I love the diversity and the people at the University. They nurture your confidence as a health professional by encouraging you to learn. I definitely recommend the University as a quality place to enhance your skills as a health professional!
Busy Place to work
Outpatient Clerk (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXSeptember 8, 2017
If you want to learn about stress, then is the right place, learn so much and was appreciated for my experience. relocated o other depts was was easy
Pros
rewarded for hard work and good customer service, and close to home
Cons
No eating places close by
Great place to work and be productive
Psych Tech IV/Sr. Lead (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 31, 2017
Overall I am very pleased with my position and compensation associated with my job duties/description. Its a very friendly work environment. Highly recommended!
Pros
very relaxed and sometimes flexible
Cons
short staffed sometimes working long hrs
good place to work for and excellent benefits
Dental Outpatient Clerk (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 25, 2017
The employees were all friendly and liked to work together, clients were always friendly and were always patient with us at the Dental School, good environment to work under.