The University of Texas Health Science Center

The University of Texas Health Science Center Employee Reviews

People make the difference
Senor Management (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXDecember 3, 2018
The people who do the toughest jobs there are the best. They work hard day in and day out. They care about their jobs and the patients. They are the face of the organization.
Financial Counselor
Financial Counselor (Current Employee) –  Tyler, TXNovember 14, 2018
Fast paced work environment, professional staff and comforting care for patients.
Institution of higher learning dedicated to making cancer history and changing lives
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
N/a
Random and Laid back but no advancement
Electrical Technician (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXNovember 1, 2018
have to wait in line for someone to leave or retire to move up, pay is below average, take advantage of the fact they pay for job training. Cool atmosphere
Pros
Free food, nice people
Cons
Waiting for advancement
The people that work therr are rude
Transporter (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 29, 2018
I work there for a couple months enjoyed my job just the people there are rude wish I work better people . patient were sweet heart and enjoy the company
Flexible with school schedule
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Denton, TXOctober 3, 2018
Working at this job was one of the best things that could have happened for me in my undergrad. You had to be a student to work in the lab as a clerk phlebotomist which was wonderful because there was more of an expectation to do well in school and really use the job as an opportunity.
Tutor
Tutor/Mentor (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXSeptember 17, 2018
A great place to work that works with your schedule and that supports your studies as you are working as a tutor as well. Very positive workplace cultur
Productive and fun work environment
Field Surveyor/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX 77003September 7, 2018
A typical day consisted of a briefing/ site visit followed by canvassing and performing surveys. This was a great learning experience for me in that i was placed in a supervisory position halfway into the project and picked up certain logistical skills rather rapidly.
Wonderful opportunity
SENIOR MEDICAL RECORDS CODER (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 12, 2018
Great benefits, great pay, schedule is flexible, the job is relaxing but at the same time we are responsible to get it done.
Management for the most part is fair, however with such a big establishment they have to deal with multiple personalities,etc. Overall I'd say they are fair.
I clock in, work, take 2 15 min breaks, 30 min lunch with the option to take 60, clock out and go home.
Pros
Free health insurance for employee
Cons
No opportunity to work remote. Many have left for this reason.
Great place to work with great people.
Credentialing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXAugust 4, 2018
Great working atmosphere with great staff and managers. Provides excellent customer service and provides many learning opportunities. The state benefits are excellent.
Pros
People, education, benefits, discounts
It was a great place to work
Oral Surgeon Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 13, 2018
This was a great place to work they taught me so much and offered to always take classes to better yourself and reimbursed you for any classes you did take
Professional
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 18, 2018
Worked as a team. Worked in a friendly and professional environment. Assist student with acquiring medical records. Provide courteous and efficient service.
Pros
Helping students
Wonderful Collaborative Environment
Human Resources Assistant III (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 1, 2018
I currently work at UTHealth and have found it to be an extremely rewarding experience. I have been given opportunities to learn and advance my career. I work with a team of people that is supportive and collaborative as we work to tackle problems together. Everyone should work for UTHealth!
Pros
Great work/life balance and company culture
Cons
N/a
Collaborate place to work
Graduate Research Assistant, m. chat Team (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMay 30, 2018
I did not work here as an employee, but as a student. I enjoyed the people I worked with and my mentor or research professor was very supportive and encouraging!
Medical data entry
Medical Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXApril 25, 2018
I enjoyed learning different types of information to input. A typical day would be to enter information into the computer, sometimes verify insurance. sort documents/medical record to be entered
Pros
Na
Cons
Na
No room for advancement
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 23, 2018
If you don't have someone to push you, you might remain in the same spot for years. Work hours are flexible but management is extremely poor. HR is great though, very knowledgeable set of people. Parking as usual is always an issue especially for those of us who live far and do not have access to buses and trains.
Excellent place for recent graduates
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 11, 2018
Lots of young folks, cool place to work with flexible schedules. I learned IPA (International Phonetic Alphabet), Standardized Intelligence assessments, and other cool stuff related to early childhood education.
productive support system for the less fortunate
MED ASST (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXApril 10, 2018
rewarding place to work, to help others is the way god intended, able to assist patient with care and home life struggles. winning teammates and support staff was great managment wasn't so good. and ceo's don't really care about patients. just the revenue
A good place to work, good pay and benefits.
Case Manager/Social worker (Former Employee) –  Houston TexasApril 9, 2018
I felt that it was time for me to retire. I had some temporary family problems that limited my ability to do my best. I initiated quitting and retiring.
Social Services Coordinator and Faculty Instructor (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMarch 22, 2018
Great benefits, good job, great resume-builder. Not a lot of room to move up as a social worker but overall positive experience. A great place to build experience.
Pros
flexible, good atmosphrre
Cons
compensation low
An exciting place to work
Media Coordinator (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 18, 2018
My job at UTHSCSA was great. I was a media coordinator which meant I wrote newspaper articles and produced health related videos. It gave me an opportunity to express my creativity and work with other creative individuals.
Pros
Creative
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The University of Texas Health Science Center. Our community is ready to answer.